MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Gold Deposit (Rococo)

on 3/17/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I am an NW47 and this product looks gorgeous on my skin. Its a lovely highlighter and gives me a really great glow. It is very glittery so I only apply a minimal amount to my brush and apply it just above my contour line. It is a bit pricey but as I only use a small amount I think I will have it for a while before it runs out. I can't wait to start using this in the summer :)

on 3/4/2015 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Gold Deposit looks beautiful but very metallic in the pan. I almost didn't buy it, but the makeup artist said that with my skin tone it would give me that J.Lo glow. Who doesn't want that? I'm so glad I listened to her! On my NC40 skin this bronzer/highlighter shows up beautifully. However, a little goes a long way. It's easy to end up looking like a glittering disco ball if you aren't careful, so apply a minimal amount first and add more if needed. Also, I think this bronzer is best suited for olive/tan/deep skin because it has very warm undertones. I spent $32 on this and I wish it was less expensive, but since there's so much product I'm sure it'll last me a long time. I can see myself repurchasing this once I run out!

on 1/23/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Im an NW45 and I bought this highlighter because of the hype. I certainly regret it because it looks like I have just applied some yellow glitter on my cheeks. I tried many times to apply it differently but, it still has that glitter ball look on me. There is also too much fall out and its too pricey. Worst part is, the packaging or container it comes in is very unsteady. A few days after buying it, I was busy struggling to make it look good on my skin, and it slipped out of my finger and smashed on the floor. It was all over the place and shattered into a thousand pieces. NOT BUYING THIS POT OF GLITTER AGAIN.....

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Love this highlighter. It's nowhere near as heavy as bronzer and it gives a fantastic sunkissed look. It's a bit on the pricey side but so far so good.

on 7/29/2014 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I love this product so much! It gives my face a nice glow where the lights hit. It's gorgeous and it's not over the top sparkly. It is amazing! It's a nice highlighter and I recommend it to anyone looking for a nice glow! A little goes a long way and it lasts a long time! I will continue to buy this product for as long as I live!

LOVE this! It gives such a nice golden glow. It is not too shimmery either. The shade is great. I have pale enough skin but this over foundation is perfect. It is very easy to put too much on though. I only use a tiny bit but its enough to give a nice highlight. It lasts forever also! Will definitely buy again.

on 1/19/2014 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this! It is an amazing highlighter for the cheek bones and eyes, as a substitute for blush and to generally add a nice glow to the face. It may be suited for warmer skin tones as it is truly very golden with a hint of bronze.

Only con for me is the glitter. Way too much. It is an over the top product so I wouldnt suggest for conservative daytime look unless used with the very lightest of hands. A little goes a long way. Go all out with this for the beach, poolside or a barbecue though! You will turn heads with the glow. It is particularly lovely on medium deep to dark skin tomes in my opinion.

on 1/15/2014 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm an NC25, and I originally bought this as a bronzer. Maybe it works as a bronzer on darker skin tones, but if you are fair don't even attempt it.

It took me a while to figure out how to use this correctly - There were times where I over-applied it and looked like an Oompa Loompa, and times where I under applied it and couldn't see a thing, except for a few specks of glitter.

Now, I only apply it on my cheeks and it looks amazing. Sometimes if I'm going all-out in the evenings, I put a verrry thin layer on my nose and forehead, just for the extra sparkle, although I must admit - I find the glitter quite limiting. There have been times during the day or when I'm trying to look casual, this product is too VA VA VOOM.

I also steer away from this product on hot days, because if my skin gets even a little oily, the glitter and shine make me look a mess. But I enjoy using it at night and in cooler weather.

The only reason I wouldn't buy this product again is because I'm not quite sure it's right for my skintone, so it takes tenfold effort to get it to the right place where its not too much and not too little, so in future I'd rather buy a product that looks perfect off the bat and I don't have to faff about getting it just right.

on 1/15/2014 12:42:00 PM

One of my favorite skin finishes ever! The consistency is fantastic and the texture is so rich and buttery. It's not really that sparkly, more sheeny, and gives a nice highlight to your cheekbones. I like to use a little bit of this on top of blush so that it gives a sun-tanned look and I love the satin shine on my cheeks! The packaging is also fantastic - I dropped this down my makeup table and it hit the window and slid across the floor and hit the wall and everything was intact. Great product.

love this product blends flawlessly on my skin nw45. would definitely purchase again if I ever run out lol