Avalon Organics Botanicals Vitamin C Balancing Facial Toner

Not tested on animals

Water, Aloe Leaf Juice(1), Glycerin, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Orange Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Arnica Montana Flower Extract(1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract(1), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract(1), Papaya Fruit Extract(1), Chamomilla Flower Extract(1), Lemon Peel Extract*, Cucumber Fruit Extract(1), Echinacea Angustifolia Extract(1), Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract(1), Lavender Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract(1), Olive Leaf Extract(1), Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caprylyl/Capryl Wheat Bran/Straw Glycosides, Fusel Wheat Bran/Straw Glycosides, Glyceryl Caprylate, Polyglyceryl-5 Oleate, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Alcohol(1), Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Anisate, Sodium Levulinate, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 2/9/2015 6:43:00 AM

I bought this on clearance in target for 4 bucks and honestly it should be banned. It smells like rotten fruit and it made me get blackheads in the side of my lips. I never had blackheads in that area! Absolute garbage :*/

on 2/6/2015 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Sorry - this is one of the most awful toners I've ever used. It has bergamot oil, lavender oil, citrus oils (which are all photosensitive ingredients or cause photo-sensitivity when applied on skin).

I noticed some redness when I applied this toner on my face. An hour later, my face looked very oily and dull. I don't understand what would cause all the oils to seep out of the skin - probably capillary action or something - this toner seems to draw out a lot of oil from the skin. In the long run, I am not sure if that's a bad thing.

However, the low rating is for all those harsh oils in the ingredient list, which cause photo-sensitivity. If those ingredients are replaced with chamomile, fennel etc good herbs and witch hazel, it would probably be a decent toner.

on 3/11/2014 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm surprised to see all the negative reviews for this product! I really like it. I have normal to dry skin so perhaps that's why it works well with my skin. I use it once a day (at night) and apply my night cream right after and wake up to smooth glowing skin. It's great! :) The only negative thing I experienced was the stinging/burning sensation immediately after applying the toner. I found my face was a bit red for a few minutes after but once I applied my night cream it went away. I will def purchase again!

on 5/23/2013 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the smell but leaves my skin feeling numb afterwards, as if they put a topical anesthetic to reduce the burning of the harsh chemicals.
Skin felt as if my skin got a chemical burn.

Recently I switched to a rosewater toner and am much happier with it.

on 5/8/2013 10:57:00 AM

This used to be my favorite skin care product... until it was reformulated about six months ago. I used it twice daily for years -- it left my skin feeling fresh and clean, but never dry, and it smelled like citrus. Then one day I opened a new bottle and discovered that the product had changed completely. Now it leaves a sudsy residue on my face (the opposite of the effect I'm going for!) and the smell doesn't seem as bright as before, either. Unless they revert to the old formula, I will never buy this again.

on 4/13/2013 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was really excited to try this toner, I was looking for a drugstore vitamin c toner to help even out my skin tone and help fade my acne scars and based on the reviews here I gave it a go.
Big mistake..
The first day I applied it right away I noticed the strong smell...other than that it seemed to be ok.
Then on about day 3-4 I noticed a fine film on my skin..which is not supposed to happen, and then by the end of the week I saw breakouts on my face, huge, cystic breakouts! this toner I think it has too much glycerin or something because I could really feel it on my face.
I felt like I had 4 moisturizers on my face, it felt thick and greasy..and very clogged! I saw blackheads in areas where I never see them!
This toner completely clogged my skin.
As for the acne scars, it did slightly fade them away but as soon as I stopped using the toner they appeared again..so..that's also not what it's supposed to do..very temporary solution..doesn't actually help.

Overall, I will def. not repurchase this toner again. Horrible product, clogged me up completely, broke me out. It doesn't even deserve 1 lippie from me.

on 8/24/2012 5:29:00 PM

The biggest thing that bothered me was the smell. Maybe it would be fine by itself, but it mixed with the serum I use after it and just really bothered me. It didn't break me out, but didn't seem to do anything REALLY good either.

on 7/6/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm 21 years old and I have been playing tennis for almost 10 years. I have been exposed to the sun 5 days a week, 2-3 hours a day. (I wear 100 spf sunscreen) Thankfully I have never had any issues with my skin. I don't have acne (I only get 1 or 2 pimples during that time of the month) and I don't have wrinkles or fine lines or anything like that. I bought this toner because vitamin C helps brighten your skin and I wanted to start taking care of my skin. I didn't see any results on my face, but my mom told me that my skin looks brighter and even toned. She went and bought a bottle for herself. I guess this toner really works and I'm pretty sure that I will continue to buy it.

on 6/24/2012 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Overall, I really have no complaints about this product. It helped to get any makeup residue off of my skin after cleansing. It didn't leave a sticky film. My skin felt refreshed, not tight, and because of the vitamin C, I felt like my skin was a little healthier. I noticed my pores were smaller after using this product. I'm not sure if it is due to to the toner or anything else i may have done differently, like exfoliating and using a mask more often. Regardless, I do believe this is a good product that I feel is good for my skin, and does a job well done.

on 4/24/2012 12:42:00 AM

Vitamin C generally brightens the skin and makes it appear more glowy and radiant, so when I found a toner that is vitamin C based, I was so excited. I have used up an entire bottle of this toner and I love it. It has little to no harmful ingredients, which is what drew me towards it. All natural pretty much. I always moisturize afterwards. I feel like this does balance my skin a lot, will definitely repurchase.