August 21, 2014 | 2080 users online

Palettes - Smashbox - 8 pc Behind the scenes kit

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2002 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Elixir

This is my first experience with Smashbox and I am so glad I started with this kit. Not only QVC offered an unbeatable deal on this kit, the colors in this kit are so usable! I LOOOOVE the lip gloss, it's a perfect shimmery nude lip color, not too sticky (GOOD!). I also really love the blush, esp the shimmery side, I use this on top of my other blushes to add more highlights. Overall, this kit is a great buy and Smashbox products seems to be pretty good quality. I am already looking to buy more Smashbox products!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2002 2:45:00 AM More reviews by SpaIndex

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first Smashbox purchase, and my first QVC purchase. I wasn't that impressed at all and have to remind myself that just because I see a makeup artist work wonders, it doesn't mean I can. In any case, the eyeshadows were just sort blah, and made my blue eyes look a little red (I have auburn hair) like I'd been rubbing them. The pencil for eyes is not dramatic enough to be noticeable, and doesn't glide on easily. It sits unused. The antishine is okay, but nothing special. The mascara was a horrid mess, coming out in thick globs and being so wet it got in my eyes. They sent the wrong color foundation stick, so I never tried that. The lipgloss was a nice surprise. I don't like wet looking lip gloss, but I have to say, the texture and moisturizing qualities of the gloss was by far the best bet, and the color is faint and pretty during the day. The ultraviolet skintint is okay on lips and cheeks, I'd never use it on my eyes, but it's not a color for me. I was disappointed in the entire kit. The upside, I returned the foundation and the mascara and asked for replacements -- after a month and no replacement, I called and they said they were out (then why are they selling them everynight to new buyers???), so they refunded the entire purchase price, and I have the remaining items. All in all, I'd have to say Smashbox was not worth the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2001 4:49:00 PM More reviews by maybaline

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

took this kit to las vegas last week and it worked fab. maybe because it is so dry out there. i use the stick foundation to spot trouble areas, eyes, freckles, around nose and as lip & eye primer.when i followed the PM directions for the application of the kit, i got so many double takes from people everywhere i went....winner!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2001 3:09:00 PM More reviews by KioraNZ

I was hoping to like everything in this kit ... but to no avail. The new compact Anti-Shine is horrible ... it leaves a greasy mess on your face. The mascara is extremely runny. Skintint is awesome ... great color. Lipgloss is average and is a good color for me. I rarely use eyeshadow or liner so I haven't tried these out. A fair value.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2001 11:34:00 PM More reviews by skymom

Like the other reviewers, I was disappointed in this set from Smashbox. I normally love everything from Smashbox, and couldn't believe that this set was so disappointing. The foundation stick was very oily, and didn't provide much coverage, the lipgloss was a yucky pink color, the mascara below average, and the eyeshadows nothing special. The cheek tint was the best part, but not worth the price. Too bad!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2001 11:17:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

I too was disappointed with the 8 piece kit from QVC. I thought the Anti Shine did nothing. The eyeshadows which are nice, but same colors everyone has. The Skin tint was by far my favorite item and I will get one of these in the future. The lip gloss, although nice was not my color. I found the double ended pencil to do nothing for me, the bronze color looked horrid on me and the gold was just kinda there. I found the mascara to be nice as well but overall the kit was not worth the $50 for me, I just didnt LOVE it! But do not get me wrong, Smashbox makes excellent products!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2001 9:02:00 PM More reviews by joanie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This came with the anti shine compact= not that great IMO, gloss that was more pink than red, liner duo= pretty but you could find a cheaper double, mascara= I didn't try, foundation stick= has mineral oil in it so it was waaay creamy and slippery, face tint stick= pretty color, but also has mineral oil in it...2 neutral e/s that were ordinary...jane has these and are much cheaper. The packaging was nice, I got it for the QVC TSV, but returned it....