November 23, 2014 | 934 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Express Finish in Red Caviar

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by sweetness10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because it's the PERFECT shade of red! It really is a true, classic, bright red (without orange or pink undertones). This polish was quite a thin consistency. It was easy to spread. It took 3 coats to get rid of the streaks in the color. It did indeed dry fast but unfortunately, the day after my mani a couple of my nails had chipped. I won't buy it again because even though I ADORE the color (which is the reason I gave it a rating of 2 instead of 1) I don't want to have to re-do my nails every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2004 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Ninaleen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a cool (blue-based) red. It's very retro IMO. It's not as dark as crimson, meaning it really is very RED. Overall, I've been very happy with this line of nail polish. It really does dry super fast and it lasts better than Revlon (I'm comparing this to Revlon's Zippy, which I tried right before this one, see my review). I painted my nails two nights ago; yesterday the polish began to chip just a bit but that's because I did a lot of typing- I just touched up the tips and so far so good. They still look shiny today (Revlon dulled almost immediately). I will most likely repurchase this color because to me, it's such a classic color, very 40s / 50s , not glam like Chanel's Vamp, but very nice for an everyday retro and/or feminine feel. I will also definitely purchase more colors from this line. :)