Physicians Formula Concealer 101 Perfecting Concealer Duo Yellow/Light

2.2

on 4/16/2014 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This isn't worth the clearance price. It's super thick and is cakey and gross. It dries out very fast and does nothing except accentuate what you're trying to hide. Total fail of a product and like another reviewer stated, I wouldn't buy this again even if it was down to 50 cents.

on 3/1/2014 6:23:00 PM

purchased this at Kmart marked down so i was excited. I thought by it being a higher end drug store brand that it would give me exactly the coverage I was looking for...WRONG. I wouldn't purchase this again even if it was on clearance.

on 5/13/2013 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a very dry, stiff concealer. I thought if might be a good dupe for Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer, but it is far from it. This does not blend well, accentuates dryness under the eye, and does not cover up well.

on 12/12/2012 12:54:00 PM

I've had this for a long time now, and every time I try it, I hate it. I doesn't do much to help, and I often find it accentuates my under-eye problems because the product is so dry. It is a cream. I usually apply with my finger (brush is useless). Works decently with primer underneath, but I just feel like using this product is much more work than its worth. It is, however, almost weightless and feels fine on my face.

on 9/26/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this looking for something to hide redness and thought hey, the concealer in the same package is an added bonus. However, one side of mine is green, not yellow. The formula is ok, however, as with most PF products, the brush is garbage. One brush for two different colours is awful and it's like a cream, why anyone would include a brush is beyond me. It's cakey and difficult to get out of the packaging and so it takes a long time to apply. Once you have everything on you're in good shape, but the hassle is too much for me. You'd be better off buying the sticks and applying separately.

on 8/28/2012 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

** Not Tested On Animals **

Skin type: normal to dry but acne prone.

I bought this on sale for $11 - Physician's Formula is expensive in Australia (I think it was $23 full price). I've been interested to try this brand for a while because it's cruelty free.

One side is a real buttery yellow & the other side is in a flesh tone. I found this to be very difficult to work with as it is very dry. I moisturised prior to application but it immediately looked flaky & parched. I tried it under one eye & on a couple of blemishes but it looked *terrible*. I didn't go out in public wearing it.

Very disappointing. Will never buy this again. Whatever the opposite of HG is, this is it. I removed the product & refilled the empty palette with individual Yaby concealers - much better!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

There seems to be alot of complaints about this particular concealer, but I actually found this one of the best I've tried, especially for the price. I have tried most liquid concealers and they always sink into my lines, the texture of this one seems to work alot better for me. I have dark purplish circles tinged with blue around the edges; I love this because of the peachy colored concealer, which I mixed with the yellow and it really helps cancel it out. I was worried it would cake up because my circles get dry, but with a good primer it blended pretty well. It is also good for general blemishes. It is long lasting and I found it didn't melt off even in warm weather.

This is one of those kinds of concealers that definitely needs thorough finger-blending, the brush it comes with is useless except maybe for initial application. Packaging is average and kind of cheap looking, admittedly. But who cares, this works really well and I can tell it's going to last me a long, long time.

on 11/10/2010 11:26:00 PM

I really liked this concealer for minor blemishes. I could not use this for my dark circles it only made them look worse and cakey. But after awhile of use I noticed that it makes my blemishes look cakey. So now I have no use for this product and am now on the hunt for yet another concealer.

on 7/2/2009 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

The yellow works great under the eyes and on bad acne scars and pimples, but I found the tiny brush really useless. I ended up just using my fingers, which worked a lot better. You get a LOT of product, and after a while I threw it out because the idea of using my fingers to apply a product daily after several months became gross to me.

on 5/7/2008 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first got the concealer, I liked the texture. It was dry, but not too dry, and easy to control with the brush. The yellow worked under my eyes with a bit of light blended into it. Tinted moisturizer over all. Unfortunately, the concealer doesn't stay on very well and about an hour in, my undereye circles would reappear. The product also dried out very quickly. Within a month, it was much harder to get product on the brush. The concealer got streaky when I tried to use my fingers. Have given up completely and thrown it in the trash.