July 30, 2014 | 1896 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Absolutely Fabulous LipCream

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have this in shade 39 - unforgettable. A lovely almost black purple...

The texture is the waxiest I've ever had and had to apply on. I can't glide it smoothly on my lips. I have to use the lip brush to even it out. Or dab it on and apply lipgloss and smack in back and forth.

Wasn't worth the price. I'd be more willing to spend a fraction of it for something that's more wortgt such as MUA lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 5:20:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Still available on Ebay. These are very heavily pigmented and just a touch drying, but I love the colours. The easy way to make them wearable is to put the tiniest bit of lipgloss in the middle of your lips and then apply the lipstick over the top of it, using the lipgloss as a way of spreading the lipstick to give a better consistency. You will end up with a slight sheen, but not a glossy finish, and the lasting quality will be diminished somewhat. However if you wish, you can blot after applying which will take it back to a matt finish and increase the length of time it lasts. I don't bother doing this because I actually prefer a slight sheen.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 1:36:00 AM More reviews by SuriyaStrikesBack

Why oh why did they discontinue this? It was creamy, richly pigmented, lasted long and had a slight fruity/black cherry scent, and not to mention the packaging was lovely. But Revlon just HAD to discontinue it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2006 8:03:00 AM More reviews by ferarri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I know why this a/f lipcream is discontinued! It looks beautiful when applied but is drying. The SPF 15 cause the lipstick to spoil quickly and becomes gritty (like dead skin/rubberish grit). I thought my lipstick was full of deadskin when I saw the little grits. I used a tissued to wipe it away and then applied on my lips. My lips looked dried and gritty. Then I realised the lipstick has spoiled! 3/4 left-what a waste! This is the only Revlon lipstick that has spoiled before I finished it. I won't buy this again. Though it is discontinued overseas it is still available in K.L Malaysia. Guess they dumped it here. Our packagaing is the one is pinkish maroon with the lipstick color showing in the end clear case. Nice packaging - poor product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2006 7:58:00 PM More reviews by denisemarie

Ladies, do not despair...Absolutely Fabulous LipCreams are alive and well on ebay !! And now, they are dirt cheap. For those who love rich, creamy, "satin" lipsticks with staying power, this is your HG. Pigment rich, smooth, perfect satin finish, lasts forever. If you love MAC Satin lipsticks, these are for you. If you'd rather have a greasy mess on your lips, try the more "highly rated" other lipsticks by Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2005 1:40:00 PM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to edit my review, because after reading it I realized I am incapable of writing a review that is short and sweet and to the point! So I decided to cut it down a bit, and write about what I feel are the best qualities of this product. This is the BEST lipstick I have ever used! I haven't worn lipstick in years but my favorite site for discontinued and discounted beauty products was advertising these lipcreams for $.99 (they have been discontinued for quite some time, but select shades are still available several places online.) I figured I had nothing to lose, so I ordered 4 shades: Witty (light peachy-pink), Crave (medium rosy brown), Rumor (medium reddish pink) and Sumptuous (deep berry with slight metallic sheen). The packaging of these lipcreams is unique and gorgeous- shiny deep metallic red case with a color inset on the bottom (which is very similar to the actual lipstick color itself). The lipstick itself has a slight perfumey scent. It felt creamy and was very pigmented with just a little bit of shine. It has a slightly chalky, perfumey taste, but it wasn't bad and didn't interfere with anything I might be eating or drinking. Now for the staying power (this is where lipsticks usually end up disappointing me). Well, this lipstick lasted about 3-4 hours if I wasn't eating or drinking! It even had decent staying power through a meal-the color and shine faded evenly. I was so pleased with these lipsticks that I ordered 7 more: Swoon (medium mauve), Smoldering (deep pinkish mauve), Enticing (deep reddish brown), Persuasive (bright orange-red), Breathtaking (bright fuschia-red), Extravagant (medium rosy-pink) and Vivacious (very deep plum). My favorites are Crave and Swoon, which are the perfect neutral, your-lips-but-better shades. All in all, this is a GREAT lipstick, and I recommend getting it (if you still can), you might be pleasantly surprised!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2004 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Katras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Why do companies do that? They lure you into their web of wonder and color only to discontinue the color you love! I received this from a great swapper (I have temptress: a gorgeous deep red) and I'm so bummed they are discontinuing this product! I love it! If I dot it on my lips, it becomes a great lip-stain, lasting practically all day. At night use it full-strength for great evening vamp lips. Ah, me- I guess it's off to the 3customs color for a color match.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2004 11:25:00 AM More reviews by 8ball

I've stocked up on this stuff because it is now discontinued. I think it is perfect. Highly pigmented, long-wearing, comfortable. It doesn't dry my lips like other people complain. I use Temptress (oooh) and Enchant the most. Temptress is the perfect dark red and Enchant is the always-perfect pinky brown. I also like Cherish (nude). Sly is a Vamp-like color, too dark for me. I cannot believe they discontinued them. They're such great quality. You can still buy them at cosmeticsnmore.com (I think that's the right URL) for $1.99. If you find a color you like, buy all you can!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2004 6:04:00 PM More reviews by gonzo02468

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i like these lipsticks alot. i find the texture to be great, very smooth and creamy. and i just love the colors.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2004 11:24:00 AM More reviews by cremebrulee

The colors were really fabulous but yeow! The texture was like oil pastels (craypas). Once it smears on your skin it's hell to take out. It leaves a thick oily stain that spreads when you try to wipe it off. used mine to write messages on scratch paper instead. Will not buy again