Dior Pure Poison

3.7

on 5/5/2015 2:52:00 PM

I love the smell... I've had few pple asking what it was. I can't get over the smell, it's so subtle yet so striking. It's not a heavy at all. I started using it bc I'm allergic to so many products but not to this one

on 3/19/2015 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Pretty perfume that unfortunately gives me a headache. So sad! This tends to happen to me -- as well as to many others -- with big heady indolic white florals (jasmine, orange blossom, gardenia, tuberose, honeysuckle, sometimes freesia, lily, or rose) -- depending on how they're used in the fragrance.

Softer floral notes such as lily-of-the-valley (aka muguet), magnolia, mimosa, lilac, orchid, violet, peony, water lily, lotus blossom, etc -- these are the florals I generally prefer and gravitate toward.

Launched in 2004 by Dior, here are Pure Poison's notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes- Bergamot, Jasmine, Mandarin, Orange
Heart Notes - Gardenia, Neroli
Base Notes - Sandalwood, White amber, Cedar

Pure Poison's irridescent white bottle is beautiful, and the scent is quite strong, yet it has an innocent quality too. It's a lush, luminous fragrance. My husband, who loves florals, gifted it to me when it launched, and I will always keep it in my collection -- just to sniff from the bottle.

Of the 4 Poisons I own -- orig Poison, Pure Poison, Midnight Poison (rose & patchouli), and Hypnotic Poison -- my favorite is *definitely* Hypnotic Poison, which is a luscious oriental containing almond & vanilla (wrote separate review).

on 11/28/2014 4:58:00 PM

I get so many compliments when I wear this, I don't normally purchase the same perfume more than once but I will make an exception for this bottle. A little goes a long way- one spritz and you're set for the entire day! Very long lasting!

on 10/17/2014 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this Eau de parfum, it is very strong and I would say smells of white florals and musk, with a slight sweetness and freshness but also heady at the same time! I put one squirt on my wrists then touch them on my neck, that's it! This is not the perfume to be spraying all about the place like a body spray, you will choke people and scare them away! I'd say this is a winter scent but could be worn day or night as it does have a freshness to it! The smallest bottle is 48 and you can't get a discount anywhere really, unless boots are doing 5 off etc...as is the case with Chanel fragrances! The only reason I won't buy again is because it probably will never run out, and I seem to get a headache when I wear it, maybe a coincidence?? I can't see teenagers wearing this, it's not a girly, fruity, candy floss smell, I'd say it's for the more mature woman, late 20's upwards. Definitely worth a try!

on 9/17/2014 4:36:00 PM

It's my favourite parfume for the winter. It's very sexy and warm and makes me feel very confident.

on 9/14/2014 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This perfume is just a classic. It's floral & confident & very long lasting. A little goes a long way. It's one of those rare perfume that will have a permanent spot in my collection. Perfumes are highly personal but I would recommend everyone to test this!

on 8/4/2014 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Has been one of my favorites since it came out....I love it and people always compliment me when I wear it. It smells clean, fresh and elegant. I love it!!!

ok. i finally got this by chance. long time ago!! - so in love with it! the go 2! :O :) - if i had a ulimate dream, i would get this one. smells so good! - screw the haters here! n all! they just bullies. if u want ur "plain" crap - scent - go on - get other crap! but this one is so good! mm yes! :). smells n lasts pretty long i think. so good that - one of my sisters BOUGHT HER OWN! - that says something right there! :O :) - n also! - the price has gone up in general. but it is really good perfume tho!! - i seen them everywhere! - i think u just think major retail like Macy's now to get, but like ULTA has probably etc! :O :) - so u can save $$ by going to ULTA! :O :) maybe!! - so - it's intoxicating n so good! - i highly recommend. i rave bout it all the time! - if ur gonna own one HIGH END Thing - get this! omg yes! <3 . :) .

on 6/28/2014 4:52:00 PM

Very strong and leaves a long fragrant trail all around you. Its long lasting. I love trying out fragrances so sprayed a test strip generously, labeled it and placed it in an air tight zip-lock packet (a good way to take home several fragrances that you want to try, then to spend some time with them over several days in the comfort of your home) . Don't get fooled if you hear that this is reformulated because even if it is, its good and such a strong one. My test strip flexed its muscles and the smell managed to permeate right through the tightly sealed plastic water tight/ air tight zip-lock packet! Shocking! You won't even be able to hide your fragrance under a rain coat! I've decided that Pure Poison is not for me, but sure lots can enjoy this bulldozer fragrance. Maybe it is suitable for a teenager and up to a 20ish or more. Its for a fun loving extrovert type of girl who loves to be noticed and who enjoys nights/ days out with friends.

on 5/15/2014 5:42:00 PM

I remember wearing this back in high school... This stuff is heavy. Not a subtle fragrance at all. Now that I am a bit wiser and can appreciate the art of subtlety, I would not go for such a fragrance again. It is long-lasting, but too overpowering. I've upgraded to more appealing floral scents (Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb, Gucci Flora, etc.).

Popular Fragrances