April 18, 2014 | 1781 users online

Lip Treatments - Too Faced - Lip Injection

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample along with a mini eyeshadow insurance and poreless primer when i bought something from Ulta.
This product not only plumped my lips but also the area around them. I felt it produced a trout pout look but luckily that died down after about 15 minutes to just a bit of plumping. The upside is that the product plumps, but the downside is too much for someone like me who doesn't really need a plumper enough to put up with 1) the stinging , 2) the redness, 3) the way too shiny look this gives my lips and 4) the scent which was very fake and chemical. I might feel different if I felt I truly needed a plumper.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Hayjimmay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It just turned my lips red like I've been drinking fruit punch. Doesn't work very well for the price. $22 at Ulta

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by lisamarie11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I give this product a 3 because it does sting and make your lips a little full but it didn't last very long. My lips stayed full for about 10 min. It does what it said it would do just not long enough. I'm hoping to try the extreme one to see if that's improved.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

This product is an irratant to make your lips seem bigger, it does irratate your lips but it wont make you lips bigger just puffy, instead of becoming thicker they but stick out looking like horrible fake shapeless lips, looks like a vacum has sucked your mouth!

I already have quite big lips, but i wanted bigger but this doesnt do anything, it just hurts and causes your lips to puff up, look elsewear if you want big lips.

If your lips are thin this is going to look awful!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

I got this as a sample, and still have the original tube. This stuff compared to it's sister product (Lip Injection Extreme) is crap. It's sticky and really burns and does not moisturize at all. If you are seeking this product, I recommend the Extreme over this to anyone (see my review of that if you are curious). And like it's similar counterpart, the tube leaks everywhere, and this version seems to be more difficult to clean up.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my ultimate plumping lip gloss and possibly one of my favourite products of all time. I used it when i was pretty unhappy with how my lips werent particularly plumped! I used this and after a quite uncomfortable tingle (beauty is pain!) i had amazing plumped lips, the only downfall to this product is your lips get very red which makes it hard to put a lipstick etc over it without still having a red undertone but this is amazing. Like i said though if you can't handle a bit of uncomfortable stinging for beautiful lips, i wouldnt recommend this to you.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I use this once in a while when i'm going out. It works for me; gives my lips a little bit of plump, makes them slightly red, and lasts for quite a while!
This plumper has a kinda sweet mint candy smell. Not too strong.
I usually apply, let it do it's magic, remove, and then put on a lipstick or gloss.
Be careful not to get this outside of your lips, it will make your skin red and make your lips look chapped!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

Bottom Line: This worked for me. It definitely plumped my lips, and I have pretty full lips as it is. Of course, that also means you have to put up with the unpleasant stinging sensation. If you can hold out for the 2-3 minutes for it to go away, though, it gives great results. The kind I have (which is the one pictured) is just a clear gloss. It's a little pricey though, and of course there's some discomfort involved, so I wouldn't use it every day or anything. This is more of a special occasion, I-wanna-look-sexy-tonight kind of product for me. For that, it's great-but definitely not an everyday item. It's a decent value for the amount of product you get, too. Plus, the packaging is nice. That's always a sweet bonus!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'd heard good things about this brand for lip plumping so when I found this in TKmaxx for 5.99 GBP I went ahead and tried it. I hadn't tried a gloss lip plumper before and to be honest I don't think I would now be interested in trying one again. I'm not really a gloss person anyway, as I find it far too sticky, awkward for eating and kissing etc. I don't find the effect to be that great for the damage it ultimately does to your lips (see reviewer's below explanation). This isn't for long term use. As a skincare fanatic I think I'll just stick to what is good for my lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by MissElaPasion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Hello Ladies... Please be cautioned about using lip plumpers!!!

ESP. this one. For years, I swore by this product & it's sister product Too Faced Lip Injection EXTREME. I never really had big lips my whole life so this was awesome. When I first tried it, I was hooked. I got that a poofy pout that I'd never had before. So I used it for a long time as long as I could afford it.. What it does is that there are actually extracts from peppers in it. The ingredient is Capsicum Frutescens Resin... which comes from Capsaicin, the chemical in peppers that makes them spicy!!

These extracts will widen the blood vessels in the lips and therefore stimulating blood flow (which explain the stinging sensation.) It will cause a mild INFLAMMATORY response to the Capsicum Frutescens Resin. Yes... I said INFLAMMATION, like the kind you get when you eat something you are allergic to. This is why the lips do get plump and luscious. So yes... it does do the job it sets out to do.... BUT THERE IS A PRICE.

As with any inflammatory reaction, the body will of course try to negate that through healing. (ON A SIDE NOTE, during allergy season this plumper would not work as well, and I couldn't figure out why. It's because of the ANTI-INFLAMMATORIES in the meds.) Anyways... moving on... The body is an incredible, well-oiled machine and it will repair the slight "damage" cause by the reactant (Capsicum Frutescens Resin). When used repeatedly over time, your lips will lose it's own volume and you will need to use it more and more. This is because your body will just continue to heal inflamed blood vessels over and over. Just like a scab that keeps getting picked, the skin will get worse and worse until there is a scar. After using this for a few years, (and being too vain about my lips to figure it out,) my lips were thin, lifeless, and even lost some if it's natural pink luster. They became darker due to the microscopic damage in my lips. It's taken 2 years for my lips to finally look normal.

Like I said earlier, just use caution when using this. If you use it all the time... then you will cause a lot of damage. This product DOES work... almost too well. But just like how anything in life sounds too good to be true, just think about the long-term effects.

I would reccomend this lip plumper only be used for very special occasions. Like very special... but remember to exfoliate, moisturize and give your lips some tender-loving care the week after. Also, if you are wearing it, don't forget you are! Because your boyfriend won't like it when you kiss him and his lips start stinging!!!! lol!

10 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No