October 23, 2014 | 1134 users online

Loose Powders - Alexandra deMarkoff - Countess Isserlyn Loose Powdermist

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2005 9:55:00 AM More reviews by bellaqua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always been interested in this line as it seemed so interesting with its history and all, and so I had to try this and their other products as well, I tried this powder and I liked its texture,since it has Mica(not the kind that gives a glitter effect)and silk powder, it has a light silky 'dry' texture and I found it to work best with foundations that are silicone based as well as foundationd that tend to have a dewey finish,I use a sponge to apply(especially in the eyelid and around the nose area) and then a brush to sweep and buff the excess away it really keeps the make up in place and provides a smooth sheer as gossamer semi matte finish, I used the sheer rose for my alabaster complexion and it looked great, really doesnt show the color at all so it is almost transluscent, but it also works on other light skin tones as well( I am an aspiring make up artist and tried it on my friends), the packaging could use a little work, like a container that can close securely and a better powder well with a screen attached but overall it is a really nice powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2004 6:18:00 PM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

If I were to give a rating for the appearance and texture of this powder alone, it would get a 5. But the problem I have with this formula is its tendency to "cloud" up when applying, with the particles rising right into the nostriles, no matter how careful you are in shaking all of the excess off the brush. The powder has a slightly sweet scent too, so the two qualities combined made it seem too unhealthy for me to continue using. The box is poorly designed as well, since the finely netted sifter is not attached or fitted and is bound only in cheap cardboard. Sadly, this company has been neglected for too long and is desperately in need of updating.