February 27, 2015 | 966 users online

Loose Powders - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2015 9:40:00 PM More reviews by blancopanda920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

sets my foundation and concealer but doesn't add any extra coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2015 5:47:00 PM More reviews by HollyKat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Ive just repurchased.

It gives a silky look to your skin. It is light and does not cake. It is also not obvious you are wearing powder and does not cling to dry patches.

Note: if you have oily skin, this will only matte it very slightly so I wouldnt recommend to you(with oily skin).

It is gentle and I have not reacted or broken out because of it (which happens to me A LOT)

Packaging? Bit hard to open the first time but once you get it pen it is perfect.

Price? Worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2015 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Ilickoreos

I'm not entirely sure what went wrong with this product, but I don't feel like it ever absorbed any excess oils on my face. Compared to other finishing powders, I found that I had to continually touch up with this stuff throughout the day because I could feel my foundation still sliding on my face. I hate having to do so many touchups during the day, especially since my face flakes pretty easily and this is a higher end product which, of course, is not cheap. Maybe this product works better along side the BareMinerals foundation and powders. I used a Mac powder as well as a Kat Von D Foundation under this mineral veil and found the results were the same. My makeup would still slide off my face around the 2 hour mark even with this product on. I would suggest maybe using this product along with the BareMinerals foundations/powder and see for yourself if the combination of the two work. As for this, I will be returning.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2015 7:34:00 AM More reviews by divaqueen89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh, Mineral Veil. I've tried to replace you so many times, because paying 20 for an ounce of glorified cornstarch is pretty painful, but nothing is quite as good. Yes, I have tried putting cornstarch on my ultra-oily face as setting powder, no it did not work! :)

Does exactly what it says it will--sets your foundation beautifully, blurs imperfections and generally makes your face look 100x better. Back when my skin was perfect on the magic-beauty-pill that nearly killed me (Yasmin) I used this alone over moisturizer with a little blush on top and my skin looked stunning.

Now I use it either over Dr. Jart Black Label Detox BB Cream (not loving that product as it is hard to source and quite greasy but it matches well and doesn't break me out) or Estee Lauder DoubleWear and it makes both look a zillion times better. Recommend but jaysus, if it were a little cheaper I'd be thrilled.

If you haven't used it since the Bare Minerals craze in the aughts, they've improved the packaging significantly, there are only 4 holes and you can seal them off (kind of like a salt shaker) so you can travel with it and better control the amount of product that comes out, no more having half the product in the lid at all times!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2015 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Newyork1995

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Had such high hopes for this product. This powder comes off a little orange on me in the natural light. Also makes skin look really cakey. Definitely wouldn't buy this again as not the cheapest product!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by crazyging

Am I missing something here??? I find this product makes my foundation look dry and cakey. Im using the original one with SPF, applying as instructed and it does feel nice, but make smy foundation look flaky like its separating. I've tried with 2 different foundations so far, one that is very oily, same result. Pretty disappointed. Ill try it again after exfoliating tomorrow but so far my favorite is by far Revlon Aqua (discontinued)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG finishing powder! Blurs all your imperfections and absorbs. Plus you do not have to touch up throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Sarita88

This is my HG of finishing powders. This stuff is amazing, makes my skin look gorgeous Andy foundation stays on at least twice as much than when I'm not wearing it. Tried it at first with a sample and loved it so much I just repurchased a full size one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by KatrinaEntwistleDean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Mineral Veil is an absolutely gorgeous translucent setting powder.

It keeps your makeup in place all day and smoothes out your skin for the perfect flawless look!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Mckinleykulman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this as a setting powder after I have applied all my makeup. It goes on smoothly and gives my skin a healthy glow.