Pevonia Botanica Phyto-gel cleanser

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has to be my favorite cleanser. Light, fresh scent, A beautiful, rich lather that effectively cleans oils, mineral sunscreens/makeup, and doesn't leave your skin feeling like it's been stripped. No residue. pH balanced. Perfect with my clarisonic brush. Haven't found anything I like more than this! Even the men love it!

on 7/24/2012 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely adore this cleanser! It cleans my face soo well, it smells great and it lathers very well with a bit of water. I have acne prone skin so I need something with acne medication in it, and since this cleanser does not I dont use it daily. This is a great cleanser for people with normal to oily skin, but not acne prone. It won't cause breakouts but it doesn't prevent and treat them. I use this when randomly needing to wash my face in the middle of the day, or if I'm wearing a lot of makeup I use this before my acne cleanser to help remove everything since it cleans really well. I would definitely give this a try if you're still searching for a great cleanser.

on 12/4/2011 11:03:00 AM

I have no idea what the purpose of this product is, but I decided to try it after seeing it sitting in the bathroom cabinet. (haha, obviously I am not the one who owns it)

This thing saved my skin. I've been having really bad break outs and bumps all over my face as of the last 6 months and I was going crazy trying to figure out what was making it happen. I don't have to freak out anymore because this item corrected it for me. Not only that, I never knew how skin could feel 'good' after a wash until now.

I'm going to now invest in some other pevonia products to see if I continue to get awesome results.

(I see everyone says to avoid this if you don't have oily skin. That's super weird because my skin is dry and that has cleared up as well since I've used this product. However, I think what drys out my skin is the water in our house so it really does correct water issues if any)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

have tried this cleanser a couple times in different times of my life, overall, it is just OKAY. doesnt control my oil, but doesnt break me out. i love how its free of many chemicals, etc which is a plus. pevonia is a very high end brand with good quality, but, still looking for my favorite cleanser.

on 4/11/2010 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this product for a few weeks now and here are my pros and cons.

-love the sophisticated scent
-cleans the skin of make-up and oils really well without that "stripped of the last bit of moisture" dry and tight feeling like cleansers can.
-lathers well
-lasts, as only a little amount is needed for a thorough cleanse

-no on-going effect on my skin oil levels
-Dislike the pump as it squirts tiny little bits out and then tends the product to slide under the pump and that feels like a bit of a waste
-very expensive (around $AU80). If I'm paying that kind of money for a cleanser, I expect a bit more than just great cleansing, also expect some on-going benefits.

on 7/1/2009 8:01:00 PM

This product's smell is really strong to me. It smells like a man's cologne in my opinion-- musky in a way. The consistency was all right, and it did leave my skin feeling clean and fresh. I also didn't like the pump because not much product came out in one pump. Needless to say, I am trying to use it up so I can purchase a cleanser I like better. I feel a cheaper cleanser would work just as well or even better than this product even if this product is purely organic.

on 5/7/2009 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is nice gentle cleanser that I tend to use in the morning. I'm not sure if it actually helps keep my face matte throughout the day. I haven't noticed any drastic difference. Even though I like it fine, I don't think it's something I can't live without. It's kind of pricey for something that I can't really see a difference with.

on 7/26/2008 8:20:00 PM

This cleanser is probably best suited to oilier skin types as on my combination skin, I found it just a tad too drying. That being said, it does cleanse beautifully. All you need is a tiny squirt (about the size of a pea) mixed with alot of water and it foams up very well. After cleansing, my skin felt very clean but it I usually use it on days where I'm wearing a full face of makeup. I definitely needed to moisturise after. The fragrance is a fresh/herbal and its a pale tea colour.

I can't comment on the packaging as I bought the pro-size off eBay (the 500ml one I bought from ebay was only slightly more than the 200ml/standard size my beautician was selling!) but I needed to add my own pump to it. At 500ml and only needing the tiniest squirt at a time, it looks like I'll be stuck with it for a verrrry long time!

on 3/11/2008 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Stay away if your skin is dry. It will make it worse. Didn't break me out. Smells nice. If you have really oily skin, then it might work for you.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This cleanser has a nice scent, and if you have really, really oily skin, you'll probably like it, but for my combo, acne-prone, t-zone oily skin, it was just too harsh/drying. I even use jojoba oil after I wash, and I just felt tight after washing with this cleanser.