Paula's Choice RESIST Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHA

4.2

Not tested on animals

2010 FORMULA: Water, Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Cetyl Alcohol (thickener), PPG-14 Butyl Ether (thickener), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Tocopheryl Acetate (antioxidant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willow Herb) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract (anti-irritants), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract (antioxidants), Bisabolol, Allantoin (anti-irritants), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethiconol (silicone slip agents/texture enhancers), PEG-40 Stearate (thickener), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Polysorbate 20 (solubolizing agent), PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Polyacrylamide (film-forming agents), C13-14 Isoparaffin (thickener), Laureth-7 (emulsifier), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Hexylene Glycol (solvent), Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Ethyhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent), Phenoxyethanol, (preservative).

As other reviewers have said, this product seems to be a hit or a miss for KP sufferers. For me, it was a complete miss. I won't go as far as to say it made my KP worse, but my KP is now redder and more obvious. This could however be because I have stopped my previous routine in order to use this product as my moisturizer instead.

I will now go back to my successful routine which I only abandoned in search of a complete cure, however I reckon my old routine is as close as you can get with KP. I use St Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub every 2nd day on the affected areas, I have stopped using soap (this was the BIGGEST change) and instead use L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil every day, and moisturise my whole body with Sympathy For The Skin from Lush. After many years of perfecting this routine I think I'll just stand by it now :)

I ordered this product based on the reviews here and I LOVE it! I used the $10 coupon that was posted here and now I am passing it on :) just copy and paste the link for $10 off your next order of $15 or more which makes the lotion $15!!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product seems to be a hit or miss for a few people but it is a big hit for me. It's the only thing that has diminished my KP. I bought the 2% BHA liquid for my face about two months ago and it worked wonderfully, so I decided to to buy the body treatment for my KP and minor acne.

The body treatment feels like a regular lotion. It's not too runny, yet not too thick. If you're looking for something super moisturizing, PC has clinical body butter and lotions, AHA body treatments, etc. This product honestly may not quench very dry skin. This product moisturizes well enough, dries quickly, and makes the skin feel smooth. This is hard to find for a KP treatment. I've tried AmLactin, which smells awful and did absolutely nothing for my KP. I've also tried Gold Bond Rough and Bumpy, which is affordable and did diminish the look of my KP slightly, but did nothing for the texture of my KP, smelled like glue, and remained tacky on the skin. GB is also in a tub, which is unhygienic. The 2% BHA body treatment smells similar at first, but then the smell is replaced by a slightly fruity smell, and then dissipates all together. The smell is strange, but not unpleasant and leaves quickly. I can't really comment on the product's anti-aging properties since I am still in my 20's.

Quick tip: Use right after a shower, while your skin is still wet/damp. It spreads more easily and you use less product. Also, if you have normal to dry skin and have tried or think the 2% BHA liquid or gel is too light to use on your face then this is a GREAT replacement for the 2% BHA face lotion. I have oily/combo skin so my skin agrees with the liquid and gel more than the PC 2% BHA lotion, but my sister uses the body treatment on her face. She used to use the lotion designed for the face but here you get 7oz for $25 while the 2% BHA face lotion costs $28 for 3.3 oz. You get way more bang for your buck using the body treatment and it is just as effective.

If you feel like trying out any of the PC products, I have a discount link below. It takes you directly to the PC site and gives you a $10 discount (as well as gives me a discount on my next purchase if you use my code). You can also pair it with 1-2 other discount links if you can find them online. They are always floating around.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This BHA=salicylic acid lotion and the PC AHA body lotion worked wonders for my bacne! I really love this lotion! You really need a SPF after using PC AHA/BHA products though! I live in Florida and the sun really burned my the skin on my back which happend rarely before. I put the lotion on my back after taking a shower and it skins into the skin after a few minutes. This stuff is a bit expensive but you can always order samples first to see if it works for you!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Originally I bought this for a severe case of arm acne, but that as resolved itself thank god. Now I use this on my face when my skin has a spotty period (blast those hormones!). It always helps a lot, spots don't become too inflamed, they dry out sooner and it helps a lot with preventing them. I use this in the evening before I go to bed and layer it on top of an exfoliant toner containing BHA and LRP Effaclar Duo +.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My HG for the bacne I sometimes get as a result of hair products - I seem to react to certain ingredients that I have yet to identify. It smooths and calms down itchy and angry bumps. The price point is not bad at all, considering how little I need. I use this twice per week most of the year, except in summer when I tend to skip it in order not to make my skin to sensitive to the sun.

Bought this treatment cream with the hope of curing KP on my arms. No such luck. I have finished the whole tube and although my skin did feel a bit smoother it didn't eliminate bumps or redness. Won't be repurchasing.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the ONLY product that has ever gotten rid of my bacne and I've tried all the body acne treatment you can imagine. I've had horrible bacne with tons of clogged pores and blackheads since I was 11 and this helped tremendously. At first I wasn't expecting much but I can finally wear clothes that reveal my back. My skin did take some time getting used to the lotion. When I first used it, it made my neck and lower back itchy but that has stopped.

I did also try this for my face too and it worked in the beginning but then the clogged pores came back. Not sure what happened but I guess it stopped working for my face.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Why say it cures KP? What a joke. My legs look no different. I have been using this for one week now and I might as well not use it at all. My legs feel and look no different. I will finish this lotion but think I should get my money back if no results. Worst of any products for the price. I have taken pics and nothing. I will update if and when I finish this bottle.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I HAD THE SAMPLE BUT I USED IT MULTIPLE TIMES.
Ugh...This is a middleweight lotion with no fragrance yet it smelled like a mixture of cucumber and dyhodroxyacetone; (just to assure anyone there is cucumber but no self tanner.) I believe it can potentially clog pores because of its cream texture but that is mere speculation. Dont exfoliate your skin before using this like I made the mistake of doing.The first time I used this it burned so bad that my forehead got irritated; my forehead almost never gets irritated!! It's really resistant to irritation but I could not deny the redness and pain ..although I did some mechanical exfoliation before applying it to remove the top portion of the blackhead and my guess is that was the trigger. It's worth noting that I used it again without exfoliating and it did not irritate my skin the second time. I would also like to point out that if someone has severely dry skin and acne this may be a lifesaver for you due to the bha content and its creaminess.