April 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Candles - Yankee Candles - Yankee Tart burners

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by MedusaCascade66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to just give my views on the 2 'types' of tart warmers/burners, so here goes. I have 10 of the 'tea light' tart warmers and 5 electric ones and I just love them all. In answer to the reviewer who didn't like the electric warmer/burners because they take ages to melt a tart...yes, the electric tart warmers do take a really long time to melt tarts, but that has its own advantage because it makes the tart's fragrance last ages longer. A tart's fragrance is supposed to last around 8 hours, yes? I did a little test using the same tart (Island Mango) in an electric warmer and a tea light heated one and, in my opinion, because the electric one takes roughtly 4 times as long to melt the tart as the other, I got roughly 3 times as much fragrance 'length' out of it!!! So yes, it's definitely worth buying an electric one. Personally, I always have both on the go - a 'tea light' powered one that matches the rest of whichever set I'm showing off at the time (Butterfly Mosaic right now) and an electric one in the same room to get the most 'bang for my buck' out of the tart. Also, having 3 cats, I like to have electric warmers on the go in rooms that I'm not in when I'm burning tarts, as then I don't have any worries about my cats knocking them over or burning themselves because they've got too inquisitive abuout the tarts or tealights *grin*. Electric warmers are great for places where you're having to leave the tart and warmer unattended. Anyway, this is just my two penn'orth worth - it really is personal preference as to which tart warmer/burner you go for. I just wanted to point out that they both have their advantages and drawbacks. Oh, and I pay (usually) £11.99 for my electric tart warmers, as I have pretty generic ones. The look of them? A ribbed, off-white base that's about 2 inches tall with a 1 inch tall, flat clear glass dish that sits in the (ever so shallow) 'well' on top which contains a flat, black hotplate. They fit in with absolutely any decor and are a very stable base so aren't easily knocked over. I know you can get very pretty electric warmers, but I really do like these ones.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased an electric tart warmer from Yankee Candle at the end of August when I couldn't find any online I liked and no other store around me had any that weren't lit by votives. It's not a bad tart warmer but was more expensive than ones online ($15ish plus tax) and it takes fooooreevvveeerrr to melt the tart. When I purchase another one for a different room I will keep looking online.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by brwarman

I have worked for yankee candle for the past 2 years, and have fallen in LOVE with tarts. They are the easiest and fastest way to get amazing yankee candle smells in your home. It is also super affordable. You can get a tart burner for around $10 and then each tart regular price is $1.99 and will burn for around 10 hours. When the sales are going on you can get tarts for $1.00!!!! I will always always ALWAYS use tarts :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Whoever invented tarts (Google here I come) was a genius! What a simple, inexpensive way to enjoy and sample fragrance after fragrance after fragrance. I purchased my tart burner on seasonal clearance and usually don't purchase the tarts unless they are on sale. I have a basket full of tarts, and it's so much fun to sniff them all before I pick the tart of the day. A great tip that may be well known by now: to remove burned wax from tart burner, place in freezer for about 15 minutes - wax will pop right out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love my tart burner. DF bought me an electric one for Christmas since I hated burning candles with my cats around. Compared to a tart burner with a tealight, the electric one works much better IMO. It heats up slower, so the tarts last longer, plus, you don't have to worry about constantly replacing tealights.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

all the tarts smell good and real!!!
Convenient and simple to use, the Yankee Candle Electric Tarts Burner is a great way to add exceptional fragrancing with no mess. Place one of Yankee Candle's aromatic Tarts® wax potpourri pieces in the removable bowl, plug in and turn on. The burner will warm the potpourri to a steady, controlled temperature so you can enjoy the wonderful ambiance. Mix two halves of different scents to create your own unique aroma!

Yankee candle's store online usually has at least a few at a time and sometimes newly released designs to match the season. my boyfriend also has one at his house but his is not the yankee candle brand and it was bought at a cute giftshop. I like mine better becasue I don't need to replace a light bulb.
The Yankee Candle Outlet also has a small nice selection of electric tart warmer's. I am hoping Yankee Candle makes at least two electric tart warmers to match every season or popular Holidays. Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter/ Spring Flowers, Halloween!!! both can use ours everyday left on for a few hours? maybe 5 or 6 at the most on some days. The tarts are so fun to buy! there are sooo many scents to choose from. Really great way to decide if you want that scent in a large jar or large tumbler.
my favorite scents are from every fragrance collection, I really love them all!

Festive
Fresh and Clean
Fruit / Juicy
Flowers
Sweet & Spicy

my boyfriend likes fresh & clean scents. like nature scents. He also loves any that smell like a Christmas Tree! And a Few of the Spicy fragrances too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by jlswapple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I work in a gift store that sells Yankee Candles, we carry the Jars, the Tarts, tart burners, Car Jars, Diffusers, etc. After burning various jar candles in which I did love all the scents, I still find the tarts to give off a stronger scent. Also, you're able to get more variety when you buy a bunch of assorted tarts rather than just buying a big jar candle

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 9:03:00 AM More reviews by aly64

I love my tart burner. It's such an inexpensive way to buy name brand candles! Most candle stores sell some sort of "tart." I actually don't own the "Yankee Candle" brand burner, but just a Wal-Mart brand one. The tart burner is super fast at releasing the sent, it's really strong too! I usually just burn it for a short while. That's all it takes. I think this might be a safer way to burn candles too. The flame isn't in the open. My one complaint would be that it doesn't look as nice as most candles.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2007 3:10:00 AM More reviews by PixelDustDreams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yankee Candle is AMAZING! Seriously the most fragrant candles in the world! Well, in my experience anyhow, and I'm a "candle-a-holic"! They last forever and ever, and have so many scents it's unreal! The tarts are so great! I have 3 tart burners, and I only have to burn one of them and you can smell them all the way outside of my aparment!

(BIG TIP: It's better though to buy the generic tealights to burn them with. Do not buy the Yankee Candle tealights, or any tealight that is sitting in plastic, the ones that sit in the aluminum are MUCH MUCH BETTER! The ones in the plastic are HORRIBLE, they don't get a big flame at all, and almost NEVER relight. Waste of money.)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too adorable for words:) I own 2 of these tart burners and have given them to 3 others as gifts. They are the cutest tart burners on the market in my opinion and will always repurchase them:)