Kenra Dandruff Shampoo

3.3

on 5/4/2013 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this dandruff shampoo,and I don't even use conditioner,afterwards.
My hair is naturally oily,so this keeps dandruff in control, as well as keeps the oiliness at bay...haven't used conditioner in months.
Got 1 bottle 6 months back and its still going strong...will last another 6 months.....a little of of it goes a long way, very satisfied with this product,hope they never discontinue it!!

on 1/29/2013 11:39:00 PM

I love this shampoo. It is the only dandruff shampoo I've used that doesn't make my scalp itch MORE.

on 4/16/2012 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Bought this as recommended by a hairdresser when I went for a haircut. Horrible shampoo, did not help my dandruff at all, and way too pricey for nothing.

on 1/3/2012 1:05:00 AM

I really like the Kenra Dandruff Shampoo. It has almost double the active ingredient than drugstore dandruff shampoos. I believe that it's also pH balanced. It has Jasmine and Lavender Extracts, which smell nice. The main reason I like it is because it helps your hair grow FAST!

on 5/11/2011 9:21:00 AM

I bought this product as suggested by a sales clerk as a substitute for the Pureology dandruff shampoo (which apparently has been discontinued). This product is ok. It has not fully addressed my dry scalp issues, but has helped a bit. For the results, I would say it is not worth the price. I will keep searching for a Pureology substitute as the product didn't really do the job.

on 8/15/2009 12:00:00 PM

I don't understand why the reviews for this shampoo are so negative. This is one of the few dandruff shampoos that I've bought more than once. I have very sensitive skin, and most shampoos irritate my scalp with tons of ingredients and frangrances. This shampoo has very few ingredients and the fragrance is way down on the list. No irritating essential oils either. It gets the job done and doesn't dry my hair out too much, and I can't say that about any other dandruff shampoo on the market. I also appreciate that it's not ridiculously high priced - I think it's around $14.00 at Ulta.

on 5/20/2009 9:27:00 PM

I'm not a regular sulfate user so I only use this very infrequently, when my scalp is really acting up. I really like it. Acutally, I got this for my dad and brother but once I tried it a couple times, I kinda hoarded it for myself and hoped they wouldn't use it all up. Lol.
Not too drying or harsh, good texture (thick and creamy... you don't need a lot)...
I can use this every couple of days if necessary. Had a flare a couple months ago and used it regularly for maybe a month. Along with a good conditioner, I had no problems. :)

There are very few shampoos I like and even fewer dandruff shampoos I like, but this is good stuff.

on 5/11/2009 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Unlike the previous reviewers, I love this dandruff shampoo. I have fine straight hair, and most dandruff shampoos counteract the the drying effects of the active ingredient by adding more conditioners than my hair can handle without getting limp. So I appreciate that this shampoo doesn't condition. I just use a separate conditioner in the shower that my hair does do well with. I also like that, unlike many dandruff shampoos, this uses very gentle detergents, which keeps it from being overly drying. It has a pleasant fruity floral fragrance that mostly masks the medicinal smell of the active ingredient. I use this shampoo about three times per week to keep flakiness at bay. I love it!

Active ingredient: zinc pyrithione 1.9%. Other ingredients: water, sodium myreth sulfate, cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, cocamide dea, propylene glycol, glycol distearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, citric acid, methylparaben, gualazulene, fragrance. continued >>

on 12/30/2008 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Horrible, horrible. It dried my hair out and made it tangly almost immediately, and my hair is never tangled. My scalp was itchy and miserable. I returned this the next day.

on 11/13/2004 10:26:00 PM

I agree with the previous reviewer, the only thing this product has going for it is the nice scent. The shampoo was too drying on my scalp and just made me itch and flake more. I had to toss it.

Top Rated Kenra Products