October 24, 2014 | 1620 users online

Lip Gloss - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Gloss

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by BubblyDiva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in a duty-free store, so I have to admit that it wasn't a planned purchase or anything, was just looking for something not extremely expensive to change euros. Anyways, the packaging was what attracted me - all EL products look like a good addition to your make-up bag. I bought this in Wild Lilac, a bright pink with a hint of mauve. The color looks fine, glosses are easy to wear as they're semi-sheer. But packaging and color is where the good part about this product ends. The texture is sticky, there's a raspberry-type fragrance (not overwhelming, but weird for luxury-segment lipgloss), and the applicator - the worst I've ever tried, it's hard, doesn't bend, and doesn't get any product whatsoever on it. I literally have to pull the applicator in and out of the tube like five times to cover my lips, and I don't have any Rosie Huntington-Whiteley material either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I have this in two colors, both gotten with GWP on two separate occasions.

Passion Berry (Sparkle) - While it looks light pink in the tube, it applies very, very sheer pink (almost clear) with multicolored glitter. This is a good everyday lip gloss to pair with a simple natural look.
Mod Poppy (Shimmer) - Dark purply red in the tube, applies as a sheer dark red with very fine gold glitter. This is nice over bold purple and red lipsticks. It looks odd applied on it's own.

Overall, I do like these lip glosses, but I would never buy them on their own because they are not worth 20 dollars. While gotten with a GWP, it's a good deal.

I hate the designs that they put on the bottles offered with the GWPs, but I can deal with that.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a set of 6 lip glosses for Christmas and I have to say, the colors were very sheer, I did not appreciate the smell, it was sticky, and definitely long lasting. I did not notice that it was moisturizing. I really did not like this product and I have tried much better lip glosses from the drugstore. It was a rip off for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by wingz85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought this yesterday in brazen berry as an impulse buy and was thinking of returning it when I tried it on again. Its amazing! On my lips it become a pretty berry and it really lasts a long time. The sales girl told me thet its really not as pigmented as the lipstick but its pigmented enough. I don't really like the distinctive estee lauder smell but I can deal with it. As a bonus, it really moisturizing. Thenonly downside to it is its price hahaha,...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by MegElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Cherry. Whereas many glosses may look coloured and leave a clear coat, this actually delivers the colour that is in the stick!
I like the fact it is a wand, I like applying lipgloss with wands I feel like a fairy....
But yes, a lipgloss that gives a lovely deep red colour, is moisturising so is nice to re apply during the day. And it has a subtle sweet smell which, I know is personal preference but I like it!!!
I only wouldn't buy it again because my quest to try every lip gloss going is still on...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by tofusteak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a mini-sized Pure Color gloss for free with my Estee Lauder purchase. I have this in the Passion Fruit shade which is a peach-pink shade which gives a subtle hint of colour to my lips.

What I like about this gloss is that it is not sticky at all. It glides well on my lips and does not feel heavy. The colour, while light, looks flattering on my oriental skin and despite my lips being acidic.

What makes this a winner is that it moisturizes my chapped lips quite well even after the gloss has faded. No chapping even hours after :)

Since the gloss is small, it fits perfectly into my small purse. I also love its gold detailing which makes it an elegant little item.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in mini size and three colours. I love them. The gloss is pretty and delicious looking. It isn't sticky either. Just a bit pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by kochou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a gift along with the Michael Kors holiday set. I have to say Iím impressed! Itís super silky smooth, it doesn't dry my lips (the way my MAC lip glass has a tendency to), itís not sticky and it doesn't rub off on my teeth! I also love the subtle pinkish red color of Garnet Desire. Iíve added this to my must have glosses! The only drawback for me is the limited range of colorÖI usually use MAC lipglass on C-thru and LUST and I donít see anything remotely close to those colors in the Pure Gloss lineup. If they ever do get close to those HG shades of mine, I will certainly switch over!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Tearose61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Burgundy. What a nice lip product!!! Goes on easily and not too overwhelming. No need to cover this with lip balm or any kind of moisture and it wears well. It's so easy to use that I don't even need to use a mirror to apply it. Love this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by mari4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

My favorite gloss:) Its sooo smooth and pigmeted and looks great on everyone. it also moisturises your lips, so I dont need lip balm underneath. a huge plus, because my lips are really dry.
the staying power is super. last on your lips till you lick them or drink anything. I always buy these from www.cheapsmells.com because they only cost like 14 pounds. a bargin!:)