Lancome Blush Subtil "Brun roche"

4.4

on 1/5/2014 12:25:00 AM

There are both good and bad things about this product. I like the colour, quality, and the fact it is oil free and doesn't break me out. However, the packaging is a bit difficult to open and the supplied brush isn't that great (I use my own sigma brush). The price in NZ is also quite high - I paid $75 for this which is the more than I would want to spend on a blush - though you only need a small amount of product so I think it will last a very long time.

I would repurchase but would look for alternatives first.

on 5/12/2013 11:14:00 AM

In general I just love Lancome color palettes. It's chic, subtle and suits a big range of skin tones. I chose Brun Roche because it would fit both my darker summer coloring and lighter winter coloring. There's a powdery scent to the product, but very light.

I was a diligent Lancome blush user, until I (recently) discovered cream blushes which suited my combination skin much better. This is the ONLY reason I won't purchase the Blusg Subtil anymore. Otherwise, if you do like powder blushes, I would recommend this to anyone.

on 5/1/2011 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use with Blush Subtil with Teint Idole (a Lancome foundation). It is a gift. Huge fan of colour no. 8 (brun roche), it is literally a head turner if applied well (they sell an assymetric brush which is good but not worth the 44 euro they ask for it). My skin is very slightly asian, but I am white for all intends and purposes, so my skin tone is 02 (lys rose). Perfect fit.
The box seems flimsy so you wouldnt put it in your bag but... you won't need to, it lasts the day perfectly, no retouching. Very easy to blend with foundation, looks as part of your face- very natural, if you dont overuse it, but can also create a femme fatale type evening look if you apply more.
I think this will make a beauty queen out of anyone...
The trick is - apply very similar colours to the lids (and lips), and you will win every beauty pagent
Again, in Ireland, this is a rip off at nearly 40 euro, which compared to UK and US is an insult.
UPDATE: the little brush that they give in the box is useless. The blush should be applied with a very big fluffy brush to achieve an even finish, otherwise it won't work.

on 5/18/2009 12:06:00 PM

This was my first Lancome purchase, in a pallette (Absolue Seduction) that I bought at a Duty Free. The palette looked so cute with so many nice colors in a little compact that I just couldn't resist. I am loving this color, it lasts for ever so I think the price tag is worth it, I haven't hit pan in this set and have been using it every day for months.

on 11/23/2008 8:51:00 PM

I have this blush as part of a travel palette I bought in a duty-free shop (naturelle) I think the color would suit everyone, it looks very natural and not overpowering, and it lasts all day. They paired it with coppery and gold shadows in the palette and a pinkish-brown lipstick. I will buy this blush again as a standalone!

on 9/20/2005 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It is lovely but unlike other reviewer I did not think this was too pigmented. I have a fair skin and I find this good shade for sculpting my features. It is a reddish brown and can look a bit orangey if used too much. You need to use a soft brush to apply it. I like that it does not have much shimmer. Stays on pretty well and feels good on my dry skin. Does not look streaky. I like the sleek black packaging. Easy to wear everyday shade. I will repurchase. UPDATE: The weather got colder and my skin got drier I feel this blush is not suitable for me anymore. I said earlier it suits to my dry skin but now my cheeks are itchy because this color is so subtle I need to use so much. And it is just too much for my skin. To comparison I switched to Guerlains bronzing powder to use as a face sculpter instead of this and I did not feel such dryness. I dont have this problem with Blush subtil "daring garance" but thats probaly because I use that such a small amount.

on 1/9/2005 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A lovely neutral pinky-brown colour that I believe will suit everyone. It gives me a subtle glow, but doesn't really wow me. However, I have been looking for a basic shade like this for a polished, work-day look. Part of the Naturel Coleur Palette

on 11/15/2001 6:45:00 PM

A great color, but I think it's hard not to apply too much, it's very pigmented creamy powder. The box is almost impossible if you have short nails, but it has mirror and a little brush.