September 18, 2014 | 880 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHA

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE BUT I USED IT MULTIPLE TIMES.
Ugh...This is a middleweight lotion with no fragrance yet it smelled like a mixture of cucumber and dyhodroxyacetone; (just to assure anyone there is cucumber but no self tanner.) I believe it can potentially clog pores because of its cream texture but that is mere speculation. Dont exfoliate your skin before using this like I made the mistake of doing.The first time I used this it burned so bad that my forehead got irritated; my forehead almost never gets irritated!! It's really resistant to irritation but I could not deny the redness and pain ..although I did some mechanical exfoliation before applying it to remove the top portion of the blackhead and my guess is that was the trigger. It's worth noting that I used it again without exfoliating and it did not irritate my skin the second time. I would also like to point out that if someone has severely dry skin and acne this may be a lifesaver for you due to the bha content and its creaminess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the closest thing to a miracle product I have ever used. I've tried it for both face and body and it is wonderful for both.

BODY: When I first tried this out, it was to help with breakouts on my butt. It's kind of embarrassing, but I had had a fairly bumpy, pimply, KP-ish bum for years and I just didn't really know there were any products out there that would help with it. An (EX) boyfriend even mentioned it once, imagine my humiliation! I started by ordering three sample packets of this product so that I could test it long enough to potentially see results. I started applying once a day, every day, just a tiny little amount. A little went a long way, each sample packet lasted about a week. It had a wonderful, silky texture and absorbed quickly.

I started seeing results almost immediately. I have never seen an acne product act so quickly. By the end of the first packet, one of my bum cheeks was COMPLETELY CLEAR and the other was about half clear. I continued using it and my skin issue completely cleared up before I even made it through the second sample. The third only served to make my skin look better, smoother, and more even-toned overall. I immediately ordered a full size. Now that I've ramped up my workout routine I've started getting breakouts on my back again, and this product cleared that up really fast too. For body, I apply this just once a day to my bum and back/shoulder area and it keeps me almost 100% clear. It's not even a big deal if I miss a day or two. I also apply it to any area on the body where I happen to spontaneously get a pimple or breakout and it totally fixes the issue.

FACE: I only checked out reviews for this product after I had tried it for body and found out many women use it for their face, so I figured I'd try it. It is now my go-to daily exfoliant which I use morning and night on my face and neck. It wears beautifully under moisturizer, sunscreen, and makeup. The only other BHA exfoliant I had tried on my face before was Paula's 1% BHA lotion (went through a full bottle). That was good, but this is WAY better. I'm sure a lot of that is due to the higher concentration but I think the added ingredients such as moisturizers, anti-irritants, and anti-oxidants in the body exfoliant help as well, because my skin feels instantly soft and smooth and continued use has really made my face more glowing, luminous, and even-textured. I have not experienced any dryness or irritation as a side effect, so I think the other ingredients balance the BHA well. Additionally, I barely require any other acne product at all anymore; it does a good enough job at keeping my skin clear on its own. The only other time my skin was this clear was when I was on The Pill.

I believe it is worth it to buy this product for face over all of Paula's other "face" exfoliants because not only is it superior IMO, it is also much better bang for your buck. You get a much larger tube and it is ounce-to-ounce cheaper than buying one of the smaller face exfoliants. Get it when it's on sale and it's even better. Even if it's full price, this product is worth every penny.

Long story short: HG for life! On my second full tube now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by swirlingblacklily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Relatively $$$, but effective. I've been using this for about a month to clear up a breakout on my shoulders and upper back and the improvement has been gradual, but noticeable. I apply a chickpea-sized amount to skin that is still damp from the shower -- a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Snompi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this. It's the ONLY product I've used that helps clear up the odd pimples I get on my body.

Yes it's pricey, but I just use it on problem areas rather than my whole body and that makes it last longer. I haven't tried this on my face but after reading some suggestions here to do so I think I will see how that goes.

Have repurchased and will do so again. I hope this never gets discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This isn't cheap. I hate that we get charged more for PC products in the UK therefore making them expensive.

But anyway. This product is 10/10, fantastic. It is a lovely exfoliating moisturiser which leaves my skin bump free, spot free (great for people who get a little bacne, chestne) and soft and supple.

Can't fault this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is very multi tasking and will reduce the amount of bottles you will need to travel with. I will always repurchase this! It works for....

Keratosis pilaris: This has dramatically reduced the bumpy KP on my arms, as well as toning the redness of it down massively.

Ingrown hairs: This is a must have for preventing ingrown hairs. A full proof way I've found is to apply some 24 hours after (although it doesn't hurt at all putting it on straight after) hair removal, and do this for about 2 more days after that to exfoliate any dry or disrupted skin. Then when my hair begins to grow back I apply it once a day for 3-4 days to allow the hair to surface easily. This also slightly helps with redness after hair removal but I am waiting for the New CLINICAL Advanced Redness Relief to be released in the UK to fix that.

Uneven body skin: I have pale, translucent skin that's easily irritated into a blotchy state and find mechanical exfoliation enhances this, so I use the BHA treatment to even out my body skin gently but more thoroughly than a body brush can.

Dry feet: Applying this every other night under socks, in conjunction with a foot file and a heavy moisturizer, keeps dry dull feet skin at bay!

Blackheads: I have tried most of the BHA facial exfoliants Paula has to offer and although they were all effective for my spots, I could not find a balance of not drying out my sensitive skin while trying to remove my stubborn blackheads. Using this treatment on my face has been the best thing I've ever done for it. My rosacea is dramatically reduced and the blackheads are almost gone now after only using this on my face for a short time (I use the skin balancing mask and an extractor tool to help as well).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Glitterz484

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lotion is a great treatment for body acne or KP. I used it on back acne, and the very next morning it appeared less red . It also helps to keep KP on the backs of my arms under control. Also, the bottle lasts for quite a long time. I've continued to use it, and my back is now clear, and my KP has reduced considerably.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: No fragrance. Lovely very light but slightly creamy texture. Lots of antioxidants. BHA and salicylic acid for exfoliating and unclogging pores. Many use this on face too. Price is reasonable. No animal testing.

CONS: When trying to use on the face, unfortunately, I was one of the rare ones who had a bad reaction. I got red spots that became flaky. I must be allergic to something in it. This isn't a rich moisturizer; it's an exfoliator. If you want a lot of moisture, you'll need a lotion on top of this.

ALTERNATES: Paula's has a 2% BHA lotion which is very nice, but I only use it at night because it balls up under my spf, primer and foundation in morning. In morning, I use the CLEAR exfoliating toner (regular strength).

APPLICATION TIPS: Many use this on the face too (but that's where I got the red marks.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I waited a while before writing this review to be sure that it work. I use it everyday, at night, and I use Paula's choice AHA gel in the morning.

I have a lot of plugged follicles and also redness. Many of you will recognize this as KP. I've been searching for many years for a product that will actually make it go away, with no luck. I tried Eucerin, Spectro Gel, Seabucktorn..nothing helped! This product actually helped my KP, I have a lot less plugged follicles but I still have some left, plus it did nothing for the redness so my arm are really red, but with less clogged follicles. Overall it's a great product but not that great, still searching for my HG to make this KP go away.

I'll update if I see some more results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by enigmaID

I'm reviewing this as a face moisuriser- not for body. For the face, I give it 5 stars, as I wanted an affordable BHA option with antioxidants and no added colours or fragrance which was lightweight for my combination skin for use at night. In that regard, it shines.

It is packaged opaquely, in a long flat tube with a screw on lid, which the product "stands" on, making it easy to squeeze out what you need. While I generally prefer snap on lids, the screw on lid is not a deal breaker, as it seems to be more airtight.

The moisturiser itself is quite thin, slightly scented from the melon extract, (although this scent disappears quickly and is included as a skin benefiting ingredient than a fragrance) and can be spread easily, and absorbed quickly. I cannot review how this product layers under makeup as I exclusively use this as a night moisturiser, as this product would make your skin more sun sensitive (due to the exfoliation).

The benefits of this was not immediate- I saw a slow improvement with a reduction in the frequency and severity of my breakouts, and a general overall improvement in the texture, and brightness of my skin. This was over the course of 3 months. I also used Paula's Choice BHA 9 serum, and Acne.org's treatment.

However, as a body moisturiser, it's not emollient enough, and did not work for ingrown hairs. To be honest, the best remedy for ingrown hairs I have found is to go for laser hair removal- expensive, but worthwhile in the long run.

The amount (7oz) makes the price (a bit over $20, cheaper if you wait for a sale) very affordable for the face, but not so cheap for the body.

TL;DR: It's good, more for the face than the body, specifically for acne and blackhead concerns, as a lightweight moisturiser and is affordable to boot in comparison to other "treatment" skincare with similiar claims.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No