MAC Pigment in Naked

4.2

on 2/11/2015 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love Mac Naked pigment!! I think it's the most beautiful nude eye shadow on the market. The ethereal glow that it has is amazing. It's just so stunning!! - And then, there's that frick'in glitter in it. I really am not a fan of glitter. But I love Naked so much that I'm willing to overlook it. The glitter is micro and so that helps to overlook it, but, I wish Mac would put out Naked minus the glitter. Because the naked matte color behind the glitter has the ethereal glow. It's not the glitter that gives it the glow, it's the satin like velvet finish in the nearly matte - like, however still yet sheen, that gives it the glow. Anyway, if anyone knows of another eye shadow that comes close to Naked with out the glitter, or a rather a good dupe minus the glitter, please let us Makeup Alley bloggers know about it. Bare Escentuals does have a loose eye shadow called Satin Peach and it's the closest thing I've found so far. However, I'm still on the hunt for a closer dupe.

on 12/20/2014 8:10:00 PM

This was given to me as a gift from my mother-in-law for Christmas three years ago I believe. I really fell in love with it. Nice neutral, light, shimmery pigment. I use this alone all over my lids, the inner corners of my eyes, over eyeshadows, & on my Cupid's bow. It's beautiful. I went through the whole container and have yet to buy more... Definitely worth the purchase.

on 7/11/2013 8:00:00 PM

This is pointless. It has no color payoff besides crazy glitter. Just awful.

on 6/14/2013 12:41:00 AM

Perfect neutral/all over color. Looks great by itself or with other colors. I like to use this on the lid and inner corners of eyes, and on cheekbones as a highlight. It is very sparkley but not big chunks of glitter. If you pack it on the lid it does have coverage and covers darkness/discoloration well and just really brightens up the eye area.

on 1/16/2013 11:49:00 PM

The absolute best nude eyeshadow in the world! Stays put forever. There's a lovely light sparkle in it, but it's just enough to add some interest. It's wonderful as a base to other bolder colours. I also like a little dusting on my cheeks as a highlighter. Although it looks like the container is small, I've been using the same bottle for about 6 years - it only takes a small amount to get the colour payoff. I tap a little bit out onto the back of my hand, then use a brush so that I don't contaminate the product in the container.

on 11/9/2012 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Rediscovered love!

I have had this pigment for a while and have started recently using it again and I don't know why I ever stopped. It is a beautiful neutral color with some shimmers but it doesn't look over the top or overdone at all. A definite day or night color.

I have several neutral eyeshadows and pigments from MAC and other brands and have nothing else quite like this. Really pretty colour.

I have the full size jar and have pressed some. Definitely recommend pressing this color so you get more use out of your pigments as this is a definite HG product that should not be neglected

on 6/20/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The sweetest MA at a MAC store tried the on my lids and I couldn’t even tell I had anything on my lids. I was hoping for a neutral all over lid colour that I could use at work or school. I will not purchase.

on 5/24/2012 11:21:00 PM

I have an extreme loathe for any "shimmery" products, I always prefer matte or at the most semi matte, especially when it comes to eye shadows. I think the reason being is anything with shimmer can easily look tacky and too shiny.

This beaut however is one of very few exceptions (the other being Shiseido's illuminating eye shadow) At first I applied it with a contour brush and my God did I fall in love. It was light, neutral but had a "glow" that other shimmery pigments fail to achieve. I use it as a base on my eyes, and a highlighter underneath the brow line. A little bit goes a long way with MAC pigments, and I can see a 7.5g pot lasting forever. I currently only have a sample given to me as a freebie when I bought some studio fix powders from MAC. I am unsure if I will go as far to buy a 7g pot, but will definitely get my hands on a 2.5g pot and see how I go :)

on 4/1/2012 4:04:00 PM

I have no idea why they advertise this as a matte cause it definitely shimmers lol which I LOVE. This and vanilla are my 2 favorite highlighters. It looks so blah in the jar but on it looks soooooo pretty. I wouldnt want to live without it in my collection. I have already used half a full sized jar of it....more than almost any other pigment I have.

on 3/18/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is by far my favorite pigment from MAC, I use it most days as an all over lid color when I am looking for a nice natural eyeshadow. I normally don't like too much shimmer on my lid but I will make an exception for this little beauty..The color can be described as a light beige with gold shimmer. It looks amazing for pin up look. It's just so pretty I can see me buying it over and over. The only downfall I can think of is the packaging. I don't find that pigments of any kind are the easiest to use, they can be very messy.