December 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Fragrances - PS Design

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a powerhouse! Very sweet gardenia and tuberose together in a formula that announces your presence before you arrive. It's great. The only way I've found to apply this is with two sprays on a q-tip and then applied to my arms and back of the neck. Then it will last 4-5 hours with acceptable sillage. This is a fragrance that if sprayed, can bloom and become out of control, so be careful. I really like it but I think it's a love or hate type of thing. Some people have said online that it smells just like Aussie hair products, very grapey. Cheap, can be found at T.j. Maxx for under 15 dollars for 1.7 oz.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

I wore the crap out of this when I was in my early 20's. It seemed like all of my girlfriends had it. Wherever we went there was always a little cloud of design following us. It's a really feminine girly scent. Clean and sweet. Not bad but I don't think I'd ever wear it again. It can be purchased online really cheaply though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The other day at work, a new dental assistant walked by me and I picked up that she was wearing a light, slightly sweet floral. "What are you wearing?"..I had to ask, the perfume-aholic in me must know. "Design..the body lotion," she replied. "Design??"..I never would have guessed that one. Back in 1989, when I was a sophomore in college, my roommate was a loyal "Design" wearer. She also adored "Knowing" and "Beautiful", both by Estee Lauder, but heck, it was the 1980s and there weren't a gazilion scents to choose from like today. Heck, I wore, "Forever Krystal", a scent inspired by the nighttime soap opera, "Dynasty", so who was I to judge? Anyhow, I stopped by "Perfumania" in my local mall and asked about "Design." It seems it's no longer available in Macys and other department stores. The SA spritzed a bit on my wrist. The scent lingered so if you are looking for longevity you've found it. But after much contemplation, I am not going to have an "80s Flashback." There is an annoying quality for me with "Design." If you are looking for a light floral, please consider Chanel Eau Tender. More expensive but well worth it's subtlety.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best fragrance I've ever owned. I purchased my 1st bottle in 2004(ish?) after noticing how well a co-worker smelled, asked what she was wearing & she said "Design, I got it at WalMart" -I'd never even heard of Design before, and when I went to WalMart (that same day after work Lol ;D) I looked at the bottle and it didn't have any flare to it, nothing special that makes it *pop* out at you, but believe me, the scent will make you a understand why they don't need any fancy packaging! I paid right around $35 for this. For some, $35 may seem expensive, for others, may seem inexpensive. For me, I feel it's a reasonable price, and even if it were more, I'd still make the investment :)
I immediately fell in love w/Design the first time I wore this, and I continue to love it every time I wear it! Design literally lasts for DAYS w/out even wearing off the slightest bit! I'll take my laundry down to the basement and smell Design on my clothing from a week ago! This scent has no kind of flowery or candy smell to it, but it's not a fresh, clean laundry kind of smell either...kind of musky but with some umph and depth to it. -To keep it simple I'll describe it as *very* intriguing & sexy ;) I've gotten more compliments wearing Design than ALL other perfumes put together in my 30yr old lifetime, and it only takes 1-2spritzes to last all day, so a full size bottle lasts years (literally). I purchased my 1st in '04 and did not run out and need to repurchase until sometime in 2008, which is the same bottle I'm still working on now, in 2012. (and I'm about 3/4 empty!) Luckily this is *not* one of those perfumes that smell different when theyre brand new vs. when they sit for a while-which is great because Design lasts! From time to time I try out other things, but I always come running back.The unbelievable scent paired with the incredible lasting power and this is an A+ product. I'll continue to repurchase and highly reccomend for anyone looking for a beautiful, reasonably priced, easy to find perfume, or even someone who is sick of every fragrance wearing off an hour after application. 5 lippies all the way for Design!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by toniguerrero

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently purchased Design PS, it smells really pretty and seems to be long lasting no compliments on it yet, which is the real way to know if it smells nice on. Does anyone know the what the difference is between Design and Design PS?

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by bohi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a sample based on all the good reviews here on MUA. Unfortunatelly it does not work for me. All I get is a slightly flower-scented talk powder which has been forgotten in an old drawer for the last 50 years. No go.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by WenChriste

I love this perfume. I guess it was introduced in '85 but I've never seen it nor smelled it before. My friend had it on and I absolutely LOVED it. I bought it at a store similar to Wal-Mart for around $35. I've heard some people don't like it on them, but whenever I've worn it, I get nothing but compliments. Buy a small version if you are unsure about it. You can generally buy a tiny bottle at Wal-Mart etc. As for me, it proudly sits next to my other more expensive perfumes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by aries1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this perfume when I smelled it on my co worker and it smelt heavenly. I guess it didn't go with my body chemistry to well because it started to smell like old lady perfume on me. I gave it to her. I do love the smell of this perfume however just not on myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 6:55:00 PM More reviews by hownowbrownmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolute FAVORITE fragerance of all time. Holy Grail of colognes. I love this scent, always get compliments, will buy forever. This brings back wonderful memories.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2004 3:47:00 AM More reviews by lipstik

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this back in college and have since re-discovered it! It is one of the best fragrances ever made -- so soft and guaranteed to get compliments! Everyone who has smelled this on me has commented that it smelled SOOOOOO good! Will continue to buy this forever!