July 29, 2014 | 1484 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like this cleanser/exfoliator. I do prefer Jurliques Exfoliating Cream though, which is kinda similar. With this cleansing cream I do follow the press and roll method but I also rub it around when I'm rinsing it off. I can't help myself! :) I do wipe off any left over residue with a warm damp cloth. If my skin feels a bit more...gunky I will do the pat and roll, lather my hands with a dove beauty bar, proceed to wash my face like normal w/ the cleansing cream still on, then rinse. Basically a deeper clean with added gentle exfoliation. Good product, nice packaging, great price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by prettyvacant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a FABULOUS cleanser. It is difficult to find a product that is all natural, gently exfoliates and leaves your skin clean without stripping your natural oils. It is really quite unique. My skin looks better immediately when I start using Haushka. Highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

I don't get this product at all. Smells of apricot liqueur (ie alcoholic) and has weird apricot/fruit grains and fibres. Not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by shrokia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought Dr. Hauschka's trial facial acne set and have used this cleanser for about a week now (with Lavender Moor Bath Essence, the clarifying toner and day oil) and I think (hope!!) I have found my late twenties acne cure regime. The four together have worked wonders so far but Ill only focus on the cleanser here. I've tried MANY products and this is one of the more "untraditional" cleansers since it doesn't act, feel or smell like anything I've seen so far. The closest product to this I've tried is Lush's Angels on Bare Skin or St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I had my doubts about this at first but after a week of continually improving blemishes and redness I bought a whole tube today and will continue with the Dr Hauschka acne regime. Like others have said its pretty easy to use and the "press and role" method seems to be the way to go but doesn't take off all the dry dead skin for me, so I use another exfoliator twice a week before the lavender face bath and this cleanser. This cleanser isn't drying at all, it leaves a slight oily feeling but after toweling my face my skin feels perfect. The smell is strange but not off putting, I'm used to it now and even enjoy it. If you're looking for a natural skin regime/cleanser try this! It is expensive but if you're like me, sensitive allergy prone acne skin, Dr. Hauschka could be a solution.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very interesting product, first off it looks more like an exfoliator than a cleanser. Initially I tried using it as my daily morning cleanser, and it did a good job moderating my breakouts. But in the long term I found it rather drying for daily usage. I now use it bi-weekly as a gentle scrub, and I apply it to my damp cleansed skin after washing with Dermalogica Ultracalming cleanser. The Hauschka cream cleanser leaves a waxy film that's easily cleared by the toner from the same brand. I have a rule where I'd rather give it a miss where products from same brand need to be used together, but the Dr Hauschka cream cleaner and clarifying toner are my only exception. They work wonders in gently calming down acne prone, sensitive skin. Will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

At first I was just using this as a gentle scrub, but I realized that if you follow directions it will gently roll away dead skin like the gommage products used when you get a nice facial. It leaves skin very soft and smooth without any dryness, irritation, or harsh scrubbing -- plus the "press and roll" method gives you a nice facial massage and stimulates blood flow.

A lot of people have commented on the scent -- it didn't bother me at first, but I didn't love it either, but after a few weeks it's not even an issue at all. I will continue to buy this. It's costly, but you only need a tiny bit for your whole face.

Edit: After one month of use I am totally hooked. I use this every night after removing my makeup and my skin is better than ever. I really look younger and I don't need to use the gallons of moisturizer that I did before. I'm seriously amazed! I do the whole Hauschka cleansing ritual: compress w/ warm water and lavender bath, remove makeup, use cleansing cream, toner. These natural products have done more for me than any high-tech product, which have mostly just irritated and dried out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

This is now my HG cleanser! I wish I went the natural route a lot earlier. I want to start off with a little background information regarding my skin. My skin has always been acne prone and problematic but within the last year or so, it seems to have calmed down a lot more. I still have hyperpigmentation, redness in some areas, a pimple here and there once in a while, etc. I have finally come to terms to accept my skin as is. This is the best it has been and I don't think it will get any better than this. I never had perfect skin since I started getting severe acne when I was 11 and it never will be. Still, I think women get so sucked into all the numerous products out there claiming to do so much. I was one of them and let me tell you, I've tried just about everything and nothing improved my condition besides time. It wasn't until about two weeks ago while trying out a product I ended up getting an extreme allergic reaction on my face. That was when it made me realize that I shouldn't be using so many different products with chemicals from A to Z on my face. Especially when my skin isn't horrid! Made me appreciate things for once and I told myself that I will go the natural route and stop fiddling with my skin.

Ok, with that said I was in search from a cleanser that is natural and doesn't contain any harsh chemicals or anything to make my skin react again. I wanted something to maintain my skin as is. I did some research and Dr. Hauschka is a well known brand which doesn't contain any of the bad stuff. I picked it up at Whole Foods and I've been extremely happy since. The price may seem pricey to others but it's comparable with Shiseido products and the likes. Isn't it worth the investment if it makes your skin feel so good? First off, I personally really enjoy the scent of this product. I don't know how to describe it but it's a blend of fruits and herbs, it isn't overpowering and disappears when you rinse it off. I personally don't use the press and roll method but it works well for me anyway. I either use gentle circular motions or with my Clarisonic. It cleans extremely well but at the same time it doesn't strip my skin and after rinsing it off, my skin feels so supple and hydrated. Do be careful with the almond meal because whenever I don't rinse this off properly, it can get into your eyes! Rinse really well or that will happen and it's not fun. My skin has never felt this smooth with any other product. Even when I use other products to exfoliate or microdermabrasion it has never been this smooth. This cleanser has been getting rid of my flaky skin and is my only source of moisturizing considering how I have to use a steroid cream twice daily to get rid of my allergic reaction. Worth every penny and I got my boyfriend and his family hooked on it! Give it a try, I'm sure you'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by leox

I wanted to use this product for a few months before I gave a review, have now been using it for 2 months and I can say it really is a wonderful product. The only reason I've stopped using it is because I want to switch to oil-based cleansers for the winter. But having stopped using the product I know realize how good it is.

Firstly you have to use the press and roll technique (youtube) for it to be effective. I first remove my make up with Bioderma then use this for about 3-5mins. At first I thought this was too time-consuming but it's worth spending a little time on your skin and also for the results. I had a few scars from my acne days (5+ yrs ago) and I could see these starting to fade whilst I was using this cleanser. I also have super sensitive skin and it didn't irritate at all. Being all natural it doesn't strip the moisture out of your skin. Very difficult to find effective natural products so I'm happy I gave this one a go. I'll switch back to this product in warmer seasons when my skin needs a deeper cleanse/exfoliate. I would definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by rainebowen88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have super sensitive skin therefore anything with chemically dyes, etc is off limit and I will literally swell up. I tried using this product in my teenage years and it was too rich at that time. Gave it another try this year and my skin is enjoying it tremendously. It is non-foaming so for those who wears makeup, know that you will need a wash cloth and several wash ie 2-3 times to remove all your makeup with this cleanser. I love it for a morning pick it up and to wind down in the evening as it smells so relaxing and therapeutic.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by sannavire

I've been using this wonderful smelly product for one month and I really like it. I'm looking forward to wash my face with this everyday, morning and evening. It's a little bit expensive but overall I'm satisfied.