November 25, 2014 | 1741 users online

Body Scrubs - Earth Science - Apricot Gentle Facial Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by svaiko

From the first time I used this scrub I loved it, the scrubbing granules were tiny and my skin was soft and glowing afterward. However, after a week of daily use during my morning shower it became very drying, which i believe made me break out. I had to discontinue use and went back to my old cleanser (a DE Tea Tree cleanser), and sure enough my skin slowly went back to normal. Also, I was surprised that the texture of the scrub was cream based, which for some reason my skin does not like, and also its difficult to get out of the tube. I'm bummed, I wanted to like it :(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by virtualgrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like Earth Sciences Creamy AD&E cleanser and thought I would give this a try after running through a sample of Laura Mercier Face Polish (thought this would be more economical and environmentally friendly). I by no means have sensitive skin - it is quite normal oil/dryness wise but I do need to exfoliate once in a while because I work outside. I found this product to be too abrasive and drying. My skin actual stung after using it and I couldn't put enough moisturizer on after I got out of the shower. Also, hard to squeeze out of tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by veggiebetty

Earth Science Facial Scrub never fails to make my skin happy. I used to use St. Ive's, which has a similar texture, but Earth Science lathers better and is less irritating. It exfoliates the dry spots while leaving just the right amount of moisture so as to balance oily and dry skin. The ingredients are also vegan, of much higher quality, and aren't tested on animals. Highly recommended!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Atrox

Great, soap-free face scrub. I have recently tried about a half dozen natural face scrubs to find one I like- this one fits the bill- small scrubbing particles, foams, soap-free, leave skin feeling really smooth. Will buy again.

UPDATE: I was getting a lot of spider veins on my face and my dermatologist said to stop using scrubs on my face. Sure enough- no more new spider veins since stopping this face scrub 8 months ago.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by lilliebet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My Earth Science products are the workhorses of my beauty routine. Simple, non-fussy, non-glamorous, cost-effective, and most of all - effective on my skin! I keep this scrub in my shower and use it every morning. It makes my skin clear, smooth and glowy. My skin gets congested easily and needs alot of exfoliation (I also use a prescription exfoliant as well as an at-home glycolic peel). This one does an excellent job. The consistency is very dense - the abrasion particles are tightly packed. But it does suds up a little which allows for even application all over my face. There is no over-powering fragarance and not alot of mysterious synthetic indregients. Most definitley my HG scrub. I will splurge on haircuts, eye cream, and perfume, but with Earth Science there's no need to drop major cash on this beauty routine staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2007 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Mikella

I bought this scrub at my local health food store. It was on sale for $8.99 CA. So far, I do like it; however, if I could change one thing about it, I would make it less abrasive (round particles would be PERFECT).. I think it has the potential to damage your skin if you really go at it..... So that said, just be gentle and it should be fine! The scent is light and natural, very pleasing. It does suds up a bit, which is nice. You only need like a dime size! So it would last a long time. It leaves your skin SUPER soft and very comfortable, not dry or tight.. moisturized. I've noticed that my skin looks a bit pink after use, but it does calm down quickly. I'll update when I've used this product for longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by abigail80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice natural scrub that is very reasonably priced (about $7 for 4oz). As a previous reviewer said this scrub is intense and probably not good for very sensitive skin. However, my skin seems to like it a lot and I like feeling the scrubbing particles work and the difference in my skin texture. The scrub rinses off easily and leaves my skin very balanced. I absolutely love the scent - slightly fruity and nutty. It is very soothing and yummy to me. The hygenic tube packaging is great too. Ingredients: Yucca Juice, Crushed Aprico Seeds, Crushed Walnut, Sodium Cocoyl Methyltaurate, Coco Betaine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Chamomile Extract, Stearyl Alcohol, Apricot Kernel Oil, Licorice Root Extract, Soya Sterol, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Sweet Almond Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium PCA, Montmorillonite Clay, Lecithin, Birch Bark Extract, Sorbic Acid, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Allantoin, Beta Carotene, Geranium Oil, Horsechestnut Oil, Natural Fragrance Oils

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2007 10:32:00 AM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bleh. This stuff smells horrible and the granules are big and seriously scratchy and damaging. Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Katie80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Most amazing scrub. Natural, doesn't dry out skin, actually exfolitates (I can't stand these so-called exfoliators that don't have any beads in them. This is all-natural - no soap- exfoliator and cleanser with real crushed nuts. If you want a real exfoliator that won't dry out your skin and is a great price - go for this. Trust me, I'm a product junkie and have tried everything!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 1:37:00 PM More reviews by nirvanamoxie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product works wonders. It's great for sensitive skin and exfoliates well. No dryness or irritation afterwards. Will repurchase!