OPI Chocolate Moose

4.2

on 3/15/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Love this light creme brown color more in the bottle than on my feet. On my hands it looks good, especially when I'm tan (LOLA). However, its not as flattering on my feet, especially in the Wintertime. On the plus side, tow coats provides great coverage.

on 5/29/2014 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I absolutely adore this color! It's the warmest chocolate-y brown, even though it's not the color of chocolate. More like hot coco, maybe? I was actually surprised when I opened my bottle and it didn't smell like chocolate! I was too absorbed by the color ;) It's the color of chocolate mousse (haha), not chocolate, and it really looks delicious. I could eat it off my nails(and then die). It's a great neutral color for everyday wear, too! The formula is absolutely to die for, it could have applied itself! I would definitely buy this again and recommend it!

on 1/10/2014 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the slightly browner, less pink and 2 shades darker version of 'barefoot in barcelona' if you own one you won't need the other however this one is a tad darker and more of a neutral rather than a 'nude' shade. Looks professional and polished and is gorgeous if you have some yellow undertones.

on 10/23/2013 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

NW46 skin tone here. Wow! I never thought I would find a brown polish pretty much less interesting but this one is quite mesmerizing and oh so stunningly gorgeous! I can't stop staring at my fingers all day. A reviewer said this was like strawberry chocolate and they hit the nail on the head with this fabulous shade. This is what I wanted Orly Pink Chocolate to look like but it was not flattering on my skin and was not even a nude (more like a reddish pink with the faintest whisper of brown). OPI's Chocolate Moose on the other hand, is a nude shade and is the only brown I have been able to wear happily. It is the perfect mixture of strawberry and chocolate and remains in the neutral category! We all hear about the perfect pinky nudes, well Chocolate Moose is a deeper pinky brown that is here to stay!! It is universally flattering too. Application of course was a dream. I'm so excited about this polish. It has made one of my top faves ever, just like that!

on 10/17/2013 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I know this light, somewhat pastel, warm brown is meant to invoke the thought of creamy chocolate (chocolate mousse, chocolate pudding, etc.) and it does, but I can't help but think, "peanut butter" when I wear it. Not that this is a bad thing, mind you. Chocolate mousse and peanut butter are both awesome as far as I'm concerned.

This is a creme polish, no shimmer at all, and it's entirely opaque in two coats, though the first coat is a little streaky.

This would work very nicely in a conservative environment like an office. It's a nice colour, polite, unassuming, pretty in its understated way, but not all in your face or particularly eye-catching.

I got it because I generally like browns and thought this had interesting possibilities in ombre manicures, or as a base for a "chocolate drip" style design. I'm unlikely to wear it on its own because I find it just a little boring on me (just the way it works with my skin tone; it's a little on the neutral side on me, which is interesting, because my complexion is fair and cool, and this polish is neither).

This polish has loads of possibilities, and I'm happy to add it to my collection.

on 4/14/2013 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Chocolate moose from the Canadian collection is an amazing polish! As a previous reviewer said, it reminds me of chocolate milk! And I love chocolate milk! Haha! Anyway... It is a gorgeous light brown creme, a dream to apply. Goes on so smoothly and evenly with no streaks! I usually do 2 coats. It is a fantastic neutral while still being a little different to your average predictable nude/light pink/off white... It also wears remarkably well (I find I get at least a week out of it with top and base coat) it also has a super glossy finish, so chic and sophisticated. one of my favourite neutral polishes of all time! Give it a go! You won't be disappointed! :)

on 9/28/2012 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a really lovely chocolate colour. I think of chocolate milk when I see it, because it's not super dark- it's more of a chocolatey-taupe. I like it because it is a good neutral, and I work in a fairly conservative environment.

Application: 4.5/5
Colour Turnout: 5/5

The application was great- completely opaque in two coats. Dried quickly, and no streaks!
The colour payoff was also great. I would definitely recommend.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this nail polish! The color is pretty self-explanatory, a sienna-brown sort of color. It applies perfectly in two coats. The consistency is a nice streak-less cream. I think it compliments my light/medium Asian skin tone.

on 8/1/2011 1:48:00 AM

this is one of those polishes where when you have it on,suddenly you feel chic and beautiful...it is a warm darker nude...feels lovely,applies like a dream,and has the amazing wear of OPI..try...you will be most happy about this buy!

on 4/30/2011 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Great color! It honestly only needs 1 coat, but I used 2 to make it pop even more. I would say pretty true to the color in the bottle after one coat. Will be using this when I want a more natural brown looking nail. Love the applicator. Would recommend. Love OPI, you get what you pay for.

Popular Polishes