November 25, 2014 | 1863 users online

Loose Powders - Bare Escentuals - Mineral Veil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by KatrinaEntwistleDean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Mineral Veil is an absolutely gorgeous translucent setting powder.

It keeps your makeup in place all day and smoothes out your skin for the perfect flawless look!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Mckinleykulman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this as a setting powder after I have applied all my makeup. It goes on smoothly and gives my skin a healthy glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by andreeadriana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had a sample of this a few years ago and I remember being really impressed with it. It does give a certain glow and it unifies my skin tone but overall now, trying it the second time, I'm not too impressed. It feels too starchy on my face, I wish the powder was finer. Also, it only seems to last a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by siruhi

Oh my gosh...This is amazing product! I mean the original mineral veil.Before I purchased this,I read reviews on these Bare Minerals Veil products.In every place there were people saying the original is much different than these others(for example tinted or illuminating veil) So I got this Original one and I'm really impressed.I mean when I first wore this with Loreal True Match Foundation in N1 and under it I had Laura Geller Spackle primer,it was a success.My skin just kept shine free an hour after hour,at least 8 hours,and still flawless looking skin.Normally every powder will not last more than 5 hours,and the finish they give(before I've used Maybelline Dream Matte powder which is best compact powder) is different.BM Original Mineral Veil gives me flawless looking skin,best applied with BM Full Flawless Face Brush,with that brush it's easier to get the powder from the jar. The jar makes a little mess,but I can really handle that with this product. I'm sooo happy I got this, 10 of 10 !!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by taylormcgrath17

I really did want to love this product but I just like it. The way this product is packaged is not terrible its just easy to make a mess with. Its hard to get the perfect amount of product on your brush as well. The product itself is nice and does the job but if you put too much you look ghosty. I like to use this product if i want to mattify my face without looking cakey.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I really wanted to work and help keep shine at bay but instead BE products make my skin much more greasy. I did not find this to be special at all compared to other products and even though it is supposed to be translucent I do see cast to the skin no matter who I have seen use it. It did not set my makeup well and looked cakey and even dry once in a while. I would need to use a whole lot of this through out the day with blotting sheets to keep the shine at bay with BE products.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by leanneladybug24

My skin reacts to pretty much every kind of foundation/powder going. This was my last ditch attempt at finding something that would look nice, cover some small spots/scars and not react on my skin. Within ten minutes of this being on my face was itching like crazy. I had to wash it off straight away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Got a sample of this in a kit I bought and I love it and will buy a full size.

I'm an oily girl and I feel like this, in combination with the matte mineral foundation, does the best job of any foundation I've used at controlling oil. Some oil still peeks through, but it looks more like a healthy glow than an oil slick (which is what ends up happening when I go Au natural).

I'm allergic to silicone and can't use a lot of products because of it. This does not irritate my skin or break me out. I think it does a great job at setting under-eye concealer, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by willowyv

This stuff is amazing, I have used all high end powders and this one and the MAC blot powder are definitely my top choices. I like this one because is free from nasty ingredients so I use it everyday. It really makes my skin matte and I love the compact version too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

BareMinerals is the reason I got into the makeup game, with the swirl-tap-buff jingle stuck in my mind like a chorus! Their original foundation is the best.

Anyhow, I'll be reviewing the Mineral Veil, which I've never touched until recently - I gravitate toward more lower end/cheaper setting powders, which work just as well as higher-end ones. I bought the superultramegadeluxe holiday size of 24g from ULTA for $34 after taxes. That comes to about... 4x the product for 1.75x the price, which I guess isn't too bad. (I don't know why I splurged on a deluxe size when it was my first time buying it!)

I apply Mineral Veil to liquid/cream foundations with a kabuki brush (I wonder what it would look like on top of the BM foundation???) and it sets wonderfully - I give my face a touch test to see if the foundation is set and a slightly "powdery dry" feeling is most acceptable. This powder DOES give off a pinkish-grayish cast, however, and I'm surprised BM hasn't formulated Mineral Veil with different undertones like their newer foundations. Despite that, I love the blurred look the veil gives me - it doesn't settle into pores, and almost erases them.

It hasn't broken me out like a few other translucent powders (NYC Color, Too Faced, to name a few) so that's also another plus. c: