November 26, 2014 | 1240 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by debstar1984

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this Eau de parfum, it is very strong and I would say smells of white florals and musk, with a slight sweetness and freshness but also heady at the same time! I put one squirt on my wrists then touch them on my neck, that's it! This is not the perfume to be spraying all about the place like a body spray, you will choke people and scare them away! I'd say this is a winter scent but could be worn day or night as it does have a freshness to it! The smallest bottle is 48 and you can't get a discount anywhere really, unless boots are doing 5 off etc...as is the case with Chanel fragrances! The only reason I won't buy again is because it probably will never run out, and I seem to get a headache when I wear it, maybe a coincidence?? I can't see teenagers wearing this, it's not a girly, fruity, candy floss smell, I'd say it's for the more mature woman, late 20's upwards. Definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Immissvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's my favourite parfume for the winter. It's very sexy and warm and makes me feel very confident.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by urbanangel007

This perfume is just a classic. It's floral & confident & very long lasting. A little goes a long way. It's one of those rare perfume that will have a permanent spot in my collection. Perfumes are highly personal but I would recommend everyone to test this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Has been one of my favorites since it came out....I love it and people always compliment me when I wear it. It smells clean, fresh and elegant. I love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by JeBeautyAddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok. i finally got this by chance. long time ago!! - so in love with it! the go 2! :O :) - if i had a ulimate dream, i would get this one. smells so good! - screw the haters here! n all! they just bullies. if u want ur "plain" crap - scent - go on - get other crap! but this one is so good! mm yes! :). smells n lasts pretty long i think. so good that - one of my sisters BOUGHT HER OWN! - that says something right there! :O :) - n also! - the price has gone up in general. but it is really good perfume tho!! - i seen them everywhere! - i think u just think major retail like Macy's now to get, but like ULTA has probably etc! :O :) - so u can save $$ by going to ULTA! :O :) maybe!! - so - it's intoxicating n so good! - i highly recommend. i rave bout it all the time! - if ur gonna own one HIGH END Thing - get this! omg yes! <3 . :) .

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by shadedmaryy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very strong and leaves a long fragrant trail all around you. Its long lasting. I love trying out fragrances so sprayed a test strip generously, labeled it and placed it in an air tight zip-lock packet (a good way to take home several fragrances that you want to try, then to spend some time with them over several days in the comfort of your home) . Don't get fooled if you hear that this is reformulated because even if it is, its good and such a strong one. My test strip flexed its muscles and the smell managed to permeate right through the tightly sealed plastic water tight/ air tight zip-lock packet! Shocking! You won't even be able to hide your fragrance under a rain coat! I've decided that Pure Poison is not for me, but sure lots can enjoy this bulldozer fragrance. Maybe it is suitable for a teenager and up to a 20ish or more. Its for a fun loving extrovert type of girl who loves to be noticed and who enjoys nights/ days out with friends.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I remember wearing this back in high school... This stuff is heavy. Not a subtle fragrance at all. Now that I am a bit wiser and can appreciate the art of subtlety, I would not go for such a fragrance again. It is long-lasting, but too overpowering. I've upgraded to more appealing floral scents (Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb, Gucci Flora, etc.).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It's simply a watered down floral-nothing like it's character infused older brother-Poison. *sighs*I'm disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by evadeb

This is my first encounter with a big flowery fragrances that I actually love.
Previously my high rotation consisted of fragrances like Molecule 01 by escentric molecules, Eau des Baux by L' Occitane, and other woody orientals. I also love a bit of musky skank, i.e. L' Air de Rien by Miller Harris and Muscs Koublai Khan by Serge Lutens.

I also used to steer clear of "clean" smelling fragrances, and this one has both the big flowers I avoided for so long, and a certain soapiness to it.

I'm afraid I fall short in the notes dissecting department, I leave that to others who can do a much better job than me, but who knows, you might be a woody gal who likes her skank, and find your entrance to the big flower notes in fragrances by this soapy, a bit stand offish, and at the same time rather sexy smell.

Go easy on the trigger, it has plenty sillage!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only fragrance I have ever been able to call my signature fragrance. I am absolutely in love with this perfume.

I don't even know how to explain Pure Poison, and honestly it is so complex that it sort of smells different each time I wear it. Sometimes it is very floral, sometimes it is very warm and sensual and spicy, sometimes I can detect the orange notes. This scent always seems to play perfectly with my body chemistry. It changes over time, and it is never a one dimensional fragrance.

I get so many compliments on this fragrance, and I love that when I tell people what it is, a lot of times they haven't even heard of it. It's not J'adore, it's not miss dior. I feel like this fragrance is my well kept secret-- that I found it as a signature scent before anyone else.

Since it is such a warm fragrance, and a strong white floral, I agree that it definitely is better in the cooler weather. I have worn it during the summer, I just apply it more lightly. Most warmer days though, I go out with just a lotion, and not really any fragrance.

In the winter though, this is *my smell*. I even spray all of my jackets with it, so the scent follows me everywhere I go. People are always complimenting how good I smell, and asking what I am wearing.

I love when I walk past my dh and he takes a big whif and goes "ooooo thats your scent!" lol.

My favorite thing about Pure Poison is that it is the one fragrance I have found that just isn't dupable. I think it's because of how complex of a fragrance it is.

Whenever I smell another perfume I always get so underwhelmed because all I can think is "I smelled this before..." or "this just smells like perfume..". I have *never* smelled anything else that smells like Pure Poison.

I have owned so many perfumes, and not only is pure poison the only one I have repurchased (I haven't been without this perfume since 2007), but it's actually the *only* perfume I ever finished the whole bottle of.

I don't think I will ever not own this scent.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No