October 2, 2014 | 913 users online

Skincare - Body - Aveeno - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by bethymanch

I was given this product by my friend who has eczema even though I don't suffer from it myself. I have only started moisturising again because my legs were getting really dry and I've completely fallen in love with this product. I've become addicted to moisutring and use this everyday, especially after showering, it locks in moisture so well.

I also love the non-greasy texture, it's really smooth and the fragrance is almost odoureless and gentle - I had no problems with the smell. It didn't change the appearance of my skin, it just gave it a healthy glow.

The reason I've given the price 3 lipsticks is because I looked online at the costs and it seems to range from 5-13 which is a little pricey if you love a bargain like me. However, if you have eczema or really dry skin I think you can get it for free from your doctor, like my friend did.

I don't think there is much more you can want from a moisturiser. I would defo get this again, as long as I could get it for free from my friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Poli93

I've been a loyal Dove fan for as long as I can remember, but after reading the reviews for Aveeno's products I thought I'd give them a try. What I can say about the whole range is that it is very moisturizing, leaves the skin velvetty smooth! The range does contain paraffinium liquidum (mineral oil) though, which may be a bad thing (many say it's bad for the skin, many say it's harmless, who knows). The smell is a bit weird at first, especially if like me you're used to heavily-fragranced body products...It kinda feels as if you were rubbing Weetabix all over your body lol. But I've grown to like it.
This lotion leaves skin increadibly smooth, absorbs super quickly, doesn't feel greasy, and the consistency is lovely (unlike many body lotions which tend to be too liquidy and are a nightmare because they take ages to absorb).
Inexpensive, simple, and effective.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by chairmanmiao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was recommended this product by my ex boyfriend's mum after we were dating a while I suddenly had an outbreak of eczema on my hands nowhere else on my body or face in that moment.my skin had a very red dry sore itching rash and her sister in America had sent it over as her little boy (my ex boyfriend's half brother) had eczema on his body and they didn't stock it inthe UK at that time.

It worked for the little boy and his eczema cleared up however for some reason it didn't work on my skin.I had outbreaks of eczema before on different parts of my body and face of varying intensity and I found although this lotion was soothing and cooling effect it wasn't moisturizing enough as the texture was very light.it had a very natural smell as it is made with oats and comes in a light brown plastic pump action bottle and you can remove the pump.the beige colour of the packaging and lotion provided a contrast with my inflamed agitated red skin and it did reduce the intensity of the red attacking my skin which was light yellow at the time.

I have used oat products before on my skin.I used to cook some oats with water and use the milky gel like secretion as a face mask which would dry and then I would rinse it off with water which I found helped reduce magnified pores on my face and tighten my skin quality.however that was a few years ago whilst living in a different area and since then I moved to an area with different people and everytime I try cook porridge which is usually white creamy substance texture it is replaced with a different powdered substance in a medium brown color which isn't nice to eat and has no
skin nutrient properties.I am not sure how this is happening as I don't have any products in my home that I could have inadvertently replaced it with and as far as I'm aware I havnt invited anyone into my home when I've been cooking and I have no memory of anyone else coming into my home uninvited when this kept happening.I stopped buying it because it was waste of money time and waste of product that other people had to go to work to produce just so I could tell this real life experience.

So with aveeno body moisturizer best advice is try it maybe it would work for you maybe it wont.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by AshleyGLA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This cream is an absolute miracle!!! I've had really bad, really sore patches of eczema on my hands for the past few months & I tried everything to get rid of it or even just stop it bleeding/cracking - hydrocortisone, steroid cream, double base, the lot - but none of them worked. My cousin had this lying around because it didn't work for her so, during a particularly bad flare-up, I put some on &, at first, my eczema seemed to get worse, even turning bright red as if I'd been burnt. The next day however, my eczema was significantly better, hardly itchy & didn't bleed/crack at all. I've only been using this cream for 3 days now but I can honestly say my eczema is better now than it has been for months, definitely stocking up on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by gloriaeavalos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion, especially for the non-winter months! It's moisturizes and absorbs quickly. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by dandamilmar

The ONLY lotion that can get rid of my dry patches. I have some dry patches on my shoulder especially in winter. I have used tons of lotion(cheap and expensive ones) and this is the only thing that has worked on me.

The only thing negative about it is when you live in a warm humid place (or summer) it feels very heavy and sticky on skin. But over all its a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by WAP

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aveeno is a great product. It is made from natural organic ingredients that wont react with you skin. Its simply packaged, cheap to buy around 5 per tube. If you have sensitive, dry skin its really worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by astokato

This is a review about Aveeno active ingredients skin relief body lotion (natural oatmeal & shea butter) in case i m on the wrong spot.It s an excellent product,i bought it in tube 200ml cause that s how you can find it in Greece.It s absolutly fragrance free, absorbs almost instantly and it s not greesy.I use it as a body lotion,hand cream and sometimes as a face cream and i didn t breakout at all.It s rather expensive here, where you can find other lotions in a better price but it s the only lotion i ve found till now that helps my very dry hands.
If i ll not be able to find a cheaper lotion that works as well for me i ll buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 3:13:00 AM More reviews by khanhster

I love this lotion. I usually apply this after shaving my legs, it keeps my skin moisturize all day long and theres no heavy cloying scent that irritates my skin. Perfect for everyday wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2003 3:12:00 PM More reviews by beautygal1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a great year round moisturizer for me. It really does last all day even on those hard areas like elbows.