August 29, 2014 | 1011 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Logenbrook

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love it! But I don't really like the brush(:

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by EllieAnne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is really mediocre and does not justify the price. It was reasonably good at separating lashes, but didn't make them thick and full.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Bunnisan

They gave it to me as a free sample at sephora

it clumps
it doesn't do much good
not waterproof

i wouldn't buy the actual product

(\ /)
(^_^)
C(")(")

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by puffinrose

I have long and curly eyelashes..this did nothing to improve them. I would not buy it again. On the plus side, it did not clump or give me spiderlashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 8:28:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Well, I think I'm going to finally draw the conclusion that because I'm asian and cursed with short stubby and stubborn lashes, no mascaras in the world will give me those nice glossy curvy and full lashes. That being said, I do have to say that the Bionic mascara is one of the better ones that I've tired so far. It does hold the curl of my lashes, doesn't flake, doesn't smudge, and doesn't make my lashes rigid and spider-web like. It also comes off easily with eye makeup remover which is a huge plus for me too. The wand does clump but I have try to take off as much product before carefully applying. Let's just say that I've gotten compliments upon wearing this mascara (which has never happened before, except for when I was a "Hynose" mascara wearer). It does provide a nice jet black colour which I need to accentuate my eyes. Being asian, I need all the help I can get with making my eyes pop. This one does that! Will repurchase! Also, Smashbox does NOT test on animals. YAY! A HUGE plus! EDIT: The 2nd tube I got was a downer. It smudged and killed my curl. No repurchase :(

Also tried the Bionic MUSE mascara in Black Violet, and let's just say that I'm never purchasing that ever again. It gave me spidery, dry, crusty and stiff lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by lillian1717

Fortunately, I got the Smashbox Bionic Mascara as part of a kit - Unfortunately, it's not very good. The tube is square-ish, and the brush itself has a helix like shape that spirals.

It smears, flakes into my eyes and cause stinging, and it doesn't do much of anything (hold a curl, lenghthen or volumize). So all in all, it's kind of a nay for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by JillEbEEnz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first I hated this stuff. After a couple practice runs, it's grown on me a bit. To apply this so it looks great on your lashed takes patience. Fortunalely my mascara is where I spend all my time. I find that when you're applying mascara it works best to hold your lashes for a few seconds on the first few swipes. I think eyelash curlers are useless. I always let it dry for a bit before doing a second/third coat. I definitely need my metal eye lash comb though.
My only problems with the Smashbox mascara is that it flakes and smudges easily.
I would repurchase, but nothing will every compare to my L'Oreal Voluminous.

EDIT: I LOVE THIS!! I have become more patient in my mascara application, and this is great. It's a wax base, which makes it really easy to build on. I lost my lash comb a while ago, and haven't bother replacing it because I haven't needed it.
I still build extra volume with my L'Oreal Voluminous though.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2008 10:01:00 AM More reviews by eaj721

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally like Smashbox products, but the new mascara(atomic blast) was really awful. It applies like regular mascara, even fools you in the beginning to believe your getting big bold lush lashes; but when it dries; it takes on a life of its own. My lashes clumped together and it was a mess trying to force each lash away from each other with a fine tooth metal comb (for lashes). I could not believe what had happened and was so disappointed since I bought it to use for a wedding.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by joyonicity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This mascara gives effects similar to those of Lancome Definicils. It is long-wearing, dark, non-clumping, and defining. However, I was looking for more of a dramatic mascara. My lashes were darkened, thickened, and lengthened, and neatly so, but not significantly. Though its formula is drier than that of Definicils, it still goes and stays on well and does not clump. I like it, but would only use it for an au naturale look. Itís not glam enough for me =)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a bad product at all, albiet it did take me 3 tugs on the eyelash curler for it to open up my eyes to work it's magic power. The pigment was good and so was the coverage though I wish it had some thickening power. I have the definition and color I want but no real "notice me batting lashes" wish some lush velvet luxury. I would re-purchase but only if I had the money to throw away and even then I would go for the O-Gloss (so pretty girls!)