November 25, 2014 | 1862 users online

Eye Shadow - Becca - Eye Colour Powder (Shimmer) in Lurex

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by dropsofJupiter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this e/s as a wash. On me it takes a golden tone but I am PPP cool to neutral. I love the way it blends and lasts all day. It gives a gorgeous finish with just the right amount of shimmer that is not frosty or glittery. It shows up well and is easy to use. I also love the sturdy packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A very pretty shimmery cool neutral beige. I like to use this as a highlighter or to lighten up other eyeshadow colors. The eye shadow itself is soft, silky and easy to apply.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2006 2:44:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I agree with the previous reviewers, Lurex is very similar to Stila Wheat, but less taupey and thus more flattering on my Mac NC30 complexion. The quality of the shadow itself isn't as soft and pigmented as Stila shadows, but they are still very good quality. My only gripe is the price - and size of the actual shadow. You get a Mac-sized shadow for the price of Scott Barnes, and I have a feeling most of the price goes to producing the metal and rubber packaging which is very durable, but unnecessary and wasteful in my opinion. Nevertheless, I'm glad I got Lurex instead of Stila Wheat because I despise their cardboard packaging and wasn't about to buy a 4-pan just to house one eye shadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 6:35:00 PM More reviews by milliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with what another reviewer said: if you were to mix Stila Wheat and Oasis, Lurex is what you would get. Except that Lurex isn't as silky and pigmented as Stila shadows are. Still, it's a nice e/s and I can layer it to get more intensity. This combined with Shantung really makes my eyes look blue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2005 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Lina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty light shimmery golden/khaki shade. Similar to Stila Wheat, but not as grey. It's lighter than Satin, but not as pale as Organza. Love this with Brocade as a smokey liner. I have brown eyes/brown hair and am a MAC NC35. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2004 2:58:00 PM More reviews by bastet

I am really surprised that there's no review for this yet! Here we go:

The new Becca powder eye shadows come in a compact that looks exactly like their blush/concealer etc. compacts only smaller. The container houses only 1g of product, which at US $20 for this little gem is quite little!

The e/s is easy to blend and pigmented although a little dryish. I applied it on top of a MAC paint and it lasted me through a whole hot summer day. The shade- Lurex- is a dusty, sandy shimmering gold, it's somewhere between Stila oasis and wheat, if that helps. The quality is thus convincing, so I am even willing to get more of their e/s although they are so pricey. There are 5 shades available at this time- organza (white), velvet (black), brocade (bronze), satin (beige) and lurex. All these shades are shimmery. I do hope they'll add more colours soon! continued >>