November 23, 2014 | 1115 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bleaah what the heck did they put in this cr@ppy perfume?? It gives me headaches and nausea. Nothing special about it. Expensive also. Not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Fogdew

No 5 for me is the epitome of perfection. I cant understand it. Its just so sparkling, so elaborate. It's like the shine of a star, its pure light. I often wonder how the shape of the bottle and the color of it perfectly matches the brilliance of the scent.
No5 makes me feel as if everything is ok, as if theres a good ending to all stories, and nothing can ever go wrong. To me it's how God smells.
I wonder if No5 is like the color white, like when you put together all colors, you get white. Maybe if I put together all my favorite smells of the world, it will smell of No5. Only No5 is not white, it's gold, which is the perfect combination to white.
My only problem with it is that it lasts nothing on my skin (review for the edt). I'm trying to solve this by byuing the parfum, if everything goes right I'll have miser 7,5 mL by the end of the year, for Christmas. I'll come back and write about it later! Hope my sister gets it wrong and buys the 30mL.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by reeny417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It took me years to purchase and appreciate this wonderful fragrance. I started sampling No 5 in my early thirties, and it wasn't until 34 that I really started to appreciate this. I never thought that this ever smelled old lady, but I could see how it might be too "mature" smelling for some, or possibly outdated. I do think that my body chemistry and tastes have changed, because anything marketed to 20 somethings or even early 30 somethings does nothing for me anymore, or just smells "off" when I'm wearing it. Even the younger Chanel fragrances like Coco Mademoiselle and Chance are too "young" smelling for me.

I recently stopped wearing any modern fragrances for several reasons. First, longevity is terrible for most fragrances made within the last ten to fifteen years. Second, many of the modern ones are all too common smelling. Thirdly, the classics became classics for a reason. They really do have a timeless appeal to them.

Back to No 5, I wear the EDP. I haven't tried the EDT yet. The EDP is a complex, sophisticated, luxurious smelling perfume on me. This smells powdery on me, but also has other notes to balance it out. It doesn't smell like one note more than another--the formula blends perfectly. This is pure class, elegance, sophistication. I do use a light hand when spraying this, just so it wears close to me, so I'm able to pull this off as an office perfume. I can see how over spraying any perfume just ruins it. Less is more with this one. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way and I probably end up spending less money being that I don't have to use a lot.

Falling in love with No 5.....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by 860Diamond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I need to make something very clear. Unlike most fragrances that only vary the strength between the Eau de Parfum and Eau de Toilette, Chanel actually varies the notes in each strength. The Eau de Toilette version is a much sharper and harsher version. The Eau de Parfum is a much softer and more well rounded fragrance. It is absolutely lovely. That being said, it is definitely a fragrance for a women over 35. It doesn't smell old lady but it is very much a mature scent and I don't think it would work right on an 18 year old woman.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by xade

I tried this perfume because my grandma gave it to me. Smelled just like her. I mean, it's not like it smells bad I just associate that smell with her. Maybe it's too.. sophisticated for my tastes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by xtrasweetwifeyx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

gives me nausea. The only chanel frangrances I like are chanel chance(pink,green). That's pretty much it. The rest are grandma alert.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

Why does everyone love this perfume so much? I lived in France for about a year and took a class on art and my teacher was French, and she said that she disliked this perfume and found it much too strong. I have always disliked the fragrance ever since I was a young girl, but to hear it from an actual French person...well, I was happy to be free to speak my mind about it. First of all, it smells like an old lady who spilled bad wine all over herself, but never cleaned it all off. Secondly, perfume doesn't come cheap if you buy a genuine bottle of it from a designer. And Chanel ain't cheap. Third... don't believe the hype and just buy it. Smell it for yourself because I knew some people who actually like it, but it's their choice. It didn't work for me, but it must work for someone else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Esmay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Child Alert! Don't try this if you are one.

26 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

Grandma alert! So disgusting. I don't care how iconic this is; it's overpowering and reeks!! I get nauseous just smelling the sprayer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jen5276

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried to wear this when I was in my early 20s...and it just didn't work for me at the time...I LOVED the scent, but felt it just didn't sit right with my body chemistry..My boyfriend purchased this for me recently, and I just love it now! Normally, I can't wear florals, but this one works for me...just smells rich and classy. My new favorite.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No