December 21, 2014 | 1689 users online

Fragrances - Ralph Lauren - Romance

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This smells horrendous on me. Try before you buy. On my skin it reeks of industrial chemicals/cleaners, lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by mhubbard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This one is a "like it a lot" scent, quite womanly and classy. Others have described the notes but I really appreciate the fresh spicy undertones. I scored a large bottle on Ebay and I only wear it occasionally, so I will likely have it while I am on the planet. A tiny amount,1 spray, is sufficient and it lasts most of the day. Suitable for most work places. I took one lippie off for lack of distinctive character.....I gravitate toward more avant- garde fragrances, but many of those should not be worn to work. This really does evoke pure , clean, traditional Romance and for that reason, it is quickly becoming a classic.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A clean pleasant rose is what I get from this. I wish I could say it's unique and stands out from all the other pleasant rosy scents, but its' not. Opening is a rather strong rose scent which eventually develops into a pleasant scent which is closer to the skin, but still somewhat clean, formal-frigid. It may be a notch above the majority of the rosy florals out there, but not more.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To me, this has a shampoo-like smell, with a certain sharpness. I don't get any of the soft floral notes other reviewers mention. Really don't like it, unfortunately.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Spicedrum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My boyfriend brought this home I sprayed in the air and wanted to vomit this smell like a funeral pallor to much I usually love Ralph Lauren but this oh no

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 5:46:00 AM More reviews by mushroom8118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I first smell this perfume on a fellow course roommate during my 7 day office course in 2009. I thought it smells so pleasant! Reminds me of summer at the beach. Every time she spritz it, it instantly turn our hotel room into this summer air filled with flower scents!! I was lucky when I bought my first bottle cos it was on sale at Parkson and bought a set that comes a miniature and limited edition lotion. Went through a couple bottles of this since then and still LOVING IT! Women around me loved it. Men liked it as well. I adore this flowery, delightful scent. It is not overpowering yet smells wonderful all day! I feel great when I smell this perfume. I surely recommend it for all occasions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by SuziH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

When my husband and I were dating, he told me that this was his favorite perfume that he'd ever encountered. Intrigued, I had to spritz some on myself, to experience whether or not it was suitable for my skin chemistry. My first impression was that it was floral yet clean, and with a subtle hint of a spicy note. The spicy aspect calls to mind the fragrance of the deepest red roses, the kind which almost appear as black velvet. The floral note is a crisp and clean wild forest violet, the kind that would be sought by a naiad just stepping out of her sylvan spring, to decorate her long auburn curls. Needless to say, I fell in love with the eau de parfum and have worn it every day as my signature fragrance. It is so special to me that I even wore it on our wedding day. I receive compliments on this fragrance nearly every day, from men and women alike. Interesting, isn't it, how some fragrances are delightful to some people, yet abhorrent to others? I am happy this one works for me, and I know my husband is too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample spray of this and have gone back and forth on deciding if I really like this or not. I find this is girly and warm. I would describe it as very elegant. I can imagine this being worn on a wedding day, to special events, etc. I think it is not necessarily a good everyday fragrance for the average 20 something year old though. I am 27 and I have not grabbed this daily. Instead I have grabbed it when I am going out to dinner with my husband for a date night. I personally do not think it is very floral which it is described as. I think it has a touch of rose perhaps, but not enough to consider it a floral. One thing I do like is that it does not take much of this to smell good. I also like that this is a long lasting fragrance. Once it dries down it is not as noticeable, but I do notice I still smell quite lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used Romance in parfum, EDT, body spray and body oil for many years. In fact, my son loved it as a little boy and now, as a 19 yr. old, still tells me he loves this scent best!
It's my year round "go-to" fragrance. I spray it on my hair brush then use an unscented hairspray. To those that know me, it's "me". Fortunately, no one else I know wears it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by hannahsamuel22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

So what do I say about this? I don't like this perfume at all and would definitely not consider buying it again. I got this as a gift from my mom and she gave it to me as a set with the body moisturizer to go with. I've got the 50ml bottle and 200ml for the moisturizer. From what I checked the perfume retails for about 36 pounds for the 50ml.

The perfume is called romance but I personally find that the name doesn't really go with the type of scent. Its main accords are stated as floral, rose and fresh spicy. Even when I take a whiff the scent just hits my nostrils. There is nothing floral about that. The scent is way too sharp and has to me weird base notes. Being completely honest, to me it smells like a combination of sweaty body odour and a really strong perfume, which is bad. I've never smelt anything like it so I can't relate it to anything. But as how we would describe a guys scent as woody which I hate. This is a woody scent female version.

The moisturiser smells just like the perfume, however not as strong (thankfully). It moisturises really well. I must give it that but personally I like moisturisers with a subtle calming scent and this is just way too strong.

Bottom line, I don't like it. Definitely not floral or romantic. I'm trying to use it up quick by just simply using it everyday. Not trying to save it.

I know that there are people who love it. This is just my personal opinion. I'm a girly girl and I like anything with a light but warm scent. An example of a Ralph Lauren perfume I love would be the Ralph Lauren cool.( pink bottle with blue cap) .