Bath and Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla Lotion

4.1

on 1/15/2015 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell of this lotion a lot. Unfortunately, this along with all of the other Bath n Body Works products are not moisturizing at all. I guess it's all the alcohol in it from the scent. I can put this on and thirty minutes later, my elbows, arms and legs are ashier than ever. As much as I love hoarding Bath n Body Works products, I'm going to stop buying from there because it's horribly expensive and they are too drying for my skin. Especially now since they're trying to be some kind of high end perfume shop. Not into all those layered heavy fragrances.

on 12/30/2014 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Somex a lotion smells the best out of a line up of products (body spritzettes, lotion, cremè, bodywash et al), & I firmly believe the lotion of this scent is the best product. I kno some1 who had it in their bathroom so I had to run out & buy it after I tried it at their house of course & while it's not my fave B&BW scent, I do like it coz I dig anything w vanilla in it. This is not equal parts Berry & vanilla. The Berry is more prominent than the vanilla unfortunately, they should have made it more vanilla-y! This is a subtle classy scent, typical B&BW type fruity sweet scent, nothing earth shattering or new, but it deserves its rightful place in my collection (what little is remaining of it in its bottle! This is old), but it's still got merit & is good & my old bottle is still going strong if nothing else becoming a little more potent as it ages. This seems like a summer scent to me. It's a beautifully done mix of Berry & vanilla & those who have an aversion to flat out plain vanilla as being too boring or too ordinary will appreciate the mild complexity of this scent.

on 7/25/2014 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Found my first miracle. Something that works on my bad eczema on my shins. From shea butter to coconut oil to Cetaphil to A-Derma to La Roche Posay, nothing helped. But this made it go away. I found the smell of this a bit too strong, especially the raspberry part, but it does the job. My favorite scent is Secret Wonderland, which I am hoarding a few bottles of. They all seem to work for me. I just have to make sure I slather on the lotion at least 3 times a day.

on 3/26/2014 4:25:00 PM

I have loved this since it came out. Always have bought it. Always will. It is a warm blackberry vanilla fragrance that is comforting without being over powering. Men love this scent. It is still available online. As mentioned before, ordering is a pain but well worth it.

on 7/14/2013 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Black Raspberry Vanilla is my go-to berry scent... what I wear when I want to feel pretty on a casual day, but it can certainly be dressed up. I have TONS of fragrances, but this is one of my favorites and has been since it came out. It's just very soft and subtle. I use the lotion and layer it with the uber-hard-to-find EDT, and it lasts ALL day. It's a little tart at first, but quickly fades into a soft, raspberry-blackberry scent. The vanilla I think is what is key though for making it realy unique.

on 6/27/2013 1:15:00 AM

This is another one of my favorite scents from Bath & Body works. Currently it is available online and if you are lucky enough during their semi annual sale ("SAS"). I find that it's a nice scent for spring/summer. It's a sweet scent that's not too overpowering. You can smell the raspberry with a hint of vanilla. I have used this as a lotion, shower gel, and spray.

If you can, grab it during the SAS for great deals or online. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this scent for fall and winter especially. The predominant notes I smell are currant and raspberry, with a hint of vanilla. To me it smells exactly like Midnight Pomegranate, but without the incense of MP. The currant gives it a sharpness that keeps it from being too sweet. It also provides a bit of depth. This was a staple for me during the colder months this year, and I'm sorry to hear that it is no longer in stores (though at the writing of this review it is still available online at BBW.com) because it seems like this scent would be a crowd pleaser. But if you can get your hands on it, I would recommend it!

on 10/10/2012 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

This review is for the tripple moisture body cream.
I love the smell, the lotion moisturizes my skin better than anything ever has. Its unfortunate they dont carry this in stores anymore, it seems to be really popular. Ordering it online is a pain but worth it

on 8/10/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This scent is absolutely yummy. It's dark and fruity but not cloying; I can also smell some musk. I'd say this is great for nighttime; I'm just really saddened that BBW only sells this scent online now.

on 6/29/2012 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this scent. I'm not in love with it, but I really do like it. I don"t think I have ever had a scent quite like this. Anyways, this scent has sort of a dark quality to it if you know what I mean. The berry scent in this is not a light and juicy one, but more of a deep and heavy (but not too heavy) yet sweet type of berry, which I assume is why they called it "black raspberry". It also has a sort of effervescent type of quality to it, but it's very subtle, kind of masked by the berry notes. Overall, a very nice scent.

Top Rated Bath and Body Works Products