Shiseido The Makeup Loose Powder

on 8/22/2008 2:05:00 PM

OOps, I missed again:) I picked up the darker powder (they actually produce only two shades and the light one looked like snow - well, perhaps it looks different on skin). Darker is darker than I need. So I add some talc powder to make it lighter (the powder is talc-based). But if you are more fortunate than me with the color selection - the powder is absolutely superb! It is not visible on the skin, it does not get darker, I don`t shine with it for some hours (oily skin), which is a big deal for loose powder. Just for comparison - I have tries the famous Blended Face Powder by Clinique which was also very satisfactory from shine point of view, but more visible on the face and also I stopped using it cause it has some pore clogging stupid ingredient :( The second powder I am finishing now is La Prairie - which is much thicker, practically looks lika a compact foundation, also has a poor color selection, But I start to shine with La Prairie quicker than with Shiseido! Add to it very silky feel and no clogging!

on 2/18/2007 10:26:00 AM

I really like this loose powder - I have it in Pink. It doesn`t give any color pay-off, just sets my foundation and gives me a nice glow. I really like the puff! And you can get new ones at the counter (at least I get new ones here). The packaging is very Shiseido, pretty to look at without screaming "here I am!!!" as some products, i.e Guerlain, can do. It does control oil a little bit, but I still need to blot. Haven`t found a powder, loose or pressed, that keeps me shine-free anyway. And it lasts a long time!

on 6/11/2003 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's too dry for my normal-to-dry skin, create some dry patches and very noticeable. My god. This is nearly the only Shiseido products which I dislike.
Of cuz, won't buy it.

on 4/8/2003 9:14:00 PM

I have this in Pink. Lots of tiny shimmery particles brighten the skin naturally and set foundation well. It controls oiliness reasonably well but my skin looks little dry though. I don't recommend this to anyone who have dry skin. I really like the puff that comes toghether. I won't buy this again.

on 12/9/2001 10:05:00 PM

I have this in Pink. I wasn't sure about it when the MA first showed it to me--I thought it'd be too sparkly. But it's just perfect to set my foundation & give me a luminous glow. I love it.

on 11/15/2001 6:21:00 PM

A great powder that stays on for a long time and gives a natural matte fininsh. My only complaint is that it comes only in two shades, should have been at least one more.