July 29, 2014 | 1887 users online

Loose Powders - Bare Escentuals - Mineral Veil

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by leanneladybug24

My skin reacts to pretty much every kind of foundation/powder going. This was my last ditch attempt at finding something that would look nice, cover some small spots/scars and not react on my skin. Within ten minutes of this being on my face was itching like crazy. I had to wash it off straight away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Got a sample of this in a kit I bought and I love it and will buy a full size.

I'm an oily girl and I feel like this, in combination with the matte mineral foundation, does the best job of any foundation I've used at controlling oil. Some oil still peeks through, but it looks more like a healthy glow than an oil slick (which is what ends up happening when I go Au natural).

I'm allergic to silicone and can't use a lot of products because of it. This does not irritate my skin or break me out. I think it does a great job at setting under-eye concealer, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by willowyv

This stuff is amazing, I have used all high end powders and this one and the MAC blot powder are definitely my top choices. I like this one because is free from nasty ingredients so I use it everyday. It really makes my skin matte and I love the compact version too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

BareMinerals is the reason I got into the makeup game, with the swirl-tap-buff jingle stuck in my mind like a chorus! Their original foundation is the best.

Anyhow, I'll be reviewing the Mineral Veil, which I've never touched until recently - I gravitate toward more lower end/cheaper setting powders, which work just as well as higher-end ones. I bought the superultramegadeluxe holiday size of 24g from ULTA for $34 after taxes. That comes to about... 4x the product for 1.75x the price, which I guess isn't too bad. (I don't know why I splurged on a deluxe size when it was my first time buying it!)

I apply Mineral Veil to liquid/cream foundations with a kabuki brush (I wonder what it would look like on top of the BM foundation???) and it sets wonderfully - I give my face a touch test to see if the foundation is set and a slightly "powdery dry" feeling is most acceptable. This powder DOES give off a pinkish-grayish cast, however, and I'm surprised BM hasn't formulated Mineral Veil with different undertones like their newer foundations. Despite that, I love the blurred look the veil gives me - it doesn't settle into pores, and almost erases them.

It hasn't broken me out like a few other translucent powders (NYC Color, Too Faced, to name a few) so that's also another plus. c:

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this in a bare minerals try-it kit from ulta. At first I was iffy about using bare minerals at all, but as soon as I put on the mineral veil I was hooked!!!

I've been using a tiny sample jar for over a month now and I can't wait to buy the full size. I have really bad skin with severe scarring and this definitely helps me hide my flaws a little better. I use it along with a bb cream and a pressed mineral powder and it helps me achieve a nice look.

The price point is right for how great this makes your skin look and feel. I love how weightless it is and how well it sets my makeup. I don't see myself switching to a different setting powder after FINALLY coming across my new HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

This is too expensive for what you get!! Mine got used up so quickly too, I had the full sized container purchased separately from the B/M foundation, but it lasts less than 2 mos. of wearing on a daily basis. I like to apply this w my elf kabuki rather than the B/M brush. This product goes well with the B/M foundation, I cannot imagine wearing this with any other foundations, I don't know if this would be useful without their brand foundation applied 1st.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Kemmae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not a huge fan of this mineral veil. When I put it on over my foundation to set my face, I feel that it gives me a whiteish cast to my yellow undertoned skin. Not very flattering. And it's pretty pricey for what amount you get. However, I recently tried the Wayne Goss method of putting powder underneath my foundation and it works pretty well for that. Makes my foundation last much longer than it would over my foundation. I still can't justify the price to buy it again, not when there are other alternative such as Everyday Minerals that would do the job just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Dee2014

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been using Bare Mineral Veil for years!! I've tried the original, hydrating and SPF. They don't sell it in mya country so i have to stock them up evrytime go overseas. Pretty pricey but i'm happy with the product. It's talc en fragrance free, doesn't irritate skin or create blemishes. My doctor recommended for me years ago after i had a major breakout (first time in 30yrs of my life due to stress). I use it with brush, to give a very natural finished. Use them on top of my sunblock and voila, create a no shine layer but without the drying effect. I never use compact powder so this is definitely my HG. Bring it everywhere. Haven't found any better loose powder that can replace this so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by missmarr

Horrible! I had used it in the past and thought I'd give it another try but this second time was definitely not a charm!! I used it for a couple of days and started noticing very big cystic pimples forming onto my face, which I never get. This product broke me out ridiculously! I would not recommend it to anyone with acne prone skin or even sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Sianxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic powder to set your foundation with. I have this in the original version, which is meant to be translucent, but I think it adds the tiniest bit of extra colour to my face. The only major downside to this loose powder is the packaging. It has the worst packaging I have ever experienced with make up. The holes are too big and too much powder comes out everytime I tap the base lightly... which means I am wasting product as I don't want to overload my face with the excess product. A tiny positive for the packaging is that it locks quite well when you turn the lid so nothing will fall out if you were to travel around with it. I would re-buy this product as it is fairly cheap (being $25.95 in Australia) compared to other make up brands we have. I would love to give this product 5 stars but due to the packaging being a massive let down I have only given it 4.