BeneFit Cosmetics Black Orchid- Fate Made Me Do It

2.9

on 3/7/2007 3:06:00 AM

i love this eyeshadow duo! i use the lighter lilac color for the base all over eyes and the daker color around eyelines. and my eyes look amazing! since the darker color is not black black it looks pretty natural but just a little hint of stylish smoky. i love wearing these two and i don't know how much is in the package, it's pretty big and so cute. everyone should try this!

on 1/2/2006 6:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm huge Benefit fan and I love this eyeshadow! It looks great w/ my green eyes the color combo made them pop. Will definitely buy again.

on 7/10/2005 5:14:00 PM

I was underwhelmed by this product. The colors looked great in the pan. A bluish lavender gray and a dark gray smokey color. But the colors barely showed up on me and the consistency was hard and crumbly. I'm glad it was limited edition. The cute package is not enough to make it worth it.

on 10/26/2004 6:29:00 AM

Argh, I looked like I had a bruised eye with these colours on! The colours are more grey than they appear in the pan and they did last quite a while without creasing but I much prefer "I Pretended Not To Notice".

on 10/17/2004 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

When i saw this duo, i thought, nice but I dont need this. Then the Sephora Fall 2004 catalog came out and they featured this on the model, and i had to have it. IT was gorgeous! So I finally got it and tried to recreate the look, and couldnt. The color does not look the same on at all. YOu see less purple and more grey. One side of this is a light lavender and the other is a darker greyed purple. You need a lot of color to get this to show up and then it looked rather gray. Even with a good base, this also faded after a few hours. Overall, a big disappointment. This retails for $18 and is the same amount of shadow as a smashbox duo. Comes in a almost round black case with a glosssy orchid on the top and a cute mirror inside. If you like the picture in the catalog, you will have better luck recreating the look with a different brand. This shadow is not worth it since it fades and not pigmented enough. Colors are standard and not unique at all. Skip this one.

on 10/4/2004 9:57:00 AM

I bought this because I saw it used on a model who had similar MMM coloring to me in a recent Sephora catalog. The packaging is adorable with the little mirror inside. However once I put the shimmering lavender on, I wanted to take it off, as it looked like an unflattering pale blue on me. Like a previous reviewer said, these shades looked darker in the catalog. The charcoal was nice, but I have a shadow similar to that color already. I am returning this.

on 10/3/2004 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Like others have said, the packaging is absolutely beautiful. The black orchid on the lid looks so pretty and there's a handy little mirror inside.
However, I'm not stunned by the ewyeshadow colors. There's a workable grey in there for a smokey look, but nothing special that you couldn't find anywhere else. I'm having a hard time getting the lavender shade to show up at all. It's very sheer, and I'm a PPP!
Overal, the main attraction is the packaging, not the product.

on 9/9/2004 5:01:00 PM

The packaging is beautiful & clever (there's a mirror! and it's nice having two colors in one compact), but the colors are really nothing special. Sephora describes them as "shimmery lavender & steely charcoal," but they're really just two different, fairly standard blues.

I would not buy this again.

on 8/18/2004 4:28:00 PM

Wow... everything you need to do a beautiful smokey eye in one gorgeous container. Fate Made Me Do It is a split pan e/s featuring a beautiful light blue/lilac hue and a shimmery charcoal. On my brown eyes and PPP skin, the look is gorgeous. I use the lighter color all over my lid, up into my crease and then use the darker to "trace" my eyes at the lash line, thickly on top, and very thin on the bottom. Blend, black eyeliner and mascara and that's it! The colors wear well with a base and blend easily. Also love that there is a mirror on the inside of the lid! This loses one lipsick because the lighter color could be more pigmented, but applied wet, it's great.

on 8/17/2004 10:18:00 PM

I am very picky when it comes to Benefit products. I have had some great hits but some terrible misses! This is one of the hits! I love the eye catching Orchid with hints of purple on the top of a black round container. Easy to open and on the inside of the top there is a very nice mirror, which is going to be great for when I go camping (LOL yes, camping) or on the go :) The lighter color is a light shimmering lilac . Applied once it is very light, the color is buildable but does not get very dark. This seems to be a color that will compliment almost any skin tone. I am a light skinned gal but the SA helping had a medium color of skin and it look good on her and on the model in the Sephora catalog. Beautiful color and a nice silky feeling applying and while wearing. The second color is a shimmery charcoal with hints of silver and what looks like deep lilac undertones. Very pretty color once again for almost anyone. If you want to get the deepness of this color apply with a wet e/l brush. This is a perfect color to create easy smoky eyes. I do wear a base with all my e/s but that does not always mean an e/s will perform well. These did not crease and the color stayed true and never faded on me. I am considering going back for some gloss from the Orchid line. I did check out the other e/s in I pretend not to notice did not seem as versatile and flattering for most but still pretty.

*UPDATE*
I have returned this :( the colors faded and for that it must get 2 lippies. I will not stand for fading while wearing my HG e/s base! The colors were hard to get to show up, I was expecting something for like the color on Sephora model in catalog but what I got was much lighter.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products