December 23, 2014 | 1423 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - coconut body scrub

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While the scent of this is not exactly quite like the coconut body butter, it still smells pretty great (Something about the scrub smells a little off, it's hard to explain). I love how this scrub sits in a cream base as opposed to oil, as it rinses off totally clean and doesn't leave the bathtub a death hazard. The scrubby bits are nice and solid, while not being too coarse. I've had problems with scrubs being too harsh and scratching my skin, this has not caused any problems and still leaves my skin smooth and exfoliated. I even used this on my S/O's rugged, callused, work worn hands during a hand massage (lucky him!) and he was remarking afterwards on how his hands "didn't even look like his!" they were so smooth and well scrubbed. The pot is smaller than I was expecting.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by AMBERROSE2885

I love this scrub.

It's pricey, but you don't use it like a lotion (daily).
Once a week (4X a month) ... that justifies the price for me!

All of The Body Shop's coconut products are divine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by andrea0611

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love that this scrub is in a cream base and not an oil one! I love coconut scents, and although this is not my favorite coconut, it is still awesome! The bits are not scratchy, but perfect size.
I do not have very dry skin, but I like the feel of scrubs in the shower. I just tried it last night- I did not moisturize afterwards, the cream base felt moisturizing enough, even after rinsing it off.
The price is high for a scrub, at $20 for a full size, but TBS often has sales and specials. Right now, for example, they have a B2G2 free sale, so $40 for 4 containers (pretty good).
I do not like to leave the containers open in the shower, so I scoop some out and put it on top of the cap. That way I only have to open it once per shower. I could have gotten off with using less, because there is plenty of scrubby bits. I use it all over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Whoa, The Body Shop is kind of a hidden gem of products!

I self tan and I get airbrush spray tans a lot. Using a body exfoliant religiously is how I keep my fake tan looking naturally, makes application easy and flawless, and removed the dreaded lizard skin and blotchy fading. I have tried so many body exfoliants and they are either too rough and visibly scratch my skin or they are too gentle and don't do anything.

But this coconut body scrub is perfect! I have tried an assortment of super expensive ones and scrubs that are made for removing self tan and they aren't as good as this inexpensive gem.

2 times a week I'll take a bath and let my skin soak for about 20 minutes. Then I scoop up this scrub with my fingers and massage it over my entire body - usually for about 10 minutes. I can definitely feel like exfoliate my skin but it's not abrasive to the point where I'm concerned I'm taking of 30 layers of skin.

When I get out of the bath my skin doesn't feel dry as it normally does when I use other scrubs. I apply a good thick moisturizer - Kiehl Creme de Corps and my skin is so smooth and soft.

Packaging: comes in a plastic twist off top jar. I keep mine on my vanity and bring it to use only in the bath. That way I can avoid mixing water in the tube and diluting the product.

It smells like coconuts. It's a little teeny bopper but the smell doesn't linger.

It's cheap. It works. I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by PixxiDust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been on the hunt for a reasonably priced cream body scrub. I feel like the oil-based scrubs leave my skin with a layer of oils, but not actually moisturized.

The Coconut Cream Body Scrub is just great! The scrubby bits are the perfect level of grit - definitely scrubby without feeling scratchy. The cream element is moisturizing and rinses off well, but your skin is still left feeling extremely soft and clean. The coconut smell lingers for quite some time - I love the smell, but if you're not one for coconut, I would skip this.

I followed with my Aveeno body lotion before bed and this morning my skin still feels amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by edenlauren

This product is amazing! I love how smooth my body feels, my body has never felt this smooth in my life. It's ideal to use this twice a week so I'm not to scared about running out of this quickly! I can't stop touching my body it's just so smooth

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by pimppixie

im completely in love with this stuff!!!! i was a little worried about weather i would ike it after reading some of the reviews, but i still couldn't wait for it to come in the mail. i dont know what everyone is talking about when they say it has a gel texture or that it leave a residue. i didn't experience either. its really nice and creamy, almost like using a body cream scrub. it rinses off nice and clean and smells like heaven, this is honestly the best real coconut product i have ever used. ive spent most of my life living in places like the Florida keys. ive also cracked open a fresh coconut that was still in the husk, hours of pain in the but work btw lol. and it smell like i just opened a fresh coconut. i have really sensitive skin and was glad that it has a good amount of scrubies without hurting my skin :) i think it will last a good while too. i cant wait to try some more of their scrubs. i also love that this is a company with a heart :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the smell of this scrub but I found that it stings my sensitive skin. Also, I found that it didn't rinse off that well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by screamteam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Every few months, I'll go to the Body Shop to grab two body scrubs, I get something diffirent each time, as well as a cocunut each time. Coconut isn't my favourite smell, but I found this body scrub to work best for me. I used to have such dry skin and got a a lot of red bumps and ingrown hairs, but all those problems have gone away since using Body Shop's Body Scrubs, especailly this coconut one. I just bought a new jar yesterday, and although I love my Vanilla Spice Body I got during the Holidays, I'm excited to finish it so I can start using this coconut one(or I might get impatient and use the new chocolate one).
I also keep a jar of the coconut one at my moms for when I go to visit as the water where she lives is very harsh and leaves the skin itchy, but this body scrub definitely prevents my legs from itching.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by nightales7

I LOVE IT! This is the BEST body scrub I have EVER used. Firstly, the smell is heavenly. I wasn't that sure about the coconut scent at first, since it seemed overpowering, but one you apply it in the shower, it smells alot better. The smell also stays on your skin. I've gotten so many compliments and questions about what I'm using. The tiny pieces of coconut shell exfoliate amazingly and its not too harsh. Did i mention it smells amazing? Its also quite moisturizing. It also says its for dry skin, but I wouldn't really recommend it to people with dry skin. The packaging is really tight so you can keep it in the shower without fear of water getting in. The only downside is the price. However, one tub will last forever (I've been using mines for 4 months now and its not even half empty) and its worth every penny.