MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Gold Deposit (Rococo)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I paid a dollar for this because I used the gift checks I received as Christmas presents, otherwise I would have shelled out $45 for this in my country.

I am a Filipina with NC35 skin. The product I got came in the new packaging which is sturdier than the old one (magnetic closure is not so convenient when your hands are slippery with lotion).

The formula powdery and does come with a lot of glitter. However it does not seem so glittery when buffed in with a brush. I dont mind the glitter because it goes beautifully with my skin color. This photographs beautifully in sunlight, it was as if there was a golden morning light on my face. Very pretty.

The formula is not as fine as Becca's highlighters, but it is more travel friendly than Becca's pressed powders which are very soft. If you are scared of glitter, go for Becca's highlighters, but this MAC MSF is also gonna get a lot of loving form me because the color is just so beautiful and works so well with my skin.

I don't think this will work well with fair skinned ladies, but for medium skin to dark skin ladies this will look very wonderful, especially those with warm undertones.

Compared with BETTY LOU MANIZER this is true golden color. Betty is more brown. I can use the gold deposit alone or on top of Betty Lou.

As to application, I used a fluffy brush to apply over my cheeks and temples. Would not put this on my Cupid's Bow because it would be too OTT. But over all, this is such a nice golden cheek color to wear :)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hearing all the rave reviews I expected a lot more out of gold deposit. In my opinion it just looks like chunky gold glitter it doesn't give one of those nice sheer luminous glows I aim to achieve. A little goes a long way. And the new packaging is really annoying as it is a pain to open especially if you just applied cream or your hands are sweaty or sticky. I wouldn't particularly reccomend as there are much nicer cheaper highlighters like the highlighter and bronzer in the sleek face form is lifeeeeeee I'm in the shade dark and I reccomend it for all of my medium to dark skinned girls

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Buy it.

It took a while to get used to since i was new to highlighting and contouring but now I cant live without it.

It makes my dark skin glow beautifully especially the tip of my nose and cheek bones

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm NC35 complexion and I use this as a sheertone shimmer bronzer. As a bronzer the diffusion of this product works best with a fluffy brush like Real Techniques Blush Brush. I get the soft bronzy-ness of a bronzer and a beautiful soft highlight all in one. This product blends really well!

If you're my complexion you can also apply it on top of your matte bronzer for a more intense look but if you're a deeper shade then this can be used as a good highlighter on the cheekbones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I'm extremely late to the party but this is such a beautiful highlighter!

I have warm undertones and I find that Gold deposit completely compliments my skin tone and does not give me that dreaded 'ashy' look. I swipe a little on the high points of my face, my chin and nose. I avoid my forehead as my *fivehead does not need any more attention than it already gets!

As you only need a little, I feel as though it will take me around a year to finish this product which definitely saves the pennies.

This has been my staple throughout summer. It gives off the illusion of a healthy glow and has made my tan seem long lasting.

I've received plenty of compliments and questions about this highlighter and people are kind of shocked (I don't know why!) when I tell them it's from MAC.

I nearly bought that Bobbi brown shimmer brick thingy that's a similar colour recently. That is also a beautiful shade however, save some money and buy Gold deposit :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

Everyone keeps saying you need warm skin tone or olive undertones to pull this off. This is completely untrue. I am NW15, with a very cool undertone, and I wear this as a blush in the summer. It warms up my skin tone without looking muddy, gives me that summer glow that I am missing while everyone who surrounds me has that summer tan that I do not!!! use with a light hand as a high cheek bone blush and you too will have that summer glow!

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I am an NW47 and this product looks gorgeous on my skin. Its a lovely highlighter and gives me a really great glow. It is very glittery so I only apply a minimal amount to my brush and apply it just above my contour line. It is a bit pricey but as I only use a small amount I think I will have it for a while before it runs out. I can't wait to start using this in the summer :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Gold Deposit looks beautiful but very metallic in the pan. I almost didn't buy it, but the makeup artist said that with my skin tone it would give me that J.Lo glow. Who doesn't want that? I'm so glad I listened to her! On my NC40 skin this bronzer/highlighter shows up beautifully. However, a little goes a long way. It's easy to end up looking like a glittering disco ball if you aren't careful, so apply a minimal amount first and add more if needed. Also, I think this bronzer is best suited for olive/tan/deep skin because it has very warm undertones. I spent $32 on this and I wish it was less expensive, but since there's so much product I'm sure it'll last me a long time. I can see myself repurchasing this once I run out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Im an NW45 and I bought this highlighter because of the hype. I certainly regret it because it looks like I have just applied some yellow glitter on my cheeks. I tried many times to apply it differently but, it still has that glitter ball look on me. There is also too much fall out and its too pricey. Worst part is, the packaging or container it comes in is very unsteady. A few days after buying it, I was busy struggling to make it look good on my skin, and it slipped out of my finger and smashed on the floor. It was all over the place and shattered into a thousand pieces. NOT BUYING THIS POT OF GLITTER AGAIN.....

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Love this highlighter. It's nowhere near as heavy as bronzer and it gives a fantastic sunkissed look. It's a bit on the pricey side but so far so good.

Top Rated MAC Products