The Body Shop coconut body scrub

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/17/2015 4:57:00 AM

This scrub wasn't anything special to me, I was actually a bit disappointed.

The scent isn't just like coconuts, but also something else (I don't know how to explain), as another reviewer mentioned. I expected more beads/scrub, since it barley exfoliated the rough patches I have (elbows, knees, hands, etc). It is quiet pricey for me, since I exfoliate my hands almost daily, and my body twice a week or more if needed. It does leave a film over your skin that moisturises, but I always use an extra moisturiser since I don't find it enough.

Another thing that bothers me is the packaging. Its pretty unsanitary, and easily gets water in the jar. I have the same issue with LUSH products. *sighs*.

I would much rather use my homemade, cheap, and wonderful scrub that's more scrubby, natural, and overall better.

EDIT: I was unaware that The Body Shop was sold to L'Oreal, which tests on animals. That means that even though The Body Shop claims to be cruelty free, all the profits go to L'Oreal which tests ingredients used in their products on animals. Therefore, I will not be shopping at The Body Shop again. This doesn't change my initial review, as I still believe this body scrub is useless.

on 12/27/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oh my goodness this is a wonderful body scrub and the best one I've tried so far! It has incredible moisturizing abilities as well as being able to scrub off any excess dry, dead skin on my body! I had gotten it for Christmas this year and I used it the first night I had gotten it. It came in a holiday gift set that included the body butter, the body soap bar and the moisturizing shower cream. And the scent is lovely, creamy and sweet! It really is a wonderful thing to have. I truly love it and I highly recommend it to those of you looking for a body scrub to use when a simple body wash just doesn't do the job! Amazing! The only issue is the price, as products from the Body Shop tend to run a bit on the expensive side. Other than that, it is a wonderful investment and it truly is worth it in the end! Your skin will definitely thank you!

on 12/24/2014 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

It is an ok scrub. For my mature and sensitive dry skin this scrub always burns my face upon application next morning leaving large puffy red rash, don't know why but tried many times to no avail. After a few days I noticed under the skin surface small boils though no major, big breakouts. It does have the best texture and consistency light and creamy. The granules feel more like outer shell coconut hairs or husks with no effect of much shell particles or any kind of grains. It is too fine to exfoliate well, burns and stings, does not give that new fresh smooth or soft face and later gives a look of uneven red blotchy skin good creamy lotion like base though. Change the granules I say it would be good then. Fine for often or daily exfoliation as it is mild.

on 6/17/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

While the scent of this is not exactly quite like the coconut body butter, it still smells pretty great (Something about the scrub smells a little off, it's hard to explain). I love how this scrub sits in a cream base as opposed to oil, as it rinses off totally clean and doesn't leave the bathtub a death hazard. The scrubby bits are nice and solid, while not being too coarse. I've had problems with scrubs being too harsh and scratching my skin, this has not caused any problems and still leaves my skin smooth and exfoliated. I even used this on my S/O's rugged, callused, work worn hands during a hand massage (lucky him!) and he was remarking afterwards on how his hands "didn't even look like his!" they were so smooth and well scrubbed. The pot is smaller than I was expecting.

on 1/11/2014 12:01:00 AM

I love this scrub.

It's pricey, but you don't use it like a lotion (daily).
Once a week (4X a month) ... that justifies the price for me!

All of The Body Shop's coconut products are divine.

on 1/6/2014 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love that this scrub is in a cream base and not an oil one! I love coconut scents, and although this is not my favorite coconut, it is still awesome! The bits are not scratchy, but perfect size.
I do not have very dry skin, but I like the feel of scrubs in the shower. I just tried it last night- I did not moisturize afterwards, the cream base felt moisturizing enough, even after rinsing it off.
The price is high for a scrub, at $20 for a full size, but TBS often has sales and specials. Right now, for example, they have a B2G2 free sale, so $40 for 4 containers (pretty good).
I do not like to leave the containers open in the shower, so I scoop some out and put it on top of the cap. That way I only have to open it once per shower. I could have gotten off with using less, because there is plenty of scrubby bits. I use it all over.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Whoa, The Body Shop is kind of a hidden gem of products!

I self tan and I get airbrush spray tans a lot. Using a body exfoliant religiously is how I keep my fake tan looking naturally, makes application easy and flawless, and removed the dreaded lizard skin and blotchy fading. I have tried so many body exfoliants and they are either too rough and visibly scratch my skin or they are too gentle and don't do anything.

But this coconut body scrub is perfect! I have tried an assortment of super expensive ones and scrubs that are made for removing self tan and they aren't as good as this inexpensive gem.

2 times a week I'll take a bath and let my skin soak for about 20 minutes. Then I scoop up this scrub with my fingers and massage it over my entire body - usually for about 10 minutes. I can definitely feel like exfoliate my skin but it's not abrasive to the point where I'm concerned I'm taking of 30 layers of skin.

When I get out of the bath my skin doesn't feel dry as it normally does when I use other scrubs. I apply a good thick moisturizer - Kiehl Creme de Corps and my skin is so smooth and soft.

Packaging: comes in a plastic twist off top jar. I keep mine on my vanity and bring it to use only in the bath. That way I can avoid mixing water in the tube and diluting the product.

It smells like coconuts. It's a little teeny bopper but the smell doesn't linger.

It's cheap. It works. I'll repurchase.

on 8/28/2013 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've been on the hunt for a reasonably priced cream body scrub. I feel like the oil-based scrubs leave my skin with a layer of oils, but not actually moisturized.

The Coconut Cream Body Scrub is just great! The scrubby bits are the perfect level of grit - definitely scrubby without feeling scratchy. The cream element is moisturizing and rinses off well, but your skin is still left feeling extremely soft and clean. The coconut smell lingers for quite some time - I love the smell, but if you're not one for coconut, I would skip this.

I followed with my Aveeno body lotion before bed and this morning my skin still feels amazing.

on 7/16/2013 7:23:00 AM

This product is amazing! I love how smooth my body feels, my body has never felt this smooth in my life. It's ideal to use this twice a week so I'm not to scared about running out of this quickly! I can't stop touching my body it's just so smooth

on 4/5/2013 10:01:00 PM

im completely in love with this stuff!!!! i was a little worried about weather i would ike it after reading some of the reviews, but i still couldn't wait for it to come in the mail. i dont know what everyone is talking about when they say it has a gel texture or that it leave a residue. i didn't experience either. its really nice and creamy, almost like using a body cream scrub. it rinses off nice and clean and smells like heaven, this is honestly the best real coconut product i have ever used. ive spent most of my life living in places like the Florida keys. ive also cracked open a fresh coconut that was still in the husk, hours of pain in the but work btw lol. and it smell like i just opened a fresh coconut. i have really sensitive skin and was glad that it has a good amount of scrubies without hurting my skin :) i think it will last a good while too. i cant wait to try some more of their scrubs. i also love that this is a company with a heart :)

Top Rated The Body Shop Products