December 22, 2014 | 1230 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 2001 Holiday Brush set

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use these briushes for my every day makeup. Its is really cool. It is handmade. The application of my makeup, by using the brushes, makes my makeup look very professional. MAC (Makeup Art Cosmetics) was made in Canada. It can use different looks with my brush. On a reguyllar day, i go subtlle and natural. On party nights, I madke my makeup look theatrical.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 3:14:00 AM More reviews by masaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a newbie to brushes a year ago and had wanted a set of my own. Since MAC brushes are so expensive, I opted for a set which comes in cheaper. IMHO, they're not worth it. Unless you'll travel with them, then you could justify buying it. But for those who are curious about brushes and wanted a cheaper version of MAC, definitely re-consider. The quality is sub-par. My 187SE indeed is soft and almost never shed, however it bleeds. I heard it happening to other girls before, but it took mine awhile before it started bleeding green. My 219SE is scratchy. I use it close to my waterline and it's definitely annoying. I think I like my 168SE since it hasn't done anything bad like shed or change shape. I must admit, it's not as soft as the full-size, well all the brushes are anyway. The other two aren't even worth mentioning. I would definitely save that $48 for a full size, maybe get a 187 since you can't go wrong with that. Now I understand what others meant by investing in m/u brushes because it will last you a long time. If you're starting out, you just need some basic brushes which are 219, 187, 217, 239, 266. For face brushes you can go for EDM's face brushes since it does pretty well for me. I'm reaching for it more than my 182 and 180 these days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2005 9:20:00 PM More reviews by myshoes

These brushes are amazing! This is a great deal too. I've been using them for 3 years with no wear (I do take good care of them). The hairs and shape of the brushes are still perfectly intact. No other brushes are better than MAC brushes, and for those who aren't makeup artists, these brushes are all you need for professional looking makeup application.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2003 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Stellam

Sorry, but i wouldn't buy this again as the brushes are so-so. The packaging isn't great, but the concept FAB, but I really prefer Smashbox brushes.
Follow up: my brushes started shedding in Feb, I got it in Dec. Not cool at ALL. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2002 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am not a fan of MAC makeup but these are nice, durable brushes. The blush brush is excellent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2002 6:07:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

This is a great brush set. I actually use a lot of the same brushes so this will be a great set to carry around in my purse. I got the case in black instead of white and am glad that I did. The black won't get as dirty. I also like the fact that they have a separate pocket on the other side to hold makeup items. Definitely a good alternative to a makeup case.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2002 6:04:00 PM More reviews by toushay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first bought this set 2 years ago. I then started buying the individual brushes and now have somewhere around 18 MAC brushes. I think they are good for the price, but they fall apart very easily. I'm always left with stray pieces on my face.

Would highly recommend the MAC brush cleaner - it's great for cleaning brushes and sponges - worth the $8 investment.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2001 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Blue

2nd revised review after using the set for over a year: The essential traveling brushes are here, but they don't equal their long handle counterparts: #266SE (small angle brush for brows or push liner) is good, #242SE (cream e/s or concealer) is stiff & scratchy, #213SE (powder e/s) is ok but on the small side, #316SE (lip brush) is longer & thinner therefore less useful, #224SE (small tapered) bristles are scratchy and splay uselessly, #129SE (powder) is on the small side. The case is ok if you don't mind the weight (I keep mine in a plastic zippered snack bag for ease of travel/packing). I love my full size MAC, but for travel sets, I'd try out others first, maybe Trish (if I had the $$) or Paula's Select (since I don't ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2001 6:19:00 PM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG!! I love this set so much. These brushes are so cute & the quality looks really good this year. The bag that it comes in is great, perfect for traveling. I can't wait to use these, just got em today!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2001 7:35:00 PM More reviews by nunu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I just lost all my beautiful EXPENSIVE MAC brushes :(, so I was thrilled when I saw the 2001 Holiday Brush set. Six brushes for $55 Cdn, it's portable, and I was pretty impressed with the quality. Clearly the metal and wood they've used is not the same as their regular brushes, but the bristles are still hand-sewn. Good selection, too -- powder/blush, windshield wiper, taklon, regular eyeshadow, small angle (yeah! it's the one I missed the most), and lip. I'm not sure how these will hold up long-term (the MA assured me that they would) but I'm definitely very happy right now *grin*.