October 22, 2014 | 1644 users online

Fragrance - L'Occitane - Lavender

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like the lavender bath and body products by L'Occitane and use the soap, shower gel, body lotion and hand cream - they all have a beautiful true lavender smell, light but persistent. So I figured the EDT would be the same, but it's not. It has a big synthetic smelling patchouli base note which drowns out the lavender pretty quickly, and that's all you're left with for hours. Disappointing for me as I wanted essentially a body spray version of the other products. However, if you like this type of fragrance, floral-patchouli like Coco Mademoiselle, you may like this as a lighter alternative for warm weather. It feels vaguely related to Belle en Rykiel which also has a lavender note, although I much prefer that one as a more complex fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

The hand cream and roll on in this line are nice, and smell like true lavender. The spray perfume/ cologne, however, does not. Though the packaging is very pretty, this does not smell like lavender to me, more like a perfumey floral. I prefer Caldey Island lavender, Crabtree & Evelyn lavender and Le Couvent des Minimes to this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by blush223

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love L'Occitane's Lavender Harvest line, especially at bedtime. It's so relaxing and lovely. I use the foaming bath, soap and foot cream at night. I bought this fragrance thinking it would be the same heavenly scent as the others. Unfortunately, it is not. To me it has a raw, cheap incense smell to it. Not pleasant at all. It also fades quickly. If I can return it, I will. Very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will start by saying i love lavender! I mean the true flower/herb that grows all over the place in my garden. this is a very true to nature scent- the spray comes in a blue glass bottle, and is adorable. the scent starts off strong, but dries down and lasts almost all day on me- very clean, fresh and lovely. i know i will go through this bottle and want another- lucky for me it is now on sale from $38 to $19, i think i should have bought two! oh well- if you truly enjoy the scent and powers of lavender, this is a MUST HAVE- not like the healing garden attempt at lavender, this is the real mcoy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 9:51:00 PM More reviews by d_E_S_S

I have this in the solid perfume - this is a fresh, true lavender, and very good quality lavender essential oil put in. Because of the quality of the oil, the scent has this magical effect of calming me when I'm upset (breakups, bad news, etc) which a lot of lavender essential oil (usually cheaply made) can't do. Having said all this, this isn't a scent I would wear day to day (very Grandma) - so I'm glad I have it in the solid form, for times when I need some comfort. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2005 2:51:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is another one of those things that I saw in the sephora catalogue and was convinced would be fantastic. My husband ordered the gift set for me at Christmas, which came with bubble bath, a candle, a small tube of hand lotion, and scented "masks" (more on that in a minute). I'm not the biggest fan of lavender anyway: I like the scent when I'm stressed out or when I want to relax, because it is rather amazing the way it has such a calming effect. And the bubble bath does have a nice calming effect, but unfortunately, the scent lingers on my skin long after I've taken the bath. (This might be a good thing for those of you who love the scent.) I liked the consistency of the hand lotion, but again, I don't like to smell like lavender, so I don't use it very often. (You might be wondering at this point why, if I don't care much for the smell of lavender, I wanted the set in the first place...and you'd be justified in asking. I don't know. :o) The candle was nice as well. But the masks! What L'Occitane referred to as a "calming mask" was nothing more than a glorified wet-one (REEKING of lavender) with holes for your eyes, nose, and mouth. I had been expecting a skincare treatment or something. I tried to relax in the tub with one of those things on my face, but ultimately couldn't stand the smell. (I did, however, enjoy popping out of the bathroom with that thing on my face and giving my husband a good scare.) I just found the whole set too too overpowering. ...But hey, if you love the scent of lavender, then this is for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2005 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Jellohno

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought that I would really like this when I sniffed it from the bottle, but on my skin it just didn't smell right. I think there is lemon in this and also vanilla, and the two mixed into something sour and weird. It faded away to nothing within 2-3 hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2004 6:39:00 PM More reviews by GreenFaerie

A true lavender scent, but like the shower gel, very clean and refreshing. Starts out fairly herbal, but dries down more clean, almost unisex. Staying power is so-so. Beautiful bottle as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2004 9:56:00 AM More reviews by thalia

A fresh and true lavender, long lasting.