July 22, 2014 | 1411 users online

Toners - Liz Earle - Liz Earle Instant Boost skin tonic

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 5:46:00 AM More reviews by Pealion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this recently after seeing it recommended on a Caroline Hironís post about toners. How I wish I had done some homework first! This toner is packed with fragrance, which research has shown is irritating and, potentially, damaging to skin.

As toners go, itís OK Ė it smells nice (well in truth it smells lovely!), but as mentioned about I am coming to realise what is good for my nose isnít really that good for my skin.

To be honest, other than the smell it doesnít seem to *do* anything special, and itís not cheap really, so Iíd expect a bit more than a nice smell for my money. I donít really feel my skin is getting any particular benefits from this toner, over and about cheaper toners Iíve used in the past.

Personally I havenít experienced any signs of irritation through use of this toner (unlike the Cleanse and Polish, which is another matter)Ö but the more I look into the issues around fragrance, the more I realise skin can be irritated, without actually showing any outward symptoms.

I do like the bottle this comes in Ė the lack of a cap that has to be removed is a nice touch, but unfortunately Iím not that keen on the product inside.

Due to the fragrance, and the lack-lustre performance, this definitely wonít be a repurchase for me, in fact itís unlikely Iíll even use up the remainder of the bottle I currently have.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favourite toner. Great first step in moisturising. Lovely smell. Feels soothing. I have nothing bad to say about this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find I only need a little bit of this, not a good amount as is described on the bottle. My skin feels a little fresher after using and a tiny bit more moisturised but it didnt sink in very well. My skin ended up feeling more freasy than usual later in the day when I have used it so I dont think I would buy again. I'm not that keen on the smell either.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by beautybash90

i LOVE this product the smell is gorgeous, it has some fantasic ingridents, is lovley to use and makes me my skin look amd feel great! its nice and soothing on the skin, and the fragrance is very uplifting.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by truffles1

This stuff is AMAZING. I've been using it on and off since I first discovered Liz Earle years ago. I've had several bottles - mostly those little minis that you often get free with an order. I say I've used it 'on off' but I'm going to make sure I always have some now!
I've always found it pleasant smelling and refreshing and as I've never really bought into the 'tone' part of 'cleanse tone moisturise', I've tended to use it as more of a cleanser - sometimes at night on a cotton pad or as a refresher during the day. I've noticed that it does give the skin a nice 'dewy' appearance. It's also good if your foundation is a little bit too thick/heavy/matte - just mix in a little bit of the toner before application.
Very recently, I've started (for the 'dewy' reason) to mix a little bit of it in with my moisturiser - in the palm of my hand - of a morning and I swear, the results have been miraculous!!
I noticed today that my usual laughter lines/crows-feet around my eyes (I'm early 40s and reasonably young looking for my age but do have some wrinkles) had very nearly vanished!
Seriously, about 2 decades wiped away. The only thing I'd been doing different was the toner in the moisturiser in the morning..
Liz Earle - PLEASE don't ever stop making this and don't ever change the formula!
(Bet they will, everything I love by all brands gets discontinued, groan).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I purchased the 'travel kit' initially which comes with the light moisturiser, deep cleansing mask, face tonic and hot cloth cleanser, and started using the face tonic on its own
(to ensure I don't react and can know which one i have reacted to if I do!) but this is lovely, it has a floral scent and is not a standard toner as I find a lot of toners will dry your skin and make your skin tight, but this just wipes away the excess oil/dirt/makeup and leaves your face feeling soft and looking fresh and radiant.

I was never sold on toners and would always miss out with my facial routine but i like this so much I will make sure I continue to use. I will definitely be buying the full size bottle when this runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by sezasunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I feel really silly doing this review...

I love this product but don't really know why...

Liz describes this less as a toner and more as a final cleanse, and gentle moisturisation.

It does grab off any last smudges of makeup, which is great. It stops that "drying out" feeling you get after using water on your face. And I love the way it tingles slightly (I usually use this and let it soak in while I brush my teeth - the tingle is great for encouraging a circulation boost to the skin which is important for repair).

It smells heavenly too. Excuse the corn, but it smells like a country meadow (ha ha - corn - meadow - it's a pun in a pun!) herbaceous and floral.

It's just lovely!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by maloneyxo

This toner has a gorgeous, refreshing light botanical fragrance - probably my favourite aspect of it. It makes my skin feel really fresh and clean used after Liz Earle Hot Cloth cleanser. If you already use the cleanser, this toner will just make your skin feel even fresher and more revived used in conjunction.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

Thanks Caroline Hiron for kicking my backside into never skipping toner use again. What a fatal error I have made for the last 7 years.
I view the purpose of using this toner as one for hydration in between days when I am acid toning.
Despite being fragranced it did not irritate my skin- my cheeks can be sensitive (face cheeks). I love the spray bottle. It is good value for money.

The main reason I would not repurchase is because I simply do not like the scent. It reminds me of Johnsons baby powder or Guerlain's Jicky scent. No no no no no. Ick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by nikkicavv

This product is best applied with cotton wool pads, it smells beautiful and leaves my skin feeling amazing. It's best used after the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, the two products really set each other off if used twice a day together. Liz Earle is one of the only brands that help keep my skin blemish free whilst being gentle to my skin.