April 17, 2014 | 1070 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHA

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Snompi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this. It's the ONLY product I've used that helps clear up the odd pimples I get on my body.

Yes it's pricey, but I just use it on problem areas rather than my whole body and that makes it last longer. I haven't tried this on my face but after reading some suggestions here to do so I think I will see how that goes.

Have repurchased and will do so again. I hope this never gets discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This isn't cheap. I hate that we get charged more for PC products in the UK therefore making them expensive.

But anyway. This product is 10/10, fantastic. It is a lovely exfoliating moisturiser which leaves my skin bump free, spot free (great for people who get a little bacne, chestne) and soft and supple.

Can't fault this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is very multi tasking and will reduce the amount of bottles you will need to travel with. I will always repurchase this! It works for....

Keratosis pilaris: This has dramatically reduced the bumpy KP on my arms, as well as toning the redness of it down massively.

Ingrown hairs: This is a must have for preventing ingrown hairs. A full proof way I've found is to apply some 24 hours after (although it doesn't hurt at all putting it on straight after) hair removal, and do this for about 2 more days after that to exfoliate any dry or disrupted skin. Then when my hair begins to grow back I apply it once a day for 3-4 days to allow the hair to surface easily. This also slightly helps with redness after hair removal but I am waiting for the New CLINICAL Advanced Redness Relief to be released in the UK to fix that.

Uneven body skin: I have pale, translucent skin that's easily irritated into a blotchy state and find mechanical exfoliation enhances this, so I use the BHA treatment to even out my body skin gently but more thoroughly than a body brush can.

Dry feet: Applying this every other night under socks, in conjunction with a foot file and a heavy moisturizer, keeps dry dull feet skin at bay!

Blackheads: I have tried most of the BHA facial exfoliants Paula has to offer and although they were all effective for my spots, I could not find a balance of not drying out my sensitive skin while trying to remove my stubborn blackheads. Using this treatment on my face has been the best thing I've ever done for it. My rosacea is dramatically reduced and the blackheads are almost gone now after only using this on my face for a short time (I use the skin balancing mask and an extractor tool to help as well).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Glitterz484

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lotion is a great treatment for body acne or KP. I used it on back acne, and the very next morning it appeared less red . It also helps to keep KP on the backs of my arms under control. Also, the bottle lasts for quite a long time. I've continued to use it, and my back is now clear, and my KP has reduced considerably.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: No fragrance. Lovely very light but slightly creamy texture. Lots of antioxidants. BHA and salicylic acid for exfoliating and unclogging pores. Many use this on face too. Price is reasonable. No animal testing.

CONS: When trying to use on the face, unfortunately, I was one of the rare ones who had a bad reaction. I got red spots that became flaky. I must be allergic to something in it. This isn't a rich moisturizer; it's an exfoliator. If you want a lot of moisture, you'll need a lotion on top of this.

ALTERNATES: Paula's has a 2% BHA lotion which is very nice, but I only use it at night because it balls up under my spf, primer and foundation in morning. In morning, I use the CLEAR exfoliating toner (regular strength).

APPLICATION TIPS: Many use this on the face too (but that's where I got the red marks.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I waited a while before writing this review to be sure that it work. I use it everyday, at night, and I use Paula's choice AHA gel in the morning.

I have a lot of plugged follicles and also redness. Many of you will recognize this as KP. I've been searching for many years for a product that will actually make it go away, with no luck. I tried Eucerin, Spectro Gel, Seabucktorn..nothing helped! This product actually helped my KP, I have a lot less plugged follicles but I still have some left, plus it did nothing for the redness so my arm are really red, but with less clogged follicles. Overall it's a great product but not that great, still searching for my HG to make this KP go away.

I'll update if I see some more results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by enigmaID

I'm reviewing this as a face moisuriser- not for body. For the face, I give it 5 stars, as I wanted an affordable BHA option with antioxidants and no added colours or fragrance which was lightweight for my combination skin for use at night. In that regard, it shines.

It is packaged opaquely, in a long flat tube with a screw on lid, which the product "stands" on, making it easy to squeeze out what you need. While I generally prefer snap on lids, the screw on lid is not a deal breaker, as it seems to be more airtight.

The moisturiser itself is quite thin, slightly scented from the melon extract, (although this scent disappears quickly and is included as a skin benefiting ingredient than a fragrance) and can be spread easily, and absorbed quickly. I cannot review how this product layers under makeup as I exclusively use this as a night moisturiser, as this product would make your skin more sun sensitive (due to the exfoliation).

The benefits of this was not immediate- I saw a slow improvement with a reduction in the frequency and severity of my breakouts, and a general overall improvement in the texture, and brightness of my skin. This was over the course of 3 months. I also used Paula's Choice BHA 9 serum, and Acne.org's treatment.

However, as a body moisturiser, it's not emollient enough, and did not work for ingrown hairs. To be honest, the best remedy for ingrown hairs I have found is to go for laser hair removal- expensive, but worthwhile in the long run.

The amount (7oz) makes the price (a bit over $20, cheaper if you wait for a sale) very affordable for the face, but not so cheap for the body.

TL;DR: It's good, more for the face than the body, specifically for acne and blackhead concerns, as a lightweight moisturiser and is affordable to boot in comparison to other "treatment" skincare with similiar claims.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

This does help my KP but it makes my body skin so dry and itchy. I have to layer another lotion over the top.

Mine came in a tube with a screw off lid which is not the best when your hands are greased up.

I know reviewers do not want a reformulation of this but in my opinion this could definitely be improved to be more emollient and a little less harsh. It was great in it's heyday but could use some refinement for my maturing skin's tastes.

Will think twice about a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by melodysg

Among all Paula's bha products only this product I will buy again altho all her bha products are effective but this one has the best texture. I use this one on my face but not all-over, only as a spot treatment. Or sometimes on my nose to get-rid of blackheads. Very effective product which can get rid of my acnes if continue to use 2-3 days only at night. It is also a very strong product and making my skin peels, in a good way. The tube last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by MommyMar3

I used to love Paula's 2% BHA lotion for the face. I used it for years. It was great under make up and kept my skin clear and moisturized. Then they changed the formula so it was thick and pasty. For the past couple of years I have tried different exfoliants of Paula's but never liked one as much as that one. Well, recently I went back to read the reviews of that one just to see if they changed it back. They didn't and some were still complaining. In response to one of the complaints they suggested using this instead on the face. I immediately ordered it!! It seems just like my old BHA 2% face lotion! YAY! And in such a big tube-will last WAY longer than her RESIST AHA lotion which I had been using. I don't know why I didn't think of trying this on my face earlier-but now I am keeping my fingers crossed that they don't mess with this formula too!!