October 31, 2014 | 857 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Aveda - Aveda Inner-Light Mineral Tinted Moisture SPF15

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by sherrrrbearrrr

I bought this tinted moisturizer to try since Aveda claims to use 85% "natural" ingredients (at least that's what the salesgirl told me). I wanted to try another tinted moisturizer since Sephora doesn't carry Bobbi Brown products anymore :( (I know, so sad). Well, this was the worst product I've ever bought in my life. It was tacky, smelled weird and to top it off - after using it for 2-3 days, I got contact dermatitis!!! I FREAKED OUT!! My entire face was covered in a rash, it was red, raised and it burned. I knew immediately it was from the Aveda product because it never happened with Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier products. I didn't wear anything on my face for a month -until the dermatitis resolved itself. Just to validate my assumption, I wore the tinted moisturizer again for one day to see if it was really the Aveda product. YUP! It definitely was! It makes me scared to buy any Aveda products now. Never again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by jpcls

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After trying about 15 different samples of tinted moisturizers I feel this one just about does what I need. A little coverage, color and dewy finish. My favorite La Mer tint was taken off the market and they have not replaced it so I had to go on a search. BB or CC creams left a matte flat finish and the ones that state they leave a dewy or luminous finish are loaded with white pearl effects and look phoney. Allergic to chemicals for sunscreen other than Titamium or Zinc I had to screen out several on that score. The light medium color Sweet Tea was perfect and I sometimes touch a little moisturizer over to leave a nice finish so this is it and I am done searching.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by NaturallyPolished

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really surprised by the amount of negative reviews for this product. I have used it for years, and it saved my skin (and my pride) at a time when my skin was a dry, flaky mess. Granted I have very dry skin, and this product probably works best for those with dry-very dry skin due to its moist finish. For me, this finish was the selling point, not something to be powdered down. I have had numerous compliments on my healthy glowing skin and I always think to myself "if they only knew how dry I really am...".

This is not a foundation so it does not provide a ton of coverage, but for a tinted moisturizer for those with very dry, sensitive skin in can't be beat. The mineral sunscreen is gentle and the coverage is even and neutral - yet sheer. This is my everyday go-to product; I only wish they carried a foundation version of this for days when I wanted a touch more coverage. I do have rosacea so on occassion I dab a tiny amount of full coverage foundation over my cheeks and blend in with a damp beauty blender to conceal unwanted redness, but otherwise this does the trick on it's own. I do apply a moisturizer on underneath however if your skin was normal to dry you would not need this. Not recommended for oily skin.

I do wish the product costed less and was in an opaque tube to protect the ingredients from sunlight, however I store it in a dark place and will continue to shell out money time and again for a product that works for me! Thank you Aveda!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by crj

This product is a very expensive way to cause a major reaction in a single use. It has a tacky skin feel and does not cover or tint the skin in any way. Pretty much a total loss in every way!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by ghostlypale

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know people find this to be tacky in feel, and I remember thinking that too, some years back, and then trying it again at a salon and finding it had changed. I've been using this for at least 2 years, in Aspen, and it really does work for me. I get very sheer, even coverage and a polished look, and most importantly, have been well protected from the sun. But when I did a huge cosmetic clean-out recently, I figured there had to be something newer and better, so I tried to find some other BB/tinted moisturizers. Now I really appreciate Inner Light. I can't use anything with chemical sunscreen, so don't have a lot of choices. Well, some made my skin so dry and flaky (ugly), one turned it orange (embarrassing), and the others had too much silicone in them, which makes my skin break out. I feel that this TM (apart from the fragrance) is a duplicate for Clinique's now discontinued Almost Makeup (same corporate owner), which was always my fallback as my favorites were discontinued or reformulated. I always liked it well enough, but didn't love it. Liking, not loving, is going to have to be good enough--I can't keep experimenting with this, my skin is unhappy! With Almost Makeup gone, Inner Light really is my best option. I bought a new tube of Aspen today. Even if it isn't the latest and greatest or loved by all, I would recommend you try the current formula for yourself if you are having trouble finding a TM with physical sunscreen that is kind to your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by golightlyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I worked at an Aveda salon for 3 years and became really partial to this tinted moisturizer and the dual foundation pressed powder. Let me start by saying that I have extremely acne-prone skin. I've never had a tinted moisturizer or foundation that doesn't break me out, and this stuff doesn't! I love it! I think it has just the right amount of coverage for a TM. I apply this all over and then set with the dual foundation pressed powder, also from Aveda. I'll probably go back to using this, but I'm searching for something that has a longer wear (although it doesn't make me oily--sometimes I develop a slight sheen on more hectic days, if I perspire or if my skin is just oilier that day--it only has, for me, a wear time of about 5 hours before it starts to wear off and my blemishes and acne scars start to show through). Overall, I will repurchase if I don't find something with more coverage and a longer wear life. Finding ANY product that doesn't break me out is a godsend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Lbuhay79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG , please DONT buy this. I used this one and this sent me to the emergency room. My face broke up into rashes and skin around my eyes were swollen. Doctor said its an allergic reaction to the chemicals in it. I thought Aveda is suppose to be all natural. They had to give me an injection of Benadryl and Prednisone. I knew it was from this bc I switched from La mer to this to just try it. This makes me afraid of any other Aveda products. I should send the company of what my face looks like now.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Really like this. I've got pretty sensitive dry-ish skin and have trouble finding foundations that don't have too much fragrance, aren't silicone heavy and don't look overly made-up. This has an impressively short ingredient list, blends well and provides just enough coverage without looking made up. I use concealer on any blemishes on top of this and I'm happy. I use Eve Lom's TLC cream underneath and this mattifies any shine from that. I also like that it's not overly fragranced, there is a slight chemical smell but it disappears as soon as you apply. Best of all, I've had no reaction or sensitivity to this and that is rare for something that delivers some sun protection. I got this during Debenham's sale so with 5 pounds off through Beauty Club points and 10% off for the event sale it was a bargain at 21 pounds.

EDIT: Changed my rating as there is something in this that broke me out eventually. Little white bumps as well as proper spots. Won't be purchasing again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by tangomaya

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a great "BB Cream" (moisture & sunscreen & tint all in one), and chose this one for 3 reasons: 1.) it has no chemical fragrance 2.) the active suncreen ingredient is known to be very effective, non-irritating, and natural. 3.) Paula Begoin put this makeup on her Beautypedia list of "best makeups available, with suncreen." She gave it a rave review on every count, and it's hard to get a rave review from Paula! SO I really wanted to love this product, but I can't say I even "like" it. The packaging is perfect, but the product... meh. On the plus side, I will say it is non-irritating and doesn't make my eyes water. And the shade "Aspen" is a very decent match to my very fair slightly golden skin tone. I also like the feel... glides on light and easy, and the very slightly "tacky" feel does not bother me. The finish, though, is just plain odd and pointless. Yes, there is somewhat of a "healthy glow" if you stretch your imagination, but in my opinion the glow is nullified by the very problematic "finish" of this product on the surface of the skin! The tint does not stay "even" across the face... at only 15 minutes after putting it on (over washed, toned, and bare skin) I noticed that the color appeared a bit "mottled" already... that is inexcusable in a high-end product, especially given that my skin is not that oily. The product does not look natural on the skin... if you look closely, you can see it sitting on top of the skin. It also accentuated my flaws, such as shallow scars, fine lines, enlarged pores... now TRUE, many makeups (even the good ones) DO accentuate those particular flaws, but "in exchange" for that, they COVER discoloration, and make your skin look even toned. This Aveda product does not do that.... it did not "even out" my skin-tone very much at all. I can already hear people saying "but it's not a foundation!... it's not supposed to cover anything." Ok... I get that... but it IS supposed to provide a sheer "evening" effect, no?... and I'm saying that it doesn't do that very well... so unless you have nearly PERFECT skin to begin with, I'm betting this will not be "enough" evening-out for you. You'd be better off just mixing a dab of your normal foundation with any facial sunscreen that agrees with you, if what you want a super-sheer application that actually proves some evening-out. In all fairness, I think the main reason I don't like this product is because I am discovering that "BB Creams" are just not the "thing" for me. I WANT to like them, because they appeal to my "minimalist" philosophy. But it seems to me that with all of these "lightly tinted" face products, you get all of the drawbacks of wearing makeup, with no actual coverage!
I'm going back to my Clinique "Even Better" makeup... I appreciate it so much more now!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

I bought this for the non chemical sunscreen (titanium dioxide) since I am sensitive to various chemical ones. Being it was tinted was a bonus. Unfortunately, I am sensitive to something else in it because my face has more red spots and bumps on it than ever after wearing it for only a week. Besides that, I don't think it is very moisturizing either. Overall a fail. Will probably throw out or give away since I doubt I will be able to return it :(