September 1, 2014 | 2063 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expertwear Eyeshadow duo "Irish Mist"

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This duo is not very pigmented I had to scrape to get the color to show and to make matters worse I accidentally dropped it and it shattered completely. I will never purchase these again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

All in all not bad for the money I would only use the deep forest green it's a great dupe for MAC humid - the other shade is almost an aqua iridescent green shimmer if you pair it with a deep brown you will get MAC Club. I prefer slightly more subdued greens with less shimmer but if you are wanting dupes of these this is a great deal.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think green eyeshadows suit me. AT ALL. Plus I think I'm best to stick with other brands also because maybelline let me down on this. All of maybellines e/s are never pigmented and just so streaky and messy looking. This was something I bought like 5 years ago and I threw it out this year when I did a massive makeup clean up but within the years I had it I only wore it probably lucky if maybe 5 times like it was really THAT bad. I thought green eyes would look cool but no it looked crazy if you can pull it off go for it but try a differnt brands greens because this is just so crappy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I wouldn't exactly expect a ton from this shadow, seeing as Maybelline isn't exactly the King of Eyeshadows. However, it is a decent one. The colors aren't the most practical, you gotta be careful about that. The pigmentation of these isn't the best; they mostly stick to my brush whenever I try to put these eyeshadows on. The amount that I do manage to put on does have an amazing metallic reflect to them- almost golden in a way which is very flattering. They don't blend very well, honestly, and have the chalky consistency of most Maybelline shadows (not the quads, tho, those are awesome). They have okay longetivity and are very reasonably priced, plus you get a ton of product when you buy a duo. So if you are looking for the most basic eyeshadow, this is it. It's nothing that is really extraordinary, so this duo deserves a neutral 3.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

For the $1 price @ big lots yes I would buy this again. This forest green /dark emerald green shimmer is beautiful. I dabbed on a light coating of MK eye primer then used a sponge tip applicator to apply this dark green to my lids. I actually did two layers because it does behave like a cheap eyeshadow. Not super pigmented but will show up evenly with 2 layers. The light sheer mint green is just okay. It has a neat color shift quality to it but I think in the future I will skip that shade and pair the dark emerald green shimmer with other light cream colors. Overall I do like this eyeshadow especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeshadow. The darker color is a beautiful forest green that is very versatile and matte. And I LOVE the shimmery light green. It comes out even prettier than it looks in the pan. Its not glittery, just shiny. It would look pretty on almost any skin tone. It's so cheap. It's smooth and goes on and stays on well, but it's easy to remove. So worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by paycrock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i like these good color payoff but nothing beautiful or special but i like that one is matte and one is shimmery. i paid $1 at big lots for this and it came w/ 2 dark brown eye/brow liners. nice neutral green palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by HuntersMommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really surprised at the low reviews. I am in love with the light green shade. Its soooo pretty and I think it shows up really well. Its almost metallic-y, its so shimmery. The dark green is an olive-y almost forest green and it takes a little bit more work to show up and blend. The dark part of this isn't all that special, I wish they would make the light one all on its own. The staying power is pretty good, I do have oily eyelids and it wasn't too bad. I do have to be careful how I blend as it can get messy if I'm not careful. If they made the light green on its own, I would buy that and not this duo, but I'll buy this again if I have to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really like this duo. its more like an emerald and minty green duo. the mint is so pretty as a highlighter for the eyes. i didnt have any prob w/ streaking or fading,and i have oily lids! id deff buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Mlssstaun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous colors that look like the inside (pale green) and outside (rich dark green) of a lime. Nice shimmer too. Unfortunately, the color cakes and streaks when you apply it and it doesn't last. Too bad ...