MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Gold Deposit (Rococo)

on 1/23/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Im an NW45 and I bought this highlighter because of the hype. I certainly regret it because it looks like I have just applied some yellow glitter on my cheeks. I tried many times to apply it differently but, it still has that glitter ball look on me. There is also too much fall out and its too pricey. Worst part is, the packaging or container it comes in is very unsteady. A few days after buying it, I was busy struggling to make it look good on my skin, and it slipped out of my finger and smashed on the floor. It was all over the place and shattered into a thousand pieces. NOT BUYING THIS POT OF GLITTER AGAIN.....

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Love this highlighter. It's nowhere near as heavy as bronzer and it gives a fantastic sunkissed look. It's a bit on the pricey side but so far so good.

on 7/29/2014 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I love this product so much! It gives my face a nice glow where the lights hit. It's gorgeous and it's not over the top sparkly. It is amazing! It's a nice highlighter and I recommend it to anyone looking for a nice glow! A little goes a long way and it lasts a long time! I will continue to buy this product for as long as I live!

LOVE this! It gives such a nice golden glow. It is not too shimmery either. The shade is great. I have pale enough skin but this over foundation is perfect. It is very easy to put too much on though. I only use a tiny bit but its enough to give a nice highlight. It lasts forever also! Will definitely buy again.

on 1/19/2014 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this! It is an amazing highlighter for the cheek bones and eyes, as a substitute for blush and to generally add a nice glow to the face. It may be suited for warmer skin tones as it is truly very golden with a hint of bronze.

Only con for me is the glitter. Way too much. It is an over the top product so I wouldnt suggest for conservative daytime look unless used with the very lightest of hands. A little goes a long way. Go all out with this for the beach, poolside or a barbecue though! You will turn heads with the glow. It is particularly lovely on medium deep to dark skin tomes in my opinion.

on 1/15/2014 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm an NC25, and I originally bought this as a bronzer. Maybe it works as a bronzer on darker skin tones, but if you are fair don't even attempt it.

It took me a while to figure out how to use this correctly - There were times where I over-applied it and looked like an Oompa Loompa, and times where I under applied it and couldn't see a thing, except for a few specks of glitter.

Now, I only apply it on my cheeks and it looks amazing. Sometimes if I'm going all-out in the evenings, I put a verrry thin layer on my nose and forehead, just for the extra sparkle, although I must admit - I find the glitter quite limiting. There have been times during the day or when I'm trying to look casual, this product is too VA VA VOOM.

I also steer away from this product on hot days, because if my skin gets even a little oily, the glitter and shine make me look a mess. But I enjoy using it at night and in cooler weather.

The only reason I wouldn't buy this product again is because I'm not quite sure it's right for my skintone, so it takes tenfold effort to get it to the right place where its not too much and not too little, so in future I'd rather buy a product that looks perfect off the bat and I don't have to faff about getting it just right.

on 1/15/2014 12:42:00 PM

One of my favorite skin finishes ever! The consistency is fantastic and the texture is so rich and buttery. It's not really that sparkly, more sheeny, and gives a nice highlight to your cheekbones. I like to use a little bit of this on top of blush so that it gives a sun-tanned look and I love the satin shine on my cheeks! The packaging is also fantastic - I dropped this down my makeup table and it hit the window and slid across the floor and hit the wall and everything was intact. Great product.

love this product blends flawlessly on my skin nw45. would definitely purchase again if I ever run out lol

on 3/29/2013 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

looks wonderful on my nw45 skin! i apply it (lightly) right above my cheekbones for a nice highlight & receive compliments whenever i'm wearing this. gives a nice little glow!

on 2/28/2013 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

One of my favorites! I use this product a lot. I am NC40 and it gives me the prettiest highlight above my cheekbones. I also use this lightly over MAC Dollymix blush and the colors mixed are amazing. I do not use this as a bronzer all over my face. Just as a highlight or in place of blush to give me that dewy cheek. A bit expensive but product quality is awesome and will last a long time!