September 2, 2014 | 1861 users online

Pressed Powders - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin pressed powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is not luxurious even for drugstore, but it's reliable. It's virtues are coverage (not alone), but when redness is really showing or the shade is off, this will help. It will also dampen shine. I am not oily, but I get spf shine or glaze issues. The downside is that it can look caked if you are not careful. A huge upside is it has spf and is an easy way to refresh your spf. It's not an ideal setting poweder, if you want something light or sheer. Good if you have things to hide, shades to adjust. I got it when I got the liquid foundation. I don't wear them both together, but I am happy to have both in my drawers.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by spontmercy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like it! I bought it in "Fair" strictly for the purpose of touching up my oil slick, I mean my T-Zone, around lunch time, and I've been happy so far. It covers pretty decently, more than I expected, enough that I could probably use it as a sheer-coverage foundation on days when my skin's looking really good (as it is, I'm using it over Estee Lauder's Equalizer). I've been using it every day for a week now with good results and no breakouts - and my skin is really picky!

It comes with a little cottony pad for application, which isn't bad for my purposes, though if I did ever want to use it all over I'd probably want to use a brush. The packaging is nice - just flip up the powder palette and the applicator is there under it, along with a mirror.

It's a little on the expensive side for drugstore brands, as Neutrogena generally is, but if you get it on sale, the price can be nice.

Overall a good, solid product. I'll update if I ever use it as a foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by eunoia93

I've been using this powder for a few months now and I'd say for my needs it's pretty good.

Awhile ago I kind of gave up on "perfect skin" because I was driving myself crazy over every imperfection on my face. My skin has come along way since my more pubescent days but I still get a few breakouts around that time of the month, and still have some bits of discoloration from scarring, as well as a little bit of redness that comes and goes. I have combination skin (oily tzone).

I use this foundation to "even out" my complexion. If I only use this you can still see some of my spots and redness but my skin looks much better overall with this on. It has a soft matte finish (not cakey), and is very nicely milled IMO, pretty buttery feeling. If you are not a stickler for coverage and want something light I think wearing just this has decent staying power and hasn't broken me out. The SPF is a great plus. This is what I've been doing for the summer.

I've also worn this over bb creams and foundations and it works well like that too. Again, it gives a soft matte finish without being cakey at all. I apply this with a stippling motion with a kabuki brush. Would buy this again but the only reason I might not is because I'm holding out for something that will match my skin tone a wee bit better.. this is passable but I have yellow undertone skin and none of these shades seem very yellow... more "tan" vs. not tan.

Packaging:
Although I think it's good that the mirror won't get powder all over it because it's on the other side.. it's kind of hard to apply on the go if you have to keep flipping it up and down and there's no "lock" for it. So if you have it open it will flop around.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by virginblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is honestly one of the worst powders I have ever used. I have bought this on two separate occasions as an alternative to Neutrogena's skin clearing pressed powder thinking it would mask the dry patches on my skin better. WRONG. It made my skin look cakey and settled into my pores, making them look huge with the extra bonus of clogging them. While it looked dry, it also seemed to make my skin oilier, a really disgusting-looking combination. It works much better with a tinted moisturizer than a foundation, but I absolutely hated it either way. Will never purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by 1017

This compact has replaced TWO different products for me. First, it replaces my MAC Sheer Select as far as a pressed powder that has a touch of color. Second, it replaces my very hard to travel with, but brilliant idea Jane Iredale Powder Me Up (Powder SPF). I thought even as winter is here I would pull this out of my purse, but nope. If I feel the sun beating down on me in my car, I grab this out of my purse, dust it over my face and instant coverage. I always have to have it with me in the warmer months...just to help keep SPF coverage up when you have make up already on.

This does not take the place of my setting powder (MAC Prep & Prime Translucent Pressed Powder) but when I am out and about...I always have this and a mini kabuki brush with me to dust it on. If it matters, I am MAC NW20 with dry, sensitive skin (no breakouts or irritations from this either BTW).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by tle1011

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I rarely write reviews, so if I've written one, it means I feel strongly about a product. This powder is amazing! I have terrible skin from acne scarring as a teen and this, combined with my Mary Kay Timewise Foundation, makes my skin look almost flawless. As a test, just blotted my oily areas with a blotting paper and there was hardly any oil on the paper. The finish is beautiful and the coverage is great. I use the darkest shade; since I've gotten older I've become more dark-complected, and even the darkest shade is still light enough not to make me look like a tanned freak! As far as I'm concerned, I will never buy any other powder to set my makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by 1Dluver613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

very heavy coverage. great packaging!!!! it helps prevent shine and creates a good finish.

CONS: doesnt last all day, low coverage, has a grey complexion

TIPS: apply in soft, stroking motions.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Pnutbuttrpanda

I am in love with this powder! It eliminates redness well and evens out skin tone as well. It's practically a powder foundation. I use shade light to medium. I think this powder is a bit on the pricy side(as drugstore powders go) but I think that it's well worth it. It is easy to over apply this product(but it's nothing you can't knock off with a powder brush). The packaging isn't too pretty, but it's but it's built relatively sturdily(and there is a mirror). All and all I think this is a fantastic product so give it a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by dawlface123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this product; however, like any product, there are definitely a couple cons.
CONS:
-Does NOT come with a brush OR mirror, but instead comes with a circular sponge...When using sponge I noticed that it was very focused in one area and had none in the rest....where it was focused it was FAR too much coverage and looked cakey
-Pricey, or at least in my opinion, especially for what I get...no mirror or proper brush...

PROS:
-When applied with a normal make up brush, goes on well with minimal coverage but enough so to complete a look
-Takes away shine well

Overall, this product is definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Smilygirl008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product I would buy it again. The only things I hated about it was the packaging because it didn't come with a powder brush or a mirror. I also thought it was a little expensive but it is mineral powder and spf 20 so it is ok. I used it in fair it blended perfectly on my face and when I had a red mark from sleeping on my shoulder it covered that up too. I love Neutrogena a lot. It is my favorite brand becides Maybelline but now I am tied with liking them between the pressed powder and maybellines plush mascara. Come up with better things Neutrogena and I will like you better than maybelline!! I wont be repurchising because I want to try more makeups.