August 27, 2014 | 899 users online

Moisturizers - Yves Saint Laurent - Ideal Defense Creme SPF8

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by buggin81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product on and off for the last 3 years and it's one of the best moisturizers I've ever used. It's smell can be off putting but I happen to like it and it feels amazing when applied and hasn't irritated my oily proned, which is fantastic. My only gripe is the low SPF protection you get from it and also the cost.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by mfisher78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for over 3 months. Like the light texture and non-grease feeling. But evry time I put my foundation, the cream flakes,,,,so now I let it hydrate for 30 mins. and then have to clean my skin again fron all those flakes. The SPf protection??? gone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2005 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Simply_beautiful

I like YSL skincare but i was a bit dissapointed by this one. I liked the idea of this cream full of anti oxidants, protects the sking against environmental damage.. The texture seemed ok but soon I realised that i didn't really like it on my skin and when I applied foundation on the creamwas flaking! SPF8 is low as well. Compared to Hydra Tech by the same company, this was an average cream. It might be my skin but I would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2005 11:07:00 AM More reviews by caeruleum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an amazing product. It is not cheap, but reasonably priced for what it does and how it feels. Not the "luxury" line, but sure feels like it. The texture is somewhere between serum and cream. It is not fragrance free, but the smell is heavenly, and certainly not strong enough to interfere with perfumes or deodorants. The SPF is 8, but my skin is happy with an SPF that is not too high. If you have very fair, porcelain skin and live in the Caribbean, indeed this may not be for you. But it is plenty for New-England and my olive, mediterranean skin. Works great when used in conjunction with YSL's complexion enhancer.
The packaging is gorgeous, think Apple design for your skincare routine. Cannot live without. Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2005 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Aleppanen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using Ideal defense since August and I love it. It is the only cream that really moisturisers and protects my skin from external factors. I have a sensitive combination skin and it makes my skin really smooth and healthy when I use it. It also calms my sensitive skin. I love this and now I'm on my second pot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2004 10:12:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

I think the SPF is abysmal. But the product is gorgeous. It smells heavenly and feels cushiony. My skin is major dry. So this product is a comfort.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2004 12:50:00 AM More reviews by PradaPrincess

Gel-Cream texture, extremely disappointing SPF (why bother even including one if its not broad spectrum and isnt the minimum of 15?). Smells nice, but is still heavily fragranced. Feels okay, nothing too spectacular