October 2, 2014 | 970 users online

Treatments (Face) - Shiseido - Shiseido Pureness Pore Minimising Cooling Essence

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this hoping to help with the tons of blackheads I have on my nose. This does make my nose a bit scaley but it isn't to bad. Personally when I use this, I don't see anything good or bad going on. I don't use this during the day because I don't want my skin to get rough while I'm at school.
This is one of those products that just makes me shrug my shoulders at it. I spent $17 on it at Marshals and it doesn't make me mad that this didn't work out. I won't throw this out though since I don't see it causing any problems with my blackheads. So if you are planning on getting this, I recommend getting a sample if you can to see if it benefits you before you fork out a lot of money for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Annaksza

It feels really good. The smell is sort of pleasant, sort of not. But more on the pleasant side. I love the way it feels on skin. It sort of minimizes pores but not dramatically. I could do without this product, really. Especially since the less stuff you put on your face, the better. I'd rather just use a thorough, regular moisturizer before makeup. This does not moisturize well enough if you plan on using powder makeup. I have to use a second moisturizer, which is why I'd rather just cut an inessential one out. Which would be this product. Before I cut it out, I minimized use by using it only on t-zone which I like way better (rather than an overall moisturizer).

I love how it feels, just wish it moisturized better. It's for maybe more oily skin, because it leaves a bit of matty-ness, rather than combination (unless applied only to trouble zones) or dry. My pores aren't massive but they can use minimizing. This probably makes a big difference in someone with really big pores they can actually be a little self-conscious about...like, if it's actually one of your top three concerns, this is your product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by DarkMia1

from this product my face get scaly,but for my extremely large pores it works perfect,after couple of days you can't even see them!I have combinated skin,so I need to use good moisturizer and then I'l have no problems!This is expensive but I highly recommend it becouse nothing else worked for me like this product :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if it helped to clear out my pores or not, but I do know that my pores appear more obvious and larger nowadays. Not good. And it would sometimes make my skin irritated and tender in patches. My conclusion is that either it did nothing or it did worse, but it definitely didn't minimise. I think it sometimes clogged up my pores too if I wore it before sleeping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

right now, i have only small pores that is only visible if you look at me close up. this thing actually works! another first doubtful impression but slowly after 3 days i can see difference. it has minimize little of my pores by getting all the stuff out for me to clean when doing facial. i think this is more of a slow phase, so i would recommend it to anyone who has patience. for price i think its somewhat fair coz u dont really need to apply much of it, coz its mainly for ur nose/cheek, between ur eyebrows or chin. what i find it annoying is that this thing has to lie down instead of stand up, the top of the tube is round so it cant stand properly for me to put it on my dressing table but thats just the package :P

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Ninaleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product did absolutely nothing for me, at all, whatsoever. It didn't sting,... but it didn't fix anything at all. If anything, my skin looked worse after a few weeks of using it. I've finally used it all up and will NOT be repurchasing it. I like high-end products... but for some reason, Avon seems to be the only line that works for me, and I will be going back to that. Their Anew Flash facial works so much better than this.

For reference purposes... I am 33 and have sensitive, oily skin with the occasional breakouts. About an hour after I do my makeup, I look like I stuck my head in a frying pan. This product didn't do anything to help that, either.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2010 5:41:00 AM More reviews by jellocream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This cream is really like a moisturizer. It feels cool and smooth when I apply it. Under makeup it might minimize the pores a little, but it doesn't control any oil! if I apply it night time I will wake up just super shiny and oily where I have put this cream on and my pores are huge!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by skylinejewel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does absolutely nothing for me. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by icesiren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'll be honest, I had no idea what the point of this product was when I first got it, but hey the best guinea pig is yourself, right? I was told that I should use it by my bf's mom who works behind the counter and I assumed it was because I was wearing one of my suncreens that works well, but makes my pores stand out. I also knew I had a lot of debris clogging my pores, so I figured what the heck. I've used it twice a day for about a month and half and I've had a pleasant experience with it.

Shiseido's product description:

This silky smooth cooling essence reduces the appearance of pores and visibly smoothes skin texture. Formulated with Pore Targeting Complex* to help prevent pore-enlarging effects of oil buildup. Maintains skin's natural turnover for a refined look and less noticeable pores. Tightens pores with a comfortable cooling sensation. Absorbs excess oil to help prevent the appearance of imperfections.

I followed directions and used it twice a day and the first week I noticed that the debris in my pores started to make a mass exodus and that my skin did not feel smooth after washing with the Clarisonic. I kept having to scrub my face with a rag afterwards and I noticed that that would pull the little pore plugs out and leave a tiny holes, noticable especially on my nose. I'd fill those in with the cooling essence and go about my day. After a few weeks of use, I stopped having to use a rag, but I still didn't see much much difference in pore size. Flash forward a few more weeks and I've marveled at the reduction. They are still there, but you can tell that they are smaller because there is no crap lurking on the inside. If I do develop any blackheads now, they remove very easily. Sorry this is so gross, but it's made my pores less gross which has made a difference in the appearance of my skin. A great product that I didn't even know I needed!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by jonny4

I have a sample of this and have been using it for a week. IT does cosmetically minimize pores with silicone and control oil to a certain extent. An average product at best. Shiseido decided to add moisturizing properties to this and I don't understand why as it somewhat defeats the purpose of oil control. The Shiseido Men line has a similar product called the Anti Shine Refresher Gel and it works much better than this one as it has no moisturizing properties whatsoever and its only job is to minimize pores and control oil. The only drawback is that is more expensive than this one but comes in the same size.