November 25, 2014 | 1731 users online

Polishes - Hard Candy - Trailer Trash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Trailer Trash is a bright, glittery, silver nail polish. I always feel like the Tin Man when I wear this! Like other reviewers stated, this really does look like you have aluminum foil on your fingers. I normally steer clear of glitter polishes because I find many of them to be juvenile (even though I'm only 20 myself) and because they are a pain to take off. Luckily, the glitter is very small in this polish, so it's a little easier to take off than chunky glitter polishes. The formula is really nice. This was much less streaky than I expected and it is completely opaque in 2 coats. This also dries very quickly. Trailer Trash wears about 5 days on me without chipping, so it's on par with higher end polishes for me.
I'm not sure if this shade is still available. I bought this way back in the day when Hard Candy was still sold at Sephora. But if it is, I'll definitely be snagging another bottle of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 6:44:00 AM More reviews by angerturnedsideways

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This looks like foil on your fingers - it's an opaque silver with small glitters and is so shiny it almost looks reflective. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice silver polish that looks sort of rough on its own texture-wise, but if you put on a top coat it looks smooth. I have several dupes of this though, Orly's Dazzle to name one. Oh, and I needed 3 coats to make it opaque.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 5:55:00 AM More reviews by genie1226

Got this from a UK site called fragrancedirect with only 0.99 pounds! The minute I write this review, the products are still available on that website. Never thought abt getting a silver-colour polish until seduced by this dirt cheap price... lol~~~ to my surprise, this is a fabulous polish. With only one coat, you get an amazingly pretty metallic look. I will repurchase, but this bottle is 15ml (other polishes are usually 8ml), so it's gonna last for quite a while. Simply perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by olivia208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a pretty silver polish for a very long time but hadnt been succesful in finding 1 until i looked at the hard candy site i got this nail polish for $ 3.50 and i have to say id pay way more than that for it . it only took 2 coats and my nails were a very pretty silver color like the reviewers below it really does look like aluminum foil on your nail which i love - overall i will deffinatly repurchase plus it comes with a cute matching ring !

i havent tested the lasting strength in this because i just got it a couple hours ago so i will edit if i have any problems

EDIT: while i still love the color , the lasting power sucks so i decided to take off 1 stars , even with my OPI top coat it still chips within 2 days

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2008 5:03:00 PM More reviews by oceansgurlie

I received this polish as a gift 10 years ago and have finally decided to try it. If I had known how beautiful it was, I would have bought more when they were still on the market! Just like another reviewer said, this nail polish shines on your nails like aluminum foil which was really impressive since some silver polishes tend to look more dull and gray once you put it on.

This polish is a really unique kind of shimmer where it's made up of what looks like tiny, microscopic glitter, not big enough to be considered a glitter polish but big enough that you can actually see all of the individual pieces. It did require 3 coats for me to get full coverage of my nails but it was worth it since the result was so vibrant and eye catching. It's exactly the kind of polish that I've always wanted since it's something that really attracts the eye and forces others to notice all of the hard work that I put into my manicures. I think that it also looks great on any skintone and with any outfit.

Staying power was unfortunately not so great since it chipped very heavily on me only 12 hours and after 24 hours it was half gone on some nails but I'm thinking that this might have been due more to my cheapie base coat rather than the polish itself.

Pics included below

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2007 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite silver nail polish! I snapped up the last bottle at my local Sephora. This is a TRUE silver and very opaque. I used base coat + two coats of TT + top coat and got a lovely bright silver that lasted a long, long time. Best for cool undertones and short nails (or toenails) - I'm a very cool-toned PPP and this suits me to a T. I am stocking up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2006 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Evanstar

One of my favorites! Trailer trash is a true metallic silver that looks great on nails and truly stands out! I also use this polish sometimes to give tips on other hard candy base manicures. (I have Anonymous on now with Trailer Trash tips and it is awesome~!) I also love how durable this particular Hard Candy shade is! For some reason this polish always lasts at least a week on my nails after an application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2005 2:13:00 PM More reviews by CloudsInMyCoffee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Those looking for the ultimate metallic nail polish. This is it. It's like glittery aluminum foil and is just so shiny and fun. Plus I love the name. I wore this on my toes, and within the day I had gotten like 6 compliments.
It doesn't last as long as other brands, as it chipped on my toes within the week, but I also didn't use a topcoat.
This is definitely not my favorite nailpolish line, but this color is gorgeous and fun for a change from your everyday colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2004 8:13:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is THE best silvery polish I've EVER found, it really looks like metal on my toenails! This is also one of the few remaining "old school" Hard Candy colors that hasn't been discontinued, fortunately! Trailer Trash is a pure neutral silver color with none of the blue or yellow undertones that you get with other silver-colored polish. It goes on smoothly but is quite opaque: I use two coats but you could easily get away with just one if you wanted to, again, very different from other silvers where you have to apply coat after coat to get that metallic effect. It has a nice sparkly shimmer but it's not a glitter polish so it's easy to remove, and it holds up well to chipping and peeling. You get a lot of polish for your nine bucks and this stuff has a long shelf life as well. I love it and will definitely buy it again.