September 1, 2014 | 1922 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Bright Eyes Shimmer Pearls - Born to Be Bronzed

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by kkres

The only thing that saved this from getting only one lippie was the fact that I bought it at Big Lots for $1.99. If I paid full price for this that would be another story. The colors of the eyeshadows are actually quite pretty-shimmery brown, bronzey dk. plum, white-but the packaging is absurd to say the least. As described by the last reviewer, they are in horizontal rows with three small bubbles of each color. They are so close together it is impossible to get out the color you want without mixing one of the other shades in with it. And the shadow is really too hard and gritty to use a brush to apply it with so your fingers are really the only option. It's possible that these would be good if they had normal packaging-like the flat, easy-to-use package that the revlon cream shadows come in-but these just aren't worth all the trouble they pose trying to apply them evenly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2006 3:34:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG,what crap.The hilarious thing about this product is,that I can't remember HOW this got into my makeup collection.I don't remember buying it,I don't remember seeing it,somehow it just got in there.Well,I'm sort of senile anyways so I have no idea.On to the review.These are circular compacts with clear tops. There are three diagonal rows of three small 'beads' each of three different shades of 'coordinating' cream eye shadow.Man,these are hideous.A frosty white,an ugly bronzey-plum...ugh!!Not flattering,and it creases like a mofo.Settled into the lines around my eyes,and I'm 21.WTF?They are so small and packed quite closely together in the compact,so I have to use my pinkie finger to gently pick up the shadow and I still end up picking up the shade next to it.Now,I know you could use a brush but that didn't work well either.The texture is difficult.Plus,in the commercial the model used her *fingers*.They made it look all,one,two,three and you're out the door.LMAO,yeah right.False advertising!I can't believe Elaine Erwin Mellencamp is peddling such crap.Does her husband not have enough money?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2005 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Iseult6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unlike a lot of other people here it seems, I never had the conception that these pearls were supposed to be powdery. I ordered the "Born to Be Bronzed" palette from Cosmetics & More for a dollar before reading the extremely negative reviews here (5 per cent buy-again rate! Yikes!), so I was a bit apprehensive when the product actually arrived. However, I was most pleasantly surprised! The stuff blended beautifully and I detected NO CREASING whatsoever throughout the day, even though my skin is quite oily. The colours are shimmery and beautiful and compliment my blue eyes and cool toned skin, even though I was a bit worried about that. For $1, this was a steal, but I wouldn't mind paying full price for it!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2004 11:26:00 PM More reviews by emanseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just bought this today and am taking it back tomorrow. it looks so pretty in the package, however is invisible when applied. i really tried to load it on too. oh well, if only i could find these colors in a powder.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2004 3:37:00 PM More reviews by kawaiichan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Turns out I wasn't the only one mislead, thinking that this is a powdery eyeshadow. I bought it yesterday and when I tried it at home, I first stuck my brush into it...puzzled why the colors didn't go onto the brush, I touched it w/ my fingers and it's CREAMY. I hate cream eyeshadows [cream to powder is a different story]. I don't know how some people can wear creamy eyeshadows. The package says "no creasing, lasts all day". Well it lasted about 10 minutes on me [trying so hard to like it] before I gave up and took it off, and already I can see it starting to settle into the creases.

It reminds me of revlon's creamy eyeshadows in that palette. Another big mistake. This was the worst impulse buy ever.

Great concept thought, catchy tagline [bright eyes] but it's CREAM for crying out loud. IF it were powder then I'd probably love it.