Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

3.9

New forumula(2011): Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol. Fil D46535/1.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used everything from coconut oil to expensive curl-creams and serums in my fine, dry, wavy hair, and nothing works like this serum. I have long hair, and a pump and a half works to keep my hair feeling soft and smooth--with a nice wave-- until I next shower. I have long, wavy hair and like to air-dry.

This is by far the best product I have found for my hair type and style.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A bit tricky to use, but quite effective once you figure it out. Quite simply, you need less of it than you probably think you do. It's like putting oil in your hair - if you use too much, your hair is going to be greasy. It helps to really massage it in, as well. Not so much a styling product for me as a second-line conditioner, something I use when I realize my hair is really dried out, as a tide-me-over until I have a chance to deep condition.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I <3 this stuff. This product gives me nostalgia; growing up, this was always in my cabinet and in all of my friends cabinets. Back in the day, I hated this stuff, because I didn't know how to use it. I would put waaay too much and then my hair would look greasy. But somehow this was always in my product collection as a pre-teen! Anyways, I recently picked some of this up and OMG I love it. It makes your hair shiny, not greasy, and not frizzy. I love the packaging with the lock-pump also. I have had a lot of success with Garnier products recently and this is another great one. I have tried so many serums and oils that weigh my hair down and this does not AT ALL. I have thick, wavy hair. I would recommend this product to anyone :)

I have very oily roots and very dry and frizzy ends. Quite a bummer. I bought this hoping to tame my ends a bit and lock in some moisture.

This stuff is fantastic. For the price, you really can't beat it. It's the first anti-frizz product that hasn't made my hair horribly greasy. I just massage this into my hair after a shower and once my hair dries, it feels so soft. And the best part is, I can go another two days of washing my hair and it will still feel soft. I only have to use this every three days.

It also makes my hair very shiny and healthy looking. I got a compliment from someone the other day who said my hair looked shampoo commercial worthy :) I owe it to this stuff, I'm telling ya.

It's not heavy on your hair, it's not greasy, and it's not expensive. Plus it works. What more could you ask for? Definitely an HG hair product for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay cute bellish packaging, smells nice however this only works to make your hair look heavily greasy and makes my frizz worse by poofing it out further. Will not be buying this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Looking for a no-frills serum for smoothing and shine? Look no further! This little cheapie product has been a staple since I was going to HS. It gets the job done and is readily available at the store when you run out. Although it's pretty siliconey, it doesn't have anything in it to calm frizzies, so consider using something with behentrimonium chloride-which grabs onto the most damaged parts of your hair strand, smoothing its surface-before this (or any) serum. The 'cones in this will help sealing in the conditioning ingredients after settling and drying. I almost sound like I'm writing a cheesy commercial for this product, but it really is effective for smoothing hair down. Plus, it's cheaper than most other DS alternatives (L'oreal owns most of the better DS haircare brands anyway) while being just as good. The scent is pretty good too, considering Garnier's smaller fragrance budget compared to Kerastase, Redken, etc. Give it a try!

P.S.: The lighter texture of this serum is made possible by it's first ingredient: Cyclopentasiloxane, which is a simple cyclic silicone that tends to evaporate while helping other ingredients such as dimethicone and the tiny amount of argan oil distribute properly in your hair.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My friends and I used this stuff years ago! It's great for taming any frizz, fluffiness or fly aways. I hadn't used it in so long so when I found it I decided to smell it (lol) unfortunately it doesn't have the same smell any longer, but I am sure it is still a great product!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for years and I love it! My hair is very dry so I don't like blow drying it, but air drying leaves it super frizzy (well it's frizzy either way). I usually take my showers at night, but if I have a free day and take a shower in the morning, I use some of this after I've done just a bit of towel drying, and once my hair is fully dry some hours later it's so soft and much smoother than when I don't use it. My hair goes just a few inches below my shoulders and I only need about one quarter sized pump (2 if I'm feeling like it). Might feel like it's being weighed down a little bit, but once it's dried up it feels really nice!

This is HOLY GRAIL to me! I have tried many different serums over the years - very expensive high end - you name it. This serum is different. It has a watery consistency - where the others I've tried are all thick and leave your hair feeling weighed down and sticky. This serum leaves a very clean feeling - as if you didn't put anything in it. I have very long hair so I use quite a few pumps but a little goes a long way. You get a lot of serum for the price (not like some high end where you get a little skinny tube or very small bottle). It doesn't weigh hair down - leaves hair very shiny and smooth. I have naturally wavy hair that tends to be on the dry side, especially after blow drying. I use this when I get out of the shower when my hair is just towel dried before blow drying (a bit on dry hair works wonders too). All the others left my hair feeling weighed down and dry. I would recommend this to anyone. I would be very surprised if people didn't like this compared to the higher end serums - this is the best and I will always use this. Thank you Fructis!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What is this supposed to do?! Because every time I use it, my hair ends up soft, fluffy and matte looking, which might be preferable for some, but not when you want that nice smooth silky shiny finish.

The smell is nice, I'll give it that. But after drying my hair with a round brush I expect some shine! Given the ingredients, I would think it would. And I love Argan oil. Maybe I need to use the shamp & condish too? But I'll admit, this makes me want to not try anything else from this line.

Popular Styling Products