December 22, 2014 | 1740 users online

Powder - Geografx mineral foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2006 5:18:00 PM More reviews by xxcatwingxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my tried-and-true mineral foundation. The coverage is light to medium and buildable as others have already said, with a very natural finish (neither chalky-matte like Cory nor 'shiney' like BE). I did deduct half a point for the fact that they do not have many color choices, especially for neutral skintones. I actually have a cool (PPP) skintone but their cool shades are a bit artificially pastel pink so i mix a bit of the pale pink with a 90% base of the pale ivory shade to cut the golden undertones in the ivory and it's fine, it comes out a very neutral/cool pale beige which is perfect for my skintone. Kimberly in customer service is wonderful and once you find your color blend (you can get samples beforehand for like $2) she will custom-blend them for you. The other half-point was deducted because loose minerals are so messy and don't travel well but oh well that's a small price for having something that is that much better for your skin. I have very sensitive combo skin prone to breakout with the wrong products, have been using this powder for 2 years now and have never had a single problem. If they added more colors and made a portable pressed form of this powder, it would be my absolute HG. Highly recommend! :):):)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2006 8:07:00 PM More reviews by goodee2shoes

Gfx foundation is one of my faves after testing out several other brands of loose mineral foundation (BE, Aromaleigh, B101, Monave, Cory). There aren't quite as many color options as some other lines, but I was able to find a shade that works. Medium/buildable coverage. The finish is not matte, nor is it shimmery. It's more of a natural skin finish - just right IMO. My skin is combination but my t-zone is oily, esp in Summer. This MMU wears well with minimal breakthrough. No trouble with breakouts after several months of daily wear. The selection of colors for eyes, lips, cheeks, etc. is huge! I will be repurchasing again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2005 7:39:00 AM More reviews by missiejoy

Just wanted to add my 2 cents since this is definitely not scratchy at all for me!! I actually like the way how it feels a lot. It´s just not enough coverage for my personla taste sometimes but when I need a little less coverage this is perfect. Only found my perfect colour for winter, though, so I will stick with other brands like Pure Luxe..... But definetely worth a try if you´re looking for light to medium coverage!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2004 4:13:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I found this mineral foundation scratchy on my super sensitive skin. Coverage was good but I didn't find that it lasted through a workout(my personal MMU test). Price was decent and shipping was fairly fast. Just didn't make my supersensitive N/D rosacea as happy as other brands.