April 18, 2014 | 1375 users online

Treatments - Nail Magic

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. Someone gave it to me because they said it was amazing. It goes on nicely . It looks like a clear mail polish. I believe it does work. I do bit my nails so it does burn if it comes close to a cut. I also had some of it on my hand, then I touched my lip. 3 days later and my lip is stil on fire /peeling/dry/swollen. So be very careful and wash your hands once it is dry. It also smells so strong of chemicals.. Paint or something. I said I wouldn't buy it again but that is only because I don't know where to find it in canada. I do like it and use it on and off when I feel my nails are dry

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by bedazzleurwaythrulife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought nail magic because my nails were thin, weak, and peeling and I wanted them to grow longer, stronger, and stop peeling! This was about 7$ at Sally's, which is a good price if it works for you. What I liked about the product was that it was a thin formula, so it will last a long time, and the brush was nice. What I didn't like was that it smelled strongly like spray paint, the active ingredient settles in the bottom so you have to shake it before you use it (not a huge problem, but still), it did nothing to prevent staining (i can forgive this, too if it worked), and it did nothing to help my nails! When people have strong, healthy nails, I usually see that they have a nice "C" curve, and when my nails are strong, they have that curve, too. But this product dried my nails out a LOT, and it flattened out my nails so that they were visually unattractive! I didn't get any burning sensation when I applied this, but I was careful not to get it on my cuticles. Once, I touched my lip with my semi-wet nail on accident and it didn't smudge my nail so it wasn't TOO wet, but my lip burned for like, an hour. I think this product just didn't work with my body chemistry!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Ozzie1985

I have a really mixed review because I am unsure if this was working or not. I followed the directions and applied appropriately. I also take Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin, and Nails 5,000 mg of biotin pills 3 times a day which also helps enhance my nails and hair. With that combination I was sure I would end up having longer beautiful stronger nails, but I have not. My nails would grow out and then break half way down so then I would have to cut them way short. I tried this for about 1 month and I gave up. I am going back to using nailtiques formula 2 Protein which I know works for my nails. I tried nail magic because I wanted a cheaper alternative but cheaper is not always better. My nails grew out nice however the nail magic treatment would chip off and therefore cause my nails to break. I definitely would not repurchase again. I also did not experience any burning sensation from this product as others have said they did.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by butterflylipz

i have tried almost every nail strengthener out ever since i was like 12 (and i'm 32 now)
and in the last five years or so i have discovered 'Nail Magic' (make sure you get the right one...it's made out of Oregon, my home state!)

this stuff is so incredibly awesome i seriously have never seen my nails respond so well to a strengthener before. i have problems with my nails getting dry and brittle and the layers split apart (i admit it has a lot to do with the fact that i am not very good at remembering to put on cleaning gloves before i do dishes and house chores)

this stuffs dries superfast, comes in a good size bottle and shape, and i can buy it from Fred Meyers for only $5.99!!! which is insane cuz i've tried nail strengtheners fours times as much and they did nothing but dry weird and left my nails with a weird gummy texture.

make sure you follow the directions on the bottle and box tho.... this stuff is the real deal so don't get it on your skin and MAKE SURE YOU REMEMBER TO SHAKE THE BOTTLE REALLY WELL BEFORE USING. the active ingredient moves towards the bottom when it sits. and with any nail strengthener give it time to work... trust me it's worth the wait! :-)

so in conclusion i love, love, LOVE, this stuff! it is one of my "cant live without it" beauty items! give me my nail magic, a good nail file, and my Sally Hansen Maximum Growth cuticle & nail moisture treatment pen and i'm set for my nails! (<<<
i hope this helps y'all with "not-so-perfect-nails" like me out there!

NOTE i just got done reading other reviews on this product and it sounds as if some of your are having an allergic reaction... so test this on a small part of a nail and monitor your bodys reaction... same thing applies to when you use HAIR DYE, HAIR THICKENING SHAMPOO, DANDRUFF SHAMPOO, CERTAIN FACE WASHES AND LOTIONS, etc.... so lets not forget common sense people....all these "cosmetics" "nail polishes" "lotions" etc are ALL ESSENTIALY *****CHEMICALS******

so be careful!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

Nail Magic is a formaldehyde nail strengthener. I used it as a base coat on my thin, soft and weak nails weekly for eight weeks. At first, my nails stopped breaking at the sides and became hard. Then my nails started breaking again. Formaldehyde hardens nails by removing moisture, and when too much moisture is removed, nails become dry and brittle, and that leads to breakage. So, while Nail Magic does help to harden nails, it's important to know when to stop using it. Nail Magic has a strong odor, probably from the formaldehyde.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by JudiHope

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did what no other ever did - gave me long, strong natural nails!
I have never, ever had long and healthy nails. I spent my younger years with thin and weak nails. Then, a few decades with silk wrap tips. When I finally wanted to stop the tips and took them off, my nails were awful. It took a while for them to just look normal again.
I tried a few of the hardeners that were highly recommended and none made a difference...UNTIL I discovered NAIL MAGIC. It is aptly named - it's magical. All ten nails are long and look great. I get a $7 manicure each week to keep them well shaped. I use the Nail Magic as a base coat and top coat and in between I put one of the Sally Hansen polishes. That seems to be the magic combination! In fact, a problem I never thought I'd have...they are too long to text on my iPhone! HIGHLY RECOMMEND this great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I bought this and read the reviews. I was careful not to get it near my damaged cuticles because people said it could hurt. I did get it near one part and it did sting, but overall I was careful and only felt that once. As far as how it works, I'm extremely impressed. My nails ALL broke after polishing too much and they were a short, cracked mess. I've been using this for about a month and it's definitely helping them grow. I don't know that it makes them grow, but it helps stop them from cracking more so they *can* grow. It's a slow process, but they are growing and do feel stronger, even though the cracked tips are still visible. It's going to be a while before they are totally ok, but at least it's going in that direction.

Update: A few months later and my nails still break. I wonder if putting on a coat of anything has to do with that. My nails are super sensitive. Going to attempt going without this product except as a base coat and see if they actually grow back...

Update 2: I went without it for a while and they still were brittle, but I'm wondering if it's because the product weakened the whole nail. I'm going without for a longer period and changed my 'buy again' to no. Returned this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by loisanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not only did this product not make my nails stronger, it was awful to take off. I could not get nail polish remover to work without a great deal of effort.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by NicoleRay719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have always had brittle nails that rip and peel. They could NEVER grow without looking like a hot ratty mess. So I did resort to acrylic nails for five solid years. Big mistake of course... My nails were ready to fall off my fingers and the upkeep was unbearably expensive.

AFTER I completed the Nailteques "After Acrylics" product over a year ago i still couldn't get my nails to grow. Enter Nail Magic. My nails have NEVER looked better. Even WITHOUT polish my nails are strong and beautiful and LONG, holy crap I never knew my nails could look nice. Especially not THIS nice. My mom asked if I was wearing acrylics again when she saw my nails via FaceTime!

Never had any burning or pain.... I LOVE this product. I'll keep it in my routine for as long as they will make it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by jaclynb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been a nail biter for over a decade. Finally decided to break the habit this past may and nix the nail biting. I longed for nice nails but since I had bitten them for so long, they would grow and break, peel and were yellow.

Enter nail magic! Bought it at Sally's and the associate recommended I apply it once a day for a week. On day 7 I remove the polish, let my nails breathe for a bit and then reapply. I have only had two broken nails in over six months (a HUGE deal) and my nails are a beautiful white. No problem with burning or stinging here.

Only con is this shit stinks. But that's not really a big deal. I apply it in the morning and it dries in about 30 seconds and go on with my day. It's not recommended for weak nails due to acrylics so read the directions!! This stuff's pretty great.