December 19, 2014 | 1660 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHA

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by summerbrow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG for the bacne I sometimes get as a result of hair products - I seem to react to certain ingredients that I have yet to identify. It smooths and calms down itchy and angry bumps. The price point is not bad at all, considering how little I need. I use this twice per week most of the year, except in summer when I tend to skip it in order not to make my skin to sensitive to the sun.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by tashi88

Bought this treatment cream with the hope of curing KP on my arms. No such luck. I have finished the whole tube and although my skin did feel a bit smoother it didn't eliminate bumps or redness. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by nanciixd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the ONLY product that has ever gotten rid of my bacne and I've tried all the body acne treatment you can imagine. I've had horrible bacne with tons of clogged pores and blackheads since I was 11 and this helped tremendously. At first I wasn't expecting much but I can finally wear clothes that reveal my back. My skin did take some time getting used to the lotion. When I first used it, it made my neck and lower back itchy but that has stopped.

I did also try this for my face too and it worked in the beginning but then the clogged pores came back. Not sure what happened but I guess it stopped working for my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by shelterdog3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why say it cures KP? What a joke. My legs look no different. I have been using this for one week now and I might as well not use it at all. My legs feel and look no different. I will finish this lotion but think I should get my money back if no results. Worst of any products for the price. I have taken pics and nothing. I will update if and when I finish this bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE BUT I USED IT MULTIPLE TIMES.
Ugh...This is a middleweight lotion with no fragrance yet it smelled like a mixture of cucumber and dyhodroxyacetone; (just to assure anyone there is cucumber but no self tanner.) I believe it can potentially clog pores because of its cream texture but that is mere speculation. Dont exfoliate your skin before using this like I made the mistake of doing.The first time I used this it burned so bad that my forehead got irritated; my forehead almost never gets irritated!! It's really resistant to irritation but I could not deny the redness and pain ..although I did some mechanical exfoliation before applying it to remove the top portion of the blackhead and my guess is that was the trigger. It's worth noting that I used it again without exfoliating and it did not irritate my skin the second time. I would also like to point out that if someone has severely dry skin and acne this may be a lifesaver for you due to the bha content and its creaminess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the closest thing to a miracle product I have ever used. I've tried it for both face and body and it is wonderful for both.

BODY: When I first tried this out, it was to help with breakouts on my butt. It's kind of embarrassing, but I had had a fairly bumpy, pimply, KP-ish bum for years and I just didn't really know there were any products out there that would help with it. An (EX) boyfriend even mentioned it once, imagine my humiliation! I started by ordering three sample packets of this product so that I could test it long enough to potentially see results. I started applying once a day, every day, just a tiny little amount. A little went a long way, each sample packet lasted about a week. It had a wonderful, silky texture and absorbed quickly.

I started seeing results almost immediately. I have never seen an acne product act so quickly. By the end of the first packet, one of my bum cheeks was COMPLETELY CLEAR and the other was about half clear. I continued using it and my skin issue completely cleared up before I even made it through the second sample. The third only served to make my skin look better, smoother, and more even-toned overall. I immediately ordered a full size. Now that I've ramped up my workout routine I've started getting breakouts on my back again, and this product cleared that up really fast too. For body, I apply this just once a day to my bum and back/shoulder area and it keeps me almost 100% clear. It's not even a big deal if I miss a day or two. I also apply it to any area on the body where I happen to spontaneously get a pimple or breakout and it totally fixes the issue.

FACE: I only checked out reviews for this product after I had tried it for body and found out many women use it for their face, so I figured I'd try it. It is now my go-to daily exfoliant which I use morning and night on my face and neck. It wears beautifully under moisturizer, sunscreen, and makeup. The only other BHA exfoliant I had tried on my face before was Paula's 1% BHA lotion (went through a full bottle). That was good, but this is WAY better. I'm sure a lot of that is due to the higher concentration but I think the added ingredients such as moisturizers, anti-irritants, and anti-oxidants in the body exfoliant help as well, because my skin feels instantly soft and smooth and continued use has really made my face more glowing, luminous, and even-textured. I have not experienced any dryness or irritation as a side effect, so I think the other ingredients balance the BHA well. Additionally, I barely require any other acne product at all anymore; it does a good enough job at keeping my skin clear on its own. The only other time my skin was this clear was when I was on The Pill.

I believe it is worth it to buy this product for face over all of Paula's other "face" exfoliants because not only is it superior IMO, it is also much better bang for your buck. You get a much larger tube and it is ounce-to-ounce cheaper than buying one of the smaller face exfoliants. Get it when it's on sale and it's even better. Even if it's full price, this product is worth every penny.

Long story short: HG for life! On my second full tube now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by swirlingblacklily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Relatively $$$, but effective. I've been using this for about a month to clear up a breakout on my shoulders and upper back and the improvement has been gradual, but noticeable. I apply a chickpea-sized amount to skin that is still damp from the shower -- a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Snompi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this. It's the ONLY product I've used that helps clear up the odd pimples I get on my body.

Yes it's pricey, but I just use it on problem areas rather than my whole body and that makes it last longer. I haven't tried this on my face but after reading some suggestions here to do so I think I will see how that goes.

Have repurchased and will do so again. I hope this never gets discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This isn't cheap. I hate that we get charged more for PC products in the UK therefore making them expensive.

But anyway. This product is 10/10, fantastic. It is a lovely exfoliating moisturiser which leaves my skin bump free, spot free (great for people who get a little bacne, chestne) and soft and supple.

Can't fault this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is very multi tasking and will reduce the amount of bottles you will need to travel with. I will always repurchase this! It works for....

Keratosis pilaris: This has dramatically reduced the bumpy KP on my arms, as well as toning the redness of it down massively.

Ingrown hairs: This is a must have for preventing ingrown hairs. A full proof way I've found is to apply some 24 hours after (although it doesn't hurt at all putting it on straight after) hair removal, and do this for about 2 more days after that to exfoliate any dry or disrupted skin. Then when my hair begins to grow back I apply it once a day for 3-4 days to allow the hair to surface easily. This also slightly helps with redness after hair removal but I am waiting for the New CLINICAL Advanced Redness Relief to be released in the UK to fix that.

Uneven body skin: I have pale, translucent skin that's easily irritated into a blotchy state and find mechanical exfoliation enhances this, so I use the BHA treatment to even out my body skin gently but more thoroughly than a body brush can.

Dry feet: Applying this every other night under socks, in conjunction with a foot file and a heavy moisturizer, keeps dry dull feet skin at bay!

Blackheads: I have tried most of the BHA facial exfoliants Paula has to offer and although they were all effective for my spots, I could not find a balance of not drying out my sensitive skin while trying to remove my stubborn blackheads. Using this treatment on my face has been the best thing I've ever done for it. My rosacea is dramatically reduced and the blackheads are almost gone now after only using this on my face for a short time (I use the skin balancing mask and an extractor tool to help as well).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No