November 25, 2014 | 1827 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pro Longwear Lipcolour in Stuck On You

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I purchased this many years ago in a couple of colors, and decided to try another one, though I didn't remember much about it. I was looking for a long lasting lipcolor, and hadn't had a lot of luck with the color choices in Chanel's version. The color, a dark berry with gold shimmer, is pretty but somewhat too dark for my NW 10-15 skin. I would have been able to work with it, however, if that was the only problem. This one, unlike Chanel's, was very uncomfortable and drying, but the worst part was that it wore off very quickly and in patches. It looked like bruises. I'm glad I wasn't wearing it for an event where I would have been photographed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by dogsinfl

A dark rusty berry with gold flecks (definitely not a blue-red), this is a beautiful color but a bit dark for my everyday use. Pros: Stays on through everything except greasy foods, non-sticky gloss. It absolutely does not come off until I take it off with an oil-based cleanser. Cons: My problem with the longwear line is most of the colors are really dark, and they're really drying. Unfortunately there's nothing I've tried that wears better. I own about 8 colors, and only one SA told me to STRETCH your lips when you apply it (or it will crack) and DON'T purse them together (or it will wear off in the middle). Others I've tried: Lorac co-stars (fave for soft colors but only half day wear), EL Doublewear (softer colors but limited selection, not quite as long lasting, wears off strangely), and Maybelline Superstay (half the price, variety of softer colors, but it doesn't make it through lunch). I didn't care for Revlon Colorstay (dark colors) or CG outlast (two separate products just annoy me, dark colors).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 7:42:00 PM More reviews by charb3

As much as I love this colour, the formulation has much to be desired. I find it odd that this is the rave in all the magazines. I don't find that there is enough colour assortment, the product tends to ball up quickly and it is so easy to over apply! Very expensive. I prefer Almay TLC or Revlon Overtime sheers instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2005 12:31:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunny24

I love the staying power of Pro Longwear! You can eat/drink with it on and the color really does stay put. It does tend to dry out the lips so make sure they're moisturized before applying. The gloss end also seems to run out much faster compared to the colored end but maybe I just like to put on a lot of gloss. Anyway, the actual color "Stuck on You" was just a bit too orangey-red on my lips hence the four stars instead of five(NC30/35 Asian for reference). I tried on Clingpeach at the counter & liked it better. I would like to purchase this again, but in different colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2005 2:19:00 AM More reviews by sashimigirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color. A berry-brown with gold shimmer in the tube, and on me (NC 35/40) a kicked up YLBB - flushed brown-red with shimmer. This shade can go to work in the daytime and then out for dinner and fun in the evening :) Thin layer of color works best. The formula is a bit drying but nothing I can't deal with. There are other (and much cheaper!) longlasting lippies at the drugstore but nothing beats MAC's gorgeous colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2005 9:48:00 PM More reviews by watermelon0719

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty color on me (NC43, GGG), but alas, so far it has not done too well. I wore it to work (a 5 hour shift), and the gloss wore off (which is acceptable), but then, my lips started flaking and pretty soon I had flakes of the l/s on my teeth!! It was utter disaster. I did not eat or drink during those 5 hours, so I don't know what caused such a bad reaction. I think I'll try to reapply the gloss and see if maybe that helps it not flake. I gave it 4 lippies because this is the first longwearing l/s I've tried that does not feel cakey and dry, and also because the color is so darn pretty. It's a rosy coppery color. Will update if I see a difference in the flakiness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I found this product only so-so. The color tends to gunk around the top of the wand, which makes it really messy. I end up having to use my finger to wipe off the excess at the top of the wand, then apply to my lips (wiping off my finger on a tissue quickly so it doesn't stain!).

The color IS very pretty - berry with a touch of shimmer. However, once it dries, it makes my lips look really *dry* and I can feel it too. Which means I have to use the top coat, but it's a hassle having to apply the gloss constantly.

It doesn't beat L'oreal's invincible kiss proof lipstick - especially if you want it in just one easy tube without having the gloss. It's smooth and creamy and isn't drying at all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2005 1:58:00 AM More reviews by GreeneyedGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This color is SOOO Pretty on my PPP complexion and compliments my brown hair and green eyes. The lasting-power is fantastic! Love the color-a soft bronzey mauve on me. It's deep but not too dark and overpowering. I also love the clear gloss to top it all off! I would not have purchased this for myself (I have too much lip stuff) but since this was given to be as a bday gift, I will definitely enjoy using this up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 12:37:00 PM More reviews by beachkitty79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

To correct, this product is Pro Longwear, not Pro Longwearing. This is a great color. Definitely shows up well and is a little dark, but I still don't mind it for my big lips. It's what I'd call a brick red. It's a fabulous product because it STAYS ON. You won't see this on your glass. I haven't tried kissing with it yet, so I will update when I do...lol. It once stayed on all night and until like 12 p.m. the next day. That's incredible to me. I've never had anything like this. I think it's worth the $19.50 to do this. The sales person told me the trick is to let the color sit for about 2 minutes before applying the gloss. This way the color is sure to stay. The only down side is that it isn't very moisturizing. The gloss does help though. Just make sure you keep your lips hydrated all the times you aren't wearing this lipcolor, and you should be fine. I am not even taking away a lippie for it not being moisturizing because I think it's so amazing how it stays on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2004 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Mufie

My first experience with the Pro Longwear was negative, as I was on a testing rampage at Nordstrom and attempting to try on different colors after you've slapped three layers of this stuff on is impossible. However - I snapped up Stuck on You today at Saks, for I realized it is perfect for a perfect gorgeous golden rose base that I won't have to reapply as I run around at work or to/from class on my hectic 14 hr. days. I've decided not only will I use the clear gloss, I'll use Viva Glam V lipglass (also purchased today) or possibly Stila Vanilla Lip Glaze (if I purchase it sometime soon) and I can mix this color up - glamming it up for evening, toning it down for day...

The color: A lovely YLBB rose - can build to a much deeper almost red, but also tone down to a nuder pinky rose

The texture: Sticky and definitely feels like a longwear matte stain or some sort, but after six hours of wear, I did not notice any discomfort, chipping, peeling -- a little burning, but a bit of gloss fixed that right up

The longwear: Put it on at 3:15 p.m. - it only just wore off around 10:30 p.m. when my roomie fed me some oily pasta - I think oil is what tugs this baby off. So any oil-based MU remover should help it budge when you want it to come off.

After-effect: My lips felt a little dry but I dabbed a bit of MAC's lip conditioner on after MU removal (you can use a balm or whatever) and my lips feel perfectly soft!

Overall, I'm very pleased with this purchase. Good job, MAC.