BeneFit Cosmetics Silk Pencil Lip Liner 'Smolder'

4.8

on 5/28/2009 11:57:00 AM

OMG! This is hands down the best lip liner, for me, that I have ever tried! It creates the perfect nude mouth that I like and works with all of my favorite lip glosses and lipsticks. It is smooth..........................goes on so nicely. It is a bit spendy but I would pay the price for sure. They have discontinued it.........I am heartbroken. I have a few but am looking to stock up on any I can find. I hope I can find a dupe for the color!

on 9/10/2008 2:33:00 PM

My friend sent me this lipliner, and I have to be honest: I didn't use it for months because the color tip on the end made it look SO dark. I thought it was that type of deep brown liner that always make the lips look "ringed" regardless of how dark the lipstick color is. Recently I tried it again, on a whim, and flagellated myself for dismissing it so unfairly before. Smolder has a fair amount of greyish taupe in it, so it applies as a deep nudish mauve and looks good with colors ranging from light-to-medium pink, all the way down to deep plum. The color is muted, not saturated and vibrant, so it looks natural. I love it with Clinique Black Honey gloss.

This has been a staple for me for a few years now. I really think this could work for anyone. It's a very neautral brownish purple. It's great for achieving the "nude" lip look, and I also like to use it to tone down colors that are too bright. The staying power is very good, and it always looks natural. It's a bit pricey considering what I like to spend on makeup, but one liner can last me almost two years, and you just can't beat the quality. Unfortunately, I think this has been d/c because I'm having trouble finding it. I'll continue to purchase this as long as I'm still able to find it. :)

on 6/8/2005 1:52:00 PM

This has been absolute favorite liner for years. The color is a smokey plum/brown - and it goes with just about everything. It can tone down something too pink. I like to wear it alone - I line around - and then add a clear balm (I love Mary Kay Lip Balm) and blend it together. It leaves the prettiest natural color that lasts for awhile.

on 1/4/2005 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this lipliner. I always reach for it when wearing plummy colors. However, I haven't been able to find it. I hope it's not discontinued because I haven't found anything like it in any other lines.
It's always the color I reach for when I'm just wearing a slick of gloss too.

on 11/30/2004 3:00:00 PM

This is the l/l I reach for most! The color looks dark and can be intimidating. When applied you can use the smudger on the end to lighten up the l/l. I use this with almost every color of l/s and l/g. It is long lasting and smooth.

on 5/9/2002 9:06:00 AM

Great color - very versatile and long lasting, even looks good all over lips with a touch of gloss for all-day color. One of my most used liners!

on 12/19/2001 6:23:00 PM

This is my most used lipliner. It seems to go with almost everything and especially with those colors that you buy and are too bright. My description would be that it is a dark nude. I've already had to rebuy it 3 times and haven't found anything else like it.

on 7/16/2001 11:14:00 AM

This is a smooth even lipliner that has great staying power! A darker purple mauvey color that is just beautiful!

Popular Lip Liners