November 23, 2014 | 971 users online

Highlighters - Hard Candy - Bling Bling & Bling Base

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2007 9:11:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this at Tjmaxx on super markdown clearance for $2 for two pots: one in sapphire and the other in canary.
I thought that was a reasonable price for this seemingly useless item.

I can't figure out how to use it. The pot of black and nude creamy stuff [what fixes the glitter to your skin, obviously] is hard to get out and doesn't blend well.
The glitter is cool, but I can't figure out how to get it out of the sifter pot and on a brush without wasting alot of it!!

I think I'll figure out how to use this eventually, and the price was good.
But for $16 regular price, I think you'd have to be an idiot to buy this. You can get fine glitter at the craft store and use some vaseline and get the same effect. And there are also some cheapo brands at places like walmart that have similar products (and probably similar quality, lol!)

So, if you like glitter and happen to find this on the clearance rack at Tjmaxx, go buy it. But don't bother paying full price for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2005 1:49:00 AM More reviews by s3dated

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Simple. The black cream base is not black enough, and creases throughout the day. I have no use for the nude, perhaps I will if I decide to use the glitter alone (without the black). I never use the glitter however, it is messy, and the color (Sapphire) turned out to be against my liking. So I only make use of the black base, because that is one of the only black cream shadows that I own.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2005 10:09:00 PM More reviews by satine112

I absolutely love this stuff. It is perfect for that "eye catching " look. You MUST use a stiff angle brush (synthetic bristles) to apply or it won't look nice. If you use it properly, with the right tools, this will be your HG night out eye look. I have it in Ruby and amythest and i LOVE it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2005 6:31:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

I like this product! I love glitter so it immediately caught my eye when I saw it in the store. I have the Diamond and the Amethyst. I wish that the base was a little better, it is hard to blend and the black isn't very dark. The main problem I find with this product is you have to store it upright or the glitter spills into the top. The next time you open it you have a big mess and the product is wasted!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2004 12:33:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this product in the "Diamond" shade, and I LOVE it!
Like the other reviewers, though, I am not sold on either the dark or the sheer base.
However, this is not a problem for me, since I usually use the glitter alone, and mixed with clear lip gloss for a glittery finish. "Diamond" complements any shade of lipcolor, and imparts a wonderfully shimmery but not glaring finish. It is a little pricey for the amount that you get.
It is as good as Tony & Tina's Cosmic Lights; I only wish the glitter was sold alone, and in large jars, like Cosmic Lights.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2004 4:05:00 PM More reviews by porkypine

I bought the Bling Bling in Emerald. This is basically Hard Candy’s version of the GirlActick glitter liner sets. I like it, but I am still trying to get the hang of it, just like I am with the GirlActick. I feel like you need a stiff brush to get a smooth, thick line that will hold a solid amount of glitter (the look I want.) I tried using my finger to smooth a thin layer of base across my eyelids, but that only allowed small bits of glitter to stick in a scattered fashion. This is the same look I would get using Vaseline or plain glitter gels. Emerald is a very light spring green shade, not a rich Emerald shade like I thought. One problem – the base and glitter can be separated into two separate jars. But the sifter of the glitter jar is flush with the top – i.e. there is no dip for the glitter to settle in once you open it. This means the glitter often spills off the edges and gets caught up in the screw top mechanism. What a waste. This item therefore cannot be carried in your purse – it must be stored upright on a shelf! Also, there is a miniscule amount of glitter. If you like to concept I would suggest the GirlActick glitters instead. They have a wider color selection, and separate light and dark bases. They can be found on Sephora.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2004 2:12:00 AM More reviews by haloinrverse

this product is absolutely asinine and overpriced. its a stack of two pots. the bottom has two colors of base: black and nude/tan. the top has a sifter jar of loose glitter.
its nearly impossible to use the base without mixing the two colors together. the black shade does not go on evenly, and it looks terrible. major creasing.
the glitter is comparable to any other glitter, but similar colors can be found elsewhere. i usually love hard candys cosmetics, but they lost me on this messy, uselessly gimmicky product. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2004 10:20:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just saw this and had to have it. It is glitter in one side and base on the other. The base works really good and the colors of the glitter are amazing. I got amethyst a shimmery purple. It looks so pretty. I am a glitter kinda girl so it was perfect for me. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2004 2:52:00 AM More reviews by chiarascura

Just brought this home from Sephora and had to write about it! This is a new product Hard Candy came out with. It's a glitter, but unlike other glitters on the market, this comes with its own base. Most miraculously, this base actually seems to work - it's sticky, and the glitter adheres wonderfully. There are actually two base colors in the pot - one is sheer skin-colored and one is black. (Bonus - the black can be used as a cream eyeliner in a pinch!). The packaging is nice, but imperfect - the glitter and the base can be stacked together, or separated (each has its own lid), which is good. There is a sifter on the jar of glitter, which is good, but I do wish it were removeable - also, there is no partition between the black base and the light base, which could potentially mean major color-mixing in the future. What really sold me, though, was the glitter's fineness - I would compare it to Tony & Tina's Cosmic Lights and the MAC Reflects . . . pigments. This comes in several fun colors - I got Diamond, which is white with rainbow shimmer. It's GORGEOUS - glints in every color, really eye-catching. My biggest gripe is the quantity of this stuff. For $16, you get only a little glitter - less than a quarter of a Tony & Tina's jar ($12). You get considerably more base than glitter, which strikes me as odd, since you don't need much base per application, and will definitely run out of glitter before you run out of base. Still - if you're a glitter-addict like me, it's almost worth the purchase just for the terrific base!