September 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Toners - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Vitamin C Balancing Facial Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by als14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised to see all the negative reviews for this product! I really like it. I have normal to dry skin so perhaps that's why it works well with my skin. I use it once a day (at night) and apply my night cream right after and wake up to smooth glowing skin. It's great! :) The only negative thing I experienced was the stinging/burning sensation immediately after applying the toner. I found my face was a bit red for a few minutes after but once I applied my night cream it went away. I will def purchase again!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by lattelisa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the smell but leaves my skin feeling numb afterwards, as if they put a topical anesthetic to reduce the burning of the harsh chemicals.
Skin felt as if my skin got a chemical burn.

Recently I switched to a rosewater toner and am much happier with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by artemova

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This used to be my favorite skin care product... until it was reformulated about six months ago. I used it twice daily for years -- it left my skin feeling fresh and clean, but never dry, and it smelled like citrus. Then one day I opened a new bottle and discovered that the product had changed completely. Now it leaves a sudsy residue on my face (the opposite of the effect I'm going for!) and the smell doesn't seem as bright as before, either. Unless they revert to the old formula, I will never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Aniax021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really excited to try this toner, I was looking for a drugstore vitamin c toner to help even out my skin tone and help fade my acne scars and based on the reviews here I gave it a go.
Big mistake..
The first day I applied it right away I noticed the strong smell...other than that it seemed to be ok.
Then on about day 3-4 I noticed a fine film on my skin..which is not supposed to happen, and then by the end of the week I saw breakouts on my face..yea..huge, cystic breakouts! this toner I think it has too much glycerin or something because I could really feel it on my face.
I felt like I had 4 moisturizers on my face, it felt thick and greasy..and very clogged! I saw blackheads in areas where I never see them!
This toner completely clogged my skin.
As for the acne scars, it did slightly fade them away but as soon as I stopped using the toner they appeared again..so..that's also not what it's supposed to do..very temporary solution..doesn't actually help.

Overall, I will def. not repurchase this toner again. Horrible product, clogged me up completely, broke me out. It doesn't even deserve 1 lippie from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by gumiho

The biggest thing that bothered me was the smell. Maybe it would be fine by itself, but it mixed with the serum I use after it and just really bothered me. It didn't break me out, but didn't seem to do anything REALLY good either.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Laniest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm 21 years old and I have been playing tennis for almost 10 years. I have been exposed to the sun 5 days a week, 2-3 hours a day. (I wear 100 spf sunscreen) Thankfully I have never had any issues with my skin. I don't have acne (I only get 1 or 2 pimples during that time of the month) and I don't have wrinkles or fine lines or anything like that. I bought this toner because vitamin C helps brighten your skin and I wanted to start taking care of my skin. I didn't see any results on my face, but my mom told me that my skin looks brighter and even toned. She went and bought a bottle for herself. I guess this toner really works and I'm pretty sure that I will continue to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by sunlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, I really have no complaints about this product. It helped to get any makeup residue off of my skin after cleansing. It didn't leave a sticky film. My skin felt refreshed, not tight, and because of the vitamin C, I felt like my skin was a little healthier. I noticed my pores were smaller after using this product. I'm not sure if it is due to to the toner or anything else i may have done differently, like exfoliating and using a mask more often. Regardless, I do believe this is a good product that I feel is good for my skin, and does a job well done.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Kiana16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Vitamin C generally brightens the skin and makes it appear more glowy and radiant, so when I found a toner that is vitamin C based, I was so excited. I have used up an entire bottle of this toner and I love it. It has little to no harmful ingredients, which is what drew me towards it. All natural pretty much. I always moisturize afterwards. I feel like this does balance my skin a lot, will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by makeupsmad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this toner. I bought the Dermalogica Antioxidant Hydramist a few months back that is around $40. Whereas I like that, it was only as a spray on toner and I didn't see any revelation of amazing skin worth $40 for toner. I bought this on a whim and I have been very pleased. It smells great and feels hydrating on my skin. I do have normally oily skin but use anti-aging products that can tend to leave it on the dry side, so I do like this. I don't feel any sort of film left behind. It did however remind me what a toner is really for...getting rid of leftover makeup!! I use Cerave hydrating face wash which is great for my skin, but doesn't remove all trace makeup. This helps to whisk the rest away and my skin has benefited from it. The only thing that I don't like (which is not really the product's fault) is that it's so liquidy that it comes rushing out of the bottle and sometimes you either get it all over or end up dumping more out on the cotton ball than you really wanted. In about 3 weeks I'd say mine is about 2 inches used, and that's with using it twice a day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by harmantp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for 3 weeks and have noticed an overall brightening of my skin. Some of my dark marks are fading. I can't wait til it's been 6 weeks to see even more of an improvement. It has even decreased my breakouts!!! :-)

I use this morning and night, no moisturizer, I have oily skin.