July 31, 2014 | 1687 users online

Skincare - Face - Avon - Anew Clinical Micro-Exfoliant [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by gdeezy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a little confused. Did Avon change this? The product I used to get (which I LOVED) had 2 chambers. --one with a fine grain and the other with a much heavier grain. You dialed a number to determine how strong or weak you wanted the cream to be. The dial controlled how much of the 2 products was dispensed. It worked wonderful!! However, this product I received this time was just a single dispensed cream with really fine exfolliant beads. It is worthless!! I could make my own with sugar and it would be better. I'm hoping I just received the wrong product and that the original is not discontinued. For the price, I definitely would not recommend this product...at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by LatinEarthAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff is great it has a dual chamber and the dispensing spout is numbered from one to five. in the whit chamber it has fine crystals and in the grey one it has thicker crystals. as you adjust the dial on the spout it mixes the two. This does a great job of exfoliation, It is a bit pricey at about $28 but you need just a little bit. will probably repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

IM CHANGING MY REVIEW FOR THIS!!This stuff is ok, but I would not buy it again. The reason is even though its a finer grain exfoliant, its not a chemical one. For that they still charge $20 for it. There are no chemicals to desolve flaky skin or a peeling property (AHA) so Its a regular scrub, the price should should be a competitive price based on the market for $9.99.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by JV1311

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good scrub. I just think it is a little overhyped with words like "clinical" and "microdermabrasion" being uses, as even though it is much finder than a regular scrub, the end result for me at least is not any better than it was for ex. with the Avon Clear Skin scrub, even though that one has much bigger grain.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I loved this when I first purchased that 2.5 years ago, because it has a lot of crystals in it to exfoliate, like a heavy duty sand-paper, it may not be good for others, but for my skin, it was great.
    Shortly after that, I notice it was on sale for half off, I went ahead & ordered 10 more. It took about 2 months for me to finished the first one. But when I used the saled one on, big disappointment, it was not as gritty as the full priced one, I would say less than 1/4 of that. Well, it was cheap, I kept it.
    What a bummer, Avon, for inconsistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by laurelsage

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This microexfoliant is wonderful! I use it twice weekly and my skin loves it. I am not too keen on Avon cosmetics or fragrances, but their Anew skincare line is fantastic. You must try this microexfoliant and the retexturizing pads...trust me on this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Pasha8888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is fantastic! It is exactly like all the High End exfoliants that you would pay alot more for. It works the same. I'm on my second tube of this. For the price, it can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this exfoliant. It really makes my skin feel silky smooth as I wash it off in the shower. It's not harsh and has a great 'at the beach' smell to it. My regular cleanser has beads in it too but this really deep cleans. I cant stand putting on my makeup only to discover little flakes around my nose, w/ this I never have that problem. I use it about once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Fit

The best exfoliant I've ever used. The beads are so tiny, like sand rather than big and grainy like others I've tried. I really believe this product could work a miracle on my complexion but will have to wait and see.

Edit: Well I've been using this every 2nd day for a month or so now and I still love it. My skin has desensitized to any harshness I initially felt. I have repurchased this product and consider it a winner. My skin does appear smoother too.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by cowartgirl

I had high hopes for this micro-exfoliant. I purchased for $17, a bit more than I would've paid- I really wanted something to make my skin brighter & fresher. The first time I used it I was impressed with the texture/consistency which is a really fine and creamy grain. The next morning my skin felt sooo soft, but when I looked in the mirror, I noticed a small pimple. I don't normally get acne, so this was weird. I figured I'd try again later, no big deal. I used the cream two more times, every couple of days, and now my one pimple has multiplied to 4 or 5. Not cool, not cool at all. I am an Anew fan, but this product left me looking like a stressed out preteen before finals.